Injured Players

136 posts
Isaac Hunt

Re: Injured Players

by Isaac Hunt » 04 Jul 2010 11:38

Royal Rother 3 and 1 are not numbers likely to be transposed. (Just saying like...)

True, but having read a number of Noel's tweets, anything is possible! If he didn't have football I'd really worry about what he'd be doing for a living! :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2010 13:11

I don't see why they are unlikely to be transposed. Unless Hunt touch types (unlikely IMO) he's likely to have used index finger for 3 and his middle finger for 1. It would be fairly natural to use index then middle accidently, rather than middle then index.

I do that sort of thing all the time.

bagman

by bagman » 04 Jul 2010 16:53

The first team no longer use the "bleep test" where anything over 15 would be an outstanding score. The bleep test requires continuous movement, and they have replaced it with the Y test which is basically the same with 20 metre runs and turns, but with a 5sec rest at the end of each leg. It is felt that this is more akin to the real football situation. 31 would be a good score in this test, but the best performers were HRK, Julian Kelly and Jacob Walcott.

Murts-is-Lej

by Murts-is-Lej » 05 Jul 2010 14:48

Not been to Hogwood yet...
Jonny Fordham No Chris Armstrong in #readingfc training, still can't see him playing again
http://twitter.com/JonnyFordham

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Jul 2010 16:21

Murts-is-Lej Not been to Hogwood yet...
Jonny Fordham No Chris Armstrong in #readingfc training, still can't see him playing again
http://twitter.com/JonnyFordham

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

top bloke, top player
hope this isnt true

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 05 Jul 2010 16:28

Jonny Fordham also New #readingfc left-back Marcus Williams was wearing squad number 3 today, that did belong to Chris Armstrong, who wasn't training.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Jul 2010 17:43

We've been missing stretch for so long now even the manager's probably forgotton about him! My take is that he may well not be injured but whether he has full fitness and is able to turn out Championship level performances week in and week out is another kettle of fish.

I would be most surprised if we saw him kick a ball in anger this season. There that should guarentee him 50 odd games this season!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 05 Jul 2010 17:52

Chris Armstrong played only one game for us last season, anyone remember who it was against :?:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jul 2010 17:57

RG30 Chris Armstrong played only one game for us last season, anyone remember who it was against :?:

Was it in the cup? Burton Albion maybe?

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 05 Jul 2010 18:16

Ian Royal
W&E Royal If McAnuff is still with us. QPR friend of mine thinks they will sign him next week.

If they do we ought to be able to siphon off enough of that to get a decent replacement at the price they'll have to give us. Even taking into account a lot will go into our £3.5m hole.

you do talk some utter drivel. tell me, who could be this wonderful replacement for mcanuff? he's possibly the best winger outside the premiership, and all we'll see is several hundred thousand pounds, half of which maybe the manager can spend. the rest of the transfer fee being in the usual installments, based on promotion etc etc.. so do tell.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 06 Jul 2010 11:06

Ian Royal
RG30 Chris Armstrong played only one game for us last season, anyone remember who it was against :?:

Was it in the cup? Burton Albion maybe?

Yes. And he looked a shadow of the player he had been the season before...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Jul 2010 13:52

Dirk Gently I think it's more likely that he meant 13 and transposed the numbers. He's coming back to fitness so I doubt he'd have got all teh way to teh top.

The only other option is that RFC use a non-standard bleep test with more levels in it.

No way he only did 13 on a standard bleep test - I could do that and i'm not a professional athlete.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2010 15:49

Urinal Mint
Ian Royal
W&E Royal If McAnuff is still with us. QPR friend of mine thinks they will sign him next week.

If they do we ought to be able to siphon off enough of that to get a decent replacement at the price they'll have to give us. Even taking into account a lot will go into our £3.5m hole.

you do talk some utter drivel. tell me, who could be this wonderful replacement for mcanuff? he's possibly the best winger outside the premiership, and all we'll see is several hundred thousand pounds, half of which maybe the manager can spend. the rest of the transfer fee being in the usual installments, based on promotion etc etc.. so do tell.

I'm not a scout. Why should I pretend I know who a good potential replacement would be? No player, not even Sigurdsson is irreplaceable. McAnuff would be a blow, but one that could be handled.

Did it occur to you that any price we pay will also be in installments, based on promotion etc?

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 06 Jul 2010 18:46

From Jonny Fordham's Twitter: "Even though he's back in training Ivar Ingimarsson will not be coming to Slovenia with the rest of the #readingfc squad"

Mills & Pearce the pairing to start the season then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2010 21:31

Isaac Hunt
From Jonny Fordham's Twitter: "Even though he's back in training Ivar Ingimarsson will not be coming to Slovenia with the rest of the #readingfc squad"

Mills & Pearce the pairing to start the season then?

Unless we sign a centreback obviously. If Cisse really is on his way to Bristol that leaves us quite light with only three and Bryn. Especially with Ivar's injury problems and Mills' disciplinary record.

specialjon

by specialjon » 07 Jul 2010 12:36

On the Stretch front he has been given a squad number which I guess is a positive thing, as it would seem bizarre to give him a squad number if he was on the verge of retiring.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2085332,00.html

Also on the Ivar front Mc D says he'll play pre season so hopefully he'll be fit to start the season.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2086283,00.html

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 07 Jul 2010 12:59

specialjon On the Stretch front he has been given a squad number which I guess is a positive thing, as it would seem bizarre to give him a squad number if he was on the verge of retiring.

I'd see that as a sign he's on his way out. Hope not, but he's clearly not the first choice left back. Not often a player loses a 1-11 squad number.

I'd still be surprised if we see Stretch turn out for us this season. :(

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jul 2010 16:16

Until an official decision to retire or not is made of course he's going to get a squad number. This tells us nothing other than Williams is expected to be ready to play from day one.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Jul 2010 15:03

I'd say it's the start of the end for Armstrong unfortunately.

As Isaac says, it's very rare for a player to lose their number, and it's not even as if Williams was number 3 at Scunthorpe (which might indicate he's got a thing about it). From that it seems that he'll be starting the season as first choice left back and as others have said, I'd expect to hear some news on Armstrongs retirement in the next few months.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 08 Jul 2010 17:16

Ian Royal

If McAnuff leaves (which I doubt/hope he won't) then there's not much point in signing another winger, is there?
Henry, Robson-Kanu, Antonio, Baggie... I suppose we could do with an experienced winger, but then when will Henry/Robson-Kanu get their chance?

136 posts