The Jimmy Kebe ACTUALLY HAS a groin strain thread

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: PLEASEEEE DON't sell Jimmy Kebe

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Aug 2010 10:49

strap
Wycombe Royal If he is sold then so be it. From the clubs perspective if we get a good offer for him then it will be stupid not to sell as he will leave on a free next summer. On the other hand it does leave us a bit short in the wingers department having also sold James Henry.

So all we can hope for if he is sold is that some money is made available to replace Kebe and to get another centre back in.

You don't think Hal R-K or Michael Antonio are adequate, (rather than like for like), replacements? Personally, I would prefer to get a fee for him now rather than see him depart back to France for nothing at the end of his contract come next May. Of course, the big question is what happens if we get offers for both McAnuff AND Kebe? Will Mr Mad be able to resist cashing in a couple of 7 figure sums?? Actually stupid question - of course he couldn't resist it.

If Kebe continues to play like he did for the scond half of last season, I'd hope he'd be offered a new contract, but I imagine he's one of the few left on PL type wages so THAT'S not going to happen.

Bottom line, we'd better enjoy his remaining contributions while they last.

I think both of them could do a job, but I would be happier with two wingers on the pitch and two others in reserve. And I agree I would be happier getting a decent fee for him now than nothing next summer.

I also believe that even if we get promoted and offer Jimmy Kebe improved terms he would still be off back to France.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Aug 2010 10:49

brendywendy and my favourite player.

i for one will sit in my seat with a vaguely depressed expression on my face for at least two or three games if this happens.

club - you have been warned

No change there, etc etc

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 02 Aug 2010 10:49

My favourite player by a country mile.

Losing him will be a major blow (if these whispers are with foundation)

Funny how so many on this list trashed him, eh?

richierock

by richierock » 02 Aug 2010 11:04

Wycombe Royal
strap
Wycombe Royal If he is sold then so be it. From the clubs perspective if we get a good offer for him then it will be stupid not to sell as he will leave on a free next summer. On the other hand it does leave us a bit short in the wingers department having also sold James Henry.

So all we can hope for if he is sold is that some money is made available to replace Kebe and to get another centre back in.

You don't think Hal R-K or Michael Antonio are adequate, (rather than like for like), replacements? Personally, I would prefer to get a fee for him now rather than see him depart back to France for nothing at the end of his contract come next May. Of course, the big question is what happens if we get offers for both McAnuff AND Kebe? Will Mr Mad be able to resist cashing in a couple of 7 figure sums?? Actually stupid question - of course he couldn't resist it.

If Kebe continues to play like he did for the scond half of last season, I'd hope he'd be offered a new contract, but I imagine he's one of the few left on PL type wages so THAT'S not going to happen.

Bottom line, we'd better enjoy his remaining contributions while they last.

I think both of them could do a job, but I would be happier with two wingers on the pitch and two others in reserve. And I agree I would be happier getting a decent fee for him now than nothing next summer.

I also believe that even if we get promoted and offer Jimmy Kebe improved terms he would still be off back to France.

Well it's taken about 30 months of tolerance and patience by everyone to get him to the position of being a potent threat for this season.
I hope he stays, but If the call of more money takes him to a Premiership club then he'd do well to ponder on the long list of Reading players who've faded into obscurity by being similarly tempted (KD and MH excepted)
If he goes back to France when on the verge of possibly a great season at Reading, then he truly is a cheese-eating surrender-monkey.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 02 Aug 2010 11:05

keep him this year, hope his skills get us up and if not let him go back to france for free - got to be worth a gamble and if we go up, he'll stay

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 Aug 2010 11:10

I'd rather we sold all the other players tbh

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 02 Aug 2010 11:12

Stranded Where has this We're selling Jimmy rumour come from?

To who? Or is it just of case of him actually being injured but people deciding it's fake and he's off?

Yeah its because its the same as the case of the S. Hunt joke injury last year.

Google "stephen hunt groin strain".

Add to that the persistent rumours that he doesn't speak english, wants to go back to France and will leave on a free next year.

In terms of Jimmy definitely going next year, why do people assume this? He probably doesn't know himself yet! If we get promoted and he is our best player I should imagine it would be highly tempting to stay!

B McDermott said hes going to spend some time with the physio. Is our physio a secret agent of N Hammond is B McD actually a bare faced liar.
Last edited by Z175 on 02 Aug 2010 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 02 Aug 2010 11:13

Snowball My favourite player by a country mile.

Well i think the 2 goals in 68 games then 10 in 20 would make that forgivable in this case...

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 02 Aug 2010 11:17

i have heard a rumour this morning that he has sold his house..................

Its 100% genuine thats what ive been told, whether its true well the sauce is averagely reliable, and says he's off now not next season.

Probably horse shit.

havoc

by havoc » 02 Aug 2010 11:24

Focher i have heard a rumour this morning that he has sold his house..................

Its 100% genuine thats what ive been told, whether its true well the sauce is averagely reliable, and says he's off now not next season.

Probably horse shit.

which estate agents :?:

PM if need be, there are 6 houses I can find listed for sale on his street

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 02 Aug 2010 11:28

shaka's shorts keep him this year, hope his skills get us up and if not let him go back to france for free - got to be worth a gamble and if we go up, he'll stay

Agree with this.

Keeping Jimmy for the season is, imho, worth the gamble, and indeed the season ticket price on its own

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: The Jimmy Kebe groin strain thread

by TBM » 02 Aug 2010 11:29

work colleague lives by the training ground and he just said he saw Kebe doing some shuttle runs with the fitness coach, nobody else was training.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Aug 2010 11:33

I think this shows how good a job BMcD has one since taking over. We all knew that JK hd the ability but the previous two managers could not get the best oout of him. He really is the sort of player that brings a crowd to life with a huge buzz of expectation when he gets on the ball. And yes, I did not rate him prior to the change in management.

And, as stated above, it makes far more business sense to get something for him now rather than wait for him to leave for nothing at the end of the season.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 02 Aug 2010 11:41

Terminal Boardom
And, as stated above, it makes far more business sense to get something for him now rather than wait for him to leave for nothing at the end of the season.

Given he has only been good for 20 games I don't think anyone will over pay for him.
How much do you think we would get?

We are talking about a man who looks like he should absolutely destroy this league this season and theres a 60 million jackpot for that.

If you rate our promotion chances at 15% with him and 5% without, then (under International Financial Reporting Standards) theres a case for him being worth 6m!

And no one will bid any more than 1.5m-2m for a 12 goals in 88 games man.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2010 11:42

Terminal Boardom I think this shows how good a job BMcD has one since taking over. We all knew that JK hd the ability but the previous two managers could not get the best oout of him. He really is the sort of player that brings a crowd to life with a huge buzz of expectation when he gets on the ball. And yes, I did not rate him prior to the change in management.

In the cold light of day you would probably be right - but the goals he potentially could score/create this season could mean a return to the top flight and the riches there.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 02 Aug 2010 11:52

His contract is up in 2012 not 2011

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 42,00.html

He will not go on a free next year.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Aug 2010 12:03

Stranded Where has this We're selling Jimmy rumour come from?

To who? Or is it just of case of him actually being injured but people deciding it's fake and he's off?

the rumour came from people on this forum, adding 2, to 2 and getting a number that isnt 4

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Aug 2010 12:06

Z175
Snowball My favourite player by a country mile.

Well i think the 2 goals in 68 games then 10 in 20 would make that forgivable in this case...

not forgiveable, just indicative that many people will alsways look to the negative, and look to slateand moan at a player(usually wingers)
while others look for positives, and can see potential where the whingers see nowt but doom 'N gloom

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Aug 2010 12:07

Kebe is shit - it wouldn't be worth any other teams even looking at him, let alone buying him

Seriously!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Aug 2010 12:07

No Hoops His contract is up in 2012 not 2011

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 42,00.html

He will not go on a free next year.

:lol: , didnt we extend it last year?