Fan for AD Sports feature

ADSports

Fan for AD Sports feature

by ADSports » 05 Sep 2012 10:19

Morning all,

I am a producer at Premier League Productions in London (part of IMG World) and working across a number of programs which air on Abu Dhabi Sports (essentially the Sky Sports of the Middle East, holding Premier League rights to 22 countries)

We run a segment called "My Club" in which we spend a day with a fan at their club's stadium (pitchside, stands, dugout etc) and talk to them about their club and their personal history with their club so I am looking for fans who might be interested in taking part. All we really need is someone who knows their club (probably a season ticket holder but not necessarily) and is happy to talk about it on camera.

If any of you on here would be interested in spending a few hours at the Madejski talking about all things Reading then please do get in touch.

Thanks and all the best.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Fan for AD Sports feature

by General B » 05 Sep 2012 11:41

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Sep 2012 12:33

You must know Seal then I'd imagine.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2012 13:01

ADSports Morning all,

I am a producer at Premier League Productions in London (part of IMG World) and working across a number of programs which air on Abu Dhabi Sports (essentially the Sky Sports of the Middle East, holding Premier League rights to 22 countries)

We run a segment called "My Club" in which we spend a day with a fan at their club's stadium (pitchside, stands, dugout etc) and talk to them about their club and their personal history with their club so I am looking for fans who might be interested in taking part. All we really need is someone who knows their club (probably a season ticket holder but not necessarily) and is happy to talk about it on camera.

If any of you on here would be interested in spending a few hours at the Madejski talking about all things Reading then please do get in touch.

Thanks and all the best.

Ooh, I think I *might* know you! Might have met you last night (or one of your colleagues) as it happens.....I'm up for it if you're not sick of the sight of me! :wink:

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 20 Sep 2012 12:46

ADSports Morning all,

Thanks and all the best.

I woukd be more than happy to have you arrange travel/hotel for me to come to Abu Dhabi and assist you with your show.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Sep 2012 09:46

Too late - I did it. No idea when it being shown though. :cry:

MM

by MM » 14 Feb 2013 15:34

Haha, I saw that feature on AD Sports a month or two back.

AD Sports is great - every Premier League game live in HD, plus all the sideshow programmes that go with it.

Do they show Premier League TV in UK also now or is it just shown overseas?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Feb 2013 08:10

MM Haha, I saw that feature on AD Sports a month or two back.

AD Sports is great - every Premier League game live in HD, plus all the sideshow programmes that go with it.

Do they show Premier League TV in UK also now or is it just shown overseas?

Just overseas.

Anyway, why you laughing m8 - I was the consummate professional on there :wink:

MM

by MM » 14 Mar 2013 13:40

Ultimate pro, of course.

It's a shame none of you guys can see Premier League World today on AD Sports. Steve Coppell is the guest and he is talking so openly about our second season in the top flight. Some information that we could speculate on, but hearing it first hand now is fascinating. Plenty of other stuff that has never been mentioned too.

Sadly they went on to show the record-breaking Portsmouth v Reading match :oops: before talking about Icelandics and the current Reading situation.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Mar 2013 15:38

MM Ultimate pro, of course.

It's a shame none of you guys can see Premier League World today on AD Sports. Steve Coppell is the guest and he is talking so openly about our second season in the top flight. Some information that we could speculate on, but hearing it first hand now is fascinating. Plenty of other stuff that has never been mentioned too.

Sadly they went on to show the record-breaking Portsmouth v Reading match :oops: before talking about Icelandics and the current Reading situation.

Can't you give us a quick resume of what he said? :|

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 14 Mar 2013 15:38

Royal Lady
MM Ultimate pro, of course.

Can't you give us a quick resume of what he said? :|

"Who was the old bat on before me?"

MM

by MM » 14 Mar 2013 16:40

Didn't make notes or take it all in but some of the stuff mentioned that I can remember...

The past
He found being asked about 2nd season syndrome a frustration - says it began straight after the Blackburn game

Specified two players by name as having a massive positive influence (a)Sonko - the spritual leader & influence in the dressing room & immense presence on the pitch (b) Sidwell - did a great job and was sorely missed when he moved on.

N.B. I am sure that doesn't mean the importance of the others was less worthy, but he made mention to these specifically for their contributions

Said that they felt almost 'forced' to scout and recruit players from Europe because everybody else was doing it, and admitted that maybe it had not been the best way for Reading to go

After the success of season 1, he had to manage the players and their expectations more (e.g. visits to him from players feeling their major roles had been 'the difference' for this)

Admitted we had various chances to keep away from the drop zone. He talked about the Fulham home defeat. Before the game, felt that if we won it, we had done enough to secure our status 'but we just never performed'. (Aint that the truth - and sadly mirrored the Fulham and Bolton games of that season with Wigan and Villa this season)

Suggested he had not paid as much attention to the goal difference factor on last day at Derby and that on the day maybe they could have got seven

Praised the mentality of the Icelandics and said they always put maximum effort in to training and matches because it was their big chance to do well for themselves. Mentioned, as he often did about Doyle and Long at the time, that they were low maintenance and easy to handle for their professionalism.

The present
Said he is not in the frame for the job (and didn't say he wanted to be either) as he understood the club was taking a different direction. Did however say he would always help if he ever could (meaning in a non-managerial way)

Said he was surprised and disappointed that Brian had been dismissed but appreciates the new owner can do what he wants (and when). I think he mentioned the timing was odd. He felt we must have had somebody lined up to take this decision at that stage, but accepts that we obviously didn't. Does not agree this was a good decision for RFC

Suggested that Brian would have the best chance of getting us up again next season if we went down. Also believes that we can still survive because apart from the next two and possibly Liverpool, we can get enough points from the other games

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Mar 2013 18:25

Thanks MM. I still love him to bits.

MM

by MM » 14 Mar 2013 20:11

No problem. He said he loved your piece on the club too :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Mar 2013 16:20

MM No problem. He said he loved your piece on the club too :wink:

Wish he had!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 22 Mar 2013 18:57

so we let RL do this feature for our club?

great, probably spent a whole day moaning about the ambulance parking, and how STAR need to give her a liason job

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Mar 2013 10:09

melonhead so we let RL do this feature for our club?

great, probably spent a whole day moaning about the ambulance parking, and how STAR need to give her a liason job

It was filmed beginning of September - I eulogised about Feds (weeks later he fell foul of McD and didn't play for aaages), I was very complimentary about McD (look what happened to him), I said Jimmy was my favourite player (then he got injured), I was VERY NICE about SJM and AZ - so let's see what happens there now - I only wish I'd managed to mention you Bendy :wink:

I would load it up, but don't know how to put a dvd onto youtube...

croche

by croche » 24 Mar 2013 16:17

I enjoyed it immensely and led to me becoming a fanatic of this team. Let's go Reading!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Mar 2013 18:52

croche I enjoyed it immensely and led to me becoming a fanatic of this team. Let's go Reading!

You saw it in Quebec? I thought it only went out to UAE countries...

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Mar 2013 22:02

You tube???