STAR AGM

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

STAR AGM

by Royal Lady » 02 Jun 2013 13:17

Would you like to help support the running of STAR as a Board Member?
STAR would welcome members putting themselves forward for election to the Board of Supporters’ Trust At Reading at its next Annual General Meeting in September 2013. In order to stand for election you need to be a fully paid up member of STAR and be aged 18 or over. You must be proposed and seconded by two other fully paid up STAR members and have the support of a further two fully paid up STAR members who are willing to back your candidacy.

Is this usual? When I've applied to be a councillor, a school governor or even on the PTA committee - there's only ever been a proposer and a seconder.....or is this to keep riff raff like me out?! :o

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

Re: STAR AGM

by sputnik » 02 Jun 2013 19:26

Royal Lady Would you like to help support the running of STAR as a Board Member?
STAR would welcome members putting themselves forward for election to the Board of Supporters’ Trust At Reading at its next Annual General Meeting in September 2013. In order to stand for election you need to be a fully paid up member of STAR and be aged 18 or over. You must be proposed and seconded by two other fully paid up STAR members and have the support of a further two fully paid up STAR members who are willing to back your candidacy.

Is this usual? When I've applied to be a councillor, a school governor or even on the PTA committee - there's only ever been a proposer and a seconder.....or is this to keep riff raff like me out?! :o

Probably.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 02 Jun 2013 20:55

the model rules for an Industrial & Provident Society (like STAR) has nominations requiring the signatures of ten members, so I think STAR has actually reduced the requirments rather than increased them.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Jun 2013 21:06

Oooh well I've never heard that before!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 03 Jun 2013 13:56

obsessed with something you are not even a member of. do you question the rules of the mafia, freemasons etc

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Jun 2013 18:24

Harpers So Solid Crew obsessed with something you are not even a member of. do you question the rules of the mafia, freemasons etc
No - but they don't have an influence on my football club - and I may become a member and stand for the board - hence why I looked. Stop phucking staLOLking me.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 04 Jun 2013 05:41

get on and do it then.

lol at stalking shit again. its a discussion board.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 04 Jun 2013 12:09

Harpers So Solid Crew get on and do it then.

RL, if you can get the two fully paid up members to back you, you should get on as usually they're crying out for board members.

Same goes for all you out there who keep whining about STAR, get on the board and see the difficulties they face and how diplomatic you have to be in maintaining relationships between all the different parties involved in running a football club and it's infrastructure. New blood, new views and new ideas can only help in the long run though.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Jun 2013 16:03

Barry the bird boggler

RL, if you can get the two fully paid up members to back you, you should get on as usually they're crying out for board members.

Same goes for all you out there who keep whining about STAR, get on the board and see the difficulties they face and how diplomatic you have to be in maintaining relationships between all the different parties involved in running a football club and it's infrastructure. New blood, new views and new ideas can only help in the long run though.

I'm almost certainly IN for this tbh. But my view is that STAR shouldn't need to be diplomatic as far as the club is concerned - STAR should be there for supporter and if they don't like something the club are doing, on behalf of the supporter, they should jolly well say so. Which probably means no-one will support my application! :oops:

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 16 Jun 2013 23:42

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Jun 2013 00:37

creative_username_1 .

This.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Jun 2013 09:20

I agree.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 01 Jul 2013 00:01

Royal Lady
Harpers So Solid Crew obsessed with something you are not even a member of. do you question the rules of the mafia, freemasons etc
No - but they don't have an influence on my football club

That's a very big assumption to make.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 26 Jul 2013 01:20

Barry the bird boggler

Shut it you bird boggling bastard

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 07 Aug 2013 14:55

Royal Lady Which probably means no-one will support my application! :oops:
Membership = £10 per person, Just get two people who share your views to sign up and back your application as paid member, plus your membership = £30.

In all honesty though, maybe it's best to become a member and attend the sessions to find out what STAR are actually doing behind the scenes and what their problems are and then see if you can offer anything to the cause - In terms of representing the fans, maybe the old softly softly approach was the only one that would work with SJM after with the direct approach with not working. With AZ at the helm maybe a change of approach will be best (and maybe already be in place).

I wouldn't expect one person alone to make any major impact - much like I wouldn't expect to vote in a local MP and see them change government policy overnight.

The problem with STAR is down to fan recruitment - get more fans joining STAR and suddenly the voice of STAR is more representative of the fans and a more important voice for the club to listen to. Maybe if the cost of membership was reduced for those not wishing to travel or attend fans forums to say £1 and in return STAR get a name added to their member list making their voice louder. They should also look to recruit fans on match days - fill out a form, hand over £1.

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1