chronicle article response

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

chronicle article response

by weybridgewanderer » 22 Mar 2014 19:15

Can STAR make a suggestion to fans how to respond? A campaign to have fans approach companies and withdraw advertising revenue from the chronicle?

westendgirl

Re: chronicle article response

by westendgirl » 23 Mar 2014 09:58

There is a letter to the Chronic on the STAR website. Suspect next stage will depend in whether there is an apology to RFC and its supporters or not.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Mar 2014 20:46

This current hysteria totally baffles me

Well over the top....as is the (normal) case on here

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Mar 2014 22:17

Think it's unsurprising to see fans peeved at a local paper that slurs their club for a problem that doesn't exist there, just in an attempt to chase controversy and sales.

It's not good enough and if you sit back and just shrug because it's also so transparently nonsense then there's no downside for them in doing it and it potentially encourages more of the same.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Mar 2014 17:06

westendgirl There is a letter to the Chronic on the STAR website. Suspect next stage will depend in whether there is an apology to RFC and its supporters or not.

I don't reckon they're going to apologise to us or the club - so what would be the next stage? I can't see there's much STAR can do about it really, which is a shame, and not slating STAR, just think the Chronicle are really not bothered about what we all think. They've had some nice free advertising, although I doubt it will mean they'll pick up any new readership tbf!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1