STAR and RFC in Structured Dialogue meeting

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

STAR and RFC in Structured Dialogue meeting

by STAR Liaison » 09 Apr 2021 09:33

STAR met the senior Reading FC executives for the second Structured Dialogue meeting of the season on 1st April. This is our chance on behalf of supporters to discuss some of the bigger issues and report back. You’ll find the report here:

https://star-reading.org/news/structure ... april-2021

and no jokes about the date, please :wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: STAR and RFC in Structured Dialogue meeting

by Sutekh » 09 Apr 2021 14:29

STAR Liaison STAR met the senior Reading FC executives for the second Structured Dialogue meeting of the season on 1st April. This is our chance on behalf of supporters to discuss some of the bigger issues and report back. You’ll find the report here:

The Madejski Stadium has been sold beyond the football club group of companies.

Does the above mean what I think it means, ie that the ground is not owned by a company related to the football club? Is that anything to worry about?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 09 Apr 2021 16:42

Sutekh
STAR Liaison STAR met the senior Reading FC executives for the second Structured Dialogue meeting of the season on 1st April. This is our chance on behalf of supporters to discuss some of the bigger issues and report back. You’ll find the report here:

The Madejski Stadium has been sold beyond the football club group of companies.

Does the above mean what I think it means, ie that the ground is not owned by a company related to the football club? Is that anything to worry about?

I think it means that the stadium is owned by our present owner but outside the Reading FC group (web?) of companies. Provided it continues to be owned by Dai Yongge (and why wouldn't it?) I don't think it poses an additional risk. It does however suggest the whole Asset of Community Value exercise is a complete paper tiger.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Apr 2021 20:38

Lack of Director of Football is a real concern. Though understandable given financial constraints. Far too more many recent transfers in have been disappointing. Was Bowen that found Morrison and Laurent. Both bargains. Otherwise far too much wasted money.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1