Tim Dellor

112 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

Tim Dellor

by Top Flight » 16 Jan 2016 17:53

Tim Dellor is annoying me again!

He just won't shut up about Vydra. He is going on and on and on and on about Vydra.

Give the lad a break. He will come good.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Tim Dellor

by TBM » 16 Jan 2016 17:55

Come good?

Half the season has gone, we've only got him for another half then he's back to Watford. How long are we supposed to wait for a striker who cost us £2.5m in a loan?!

RustyRoyal

by RustyRoyal » 16 Jan 2016 17:56

Someone needs to tell him that football isn't cricket.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jan 2016 17:57

Partner him with Orlando Sa and the goals will come.

How Brian can keep leaving Orlando out is beyond my understanding!

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 16 Jan 2016 18:01

Dellor mentioned a rumour that Sa is off to AEK Athens so maybe Brian is planning for life without Sa?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Jan 2016 18:02

Top Flight Tim Dellor is annoying me again!

He just won't shut up about Vydra. He is going on and on and on and on about Vydra.

Give the lad a break. He will come good.

What has this lad done to inspire such devotion from our fans? Something about Czech footballers who try little flicks that don't come off that sends you lot weak at the knees.

He is missing chance after chance, week after week, despite so many saying "put him through and provide him with chances and he'll come good". You bring him in with his record at this level at Watford to do one thing and that is to score the goals that will get us promoted. He is not doing it and 12 points off the play offs it's becoming increasingly likely that he will not do it.

Dellor may be strong with the criticism but he, like all of us as Reading fans, genuinely want Vydra to make the difference where he was brought in to make the difference.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jan 2016 18:46

Dellor is an absolute clown. Spent the whole game moaning about Vydra as though no one else was at fault (contrary to the opinions of the fans who were there).

He then kept questioning why McDermott played Vydra for the full 90 minutes yet when it came to his interview with McDermott did he ask that question? Did he f8Ck! :twisted: Instead he beat around the bush asking questions about Vydra's state of mind and whether he was happy playing.

To cap it all the complete arse then moaned that McDermott hadn't been very direct with his answers! Try asking a direct question you twat! e.g. Brian, why did you play Vydra for the full 90 minutes?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 18:50

Whether true or not TD was saying that Vydra is costing the club £150k per game :shock:

If so, that is a p1ss poor return at this level.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Jan 2016 18:57

AthleticoSpizz Whether true or not TD was saying that Vydra is costing the club £150k per game :shock:

TD also said £80,000 per game earlier in the programme - which sounds more like it – although still a mad amount.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Jan 2016 19:06

andrew1957
AthleticoSpizz Whether true or not TD was saying that Vydra is costing the club £150k per game :shock:

TD also said £80,000 per game earlier in the programme - which sounds more like it – although still a mad amount.

Do the sums. If his loan fee is £2,500,00 and is inclusive of his pay then he costs £2.5m/46 ( or less if you only count the games he plays). If the loan fee doesn't include pay then the amount goes up proportionate to that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 19:09

It was not my job to "do the sums", it was TD's to make accurate comments

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 16 Jan 2016 19:13

sandman What has this lad done to inspire such devotion from our fans? Something about Czech footballers who try little flicks that don't come off that sends you lot weak at the knees.

He is missing chance after chance, week after week, despite so many saying "put him through and provide him with chances and he'll come good". You bring him in with his record at this level at Watford to do one thing and that is to score the goals that will get us promoted. He is not doing it and 12 points off the play offs it's becoming increasingly likely that he will not do it.

Dellor may be strong with the criticism but he, like all of us as Reading fans, genuinely want Vydra to make the difference where he was brought in to make the difference.

Vydra is, usually, a class act. The problem with the Vydra wearing the blue and white hooped shirt is simply that he doesn't want to be here. He wants to, and believes he should, be playing in the Prem with Watford. Like Murray last season, he has no feeling or affinity for our club. He is just another example of why the loan system doesn't work.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jan 2016 19:14

AthleticoSpizz It was not my job to "do the sums", it was TD's to make accurate comments

But he doesn't does he. He claimed Vydra missed his sitter today from 8 yards. Gooding then says it was at least as far out as the penalty spot and might have even been 14 yards. He also claimed that 10,000 of the crowd would have hit the target, which of course was also complete bollocks if they had really been put in exactly the same situation.

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 16 Jan 2016 19:19

RoyalBlue
AthleticoSpizz It was not my job to "do the sums", it was TD's to make accurate comments

But he doesn't does he. He claimed Vydra missed his sitter today from 8 yards. Gooding then says it was at least as far out as the penalty spot and might have even been 14 yards. He also claimed that 10,000 of the crowd would have hit the target, which of course was also complete bollocks if they had really been put in exactly the same situation.

A large % would have, it was an awful finish

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jan 2016 19:23

Bob1871
RoyalBlue

A large % would have, it was an awful finish

Maybe it was, but unless you call single figure percentages 'large' I doubt they would. The game moves a lot quicker than spectators realise - certainly a lot quicker than Dellor's brain appears to operate.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Jan 2016 19:44

Errr, you make a comment about his value, based on those figures. So, it isn't unreasonable to think you might have done the sums. Anyway, my point was and is that it is not a difficult sum to carry out rather than rely on Timmy.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 19:48

Maths was never my subject....."Errrrrr" think you need to reassess my post, I pre-cursed any comments about the "value " of Vydra with the possibility of it not being accurate.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jan 2016 20:49

Dellor also won't stop moaning about the club selling the useless winger Blackman. A player who only had 6 months left on his contract, would have left for free in the summer and we received £4million Bucks for him now.

He said in his own words that he doesn't give a monkeys that it was good business for the club. We are a sporting club after all and not a business. So we shouldn't be concerned about the health of the business. We should go for broke and try and get instant success.

I am so glad that Dellor isn't running the club. We'd be out of existence by now if Dellor had been running things for the past 5 years.

The fact is we could never really get Blackman and all the other pieces of the jigsaw to fit properly. You put him on the wing and you leave out a class act in McCleary or Ola John. You play him up front and Orlando or Vydra or Piazon or someone else has to miss out. It just never really worked with Blackman around. We'll be a much better team and in better health as a business better able to sign better players now he has gone.

Long live Sir John.....

The sooner Dellor is off air the better.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 20:56

Dellor's great.....and Blackman would've got us another three points today.

Apart from that.......you speak sense

Blackbag

by Blackbag » 16 Jan 2016 21:10

I like Dellor and think Vydra will come good ( I hope Vydra will come good) glad Blackmans fcuked off still got my doubts over McDermot i think as a club we always look backwards

112 posts