Tim Dellor

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Tim Dellor

by Royal Rother » 22 Sep 2018 11:35

Old Man Andrews Dellor is such a pussy. Full of it on air but when faced with Clement he cannot ask the tough questions. Such a two faced weasel.

I don’t agree.

He doesn’t have unlimited time but asks some of the difficult questions but in a respectful toned-down way. That is surely the correct manner to adopt.

If he says “Let me ask you this Paul, everyone in the stadium can see that Aluko is absolutely useless. What possible reason is there to keep playing him? Are you being forced to do so by upstairs because he is the most expensive player the club has ever signed?” then the important relationship between club and BBCRB (which makes up a big percentage of the station’s weekly output) would go into unhealthy territory (for both parties).

And he is not conducting political interviews - so when he doesn’t get a direct answer to his questions (which actually happens far far less with Clement than was the case with Stam and certainly Gourlay) it’s probably best to just accept it and move on.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Oct 2018 20:51

In most other areas of the country the local radio football presenters are close to their clubs and are usually up-to-date on injuries etc. ahead of a game.
Whether it is the fault of the club or the fault of BBCRB presenters I don't know but yesterday they were behaving like us uninformed fans in speculating why our 3rd choice keeper was starting and surmised that the other two had been dropped when in fact it turns out that they were both injured.

You would think at times that they have no connection with the club and so often their comments are as if they are just fans rather than professional sports media folk.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2018 10:05

Victor Meldrew In most other areas of the country the local radio football presenters are close to their clubs and are usually up-to-date on injuries etc. ahead of a game.
Whether it is the fault of the club or the fault of BBCRB presenters I don't know but yesterday they were behaving like us uninformed fans in speculating why our 3rd choice keeper was starting and surmised that the other two had been dropped when in fact it turns out that they were both injured.

You would think at times that they have no connection with the club and so often their comments are as if they are just fans rather than professional sports media folk.

It’s the club not offering the information (why would they?) and the media not asking about the fitness of the keepers (why would they either if there’s no reason to think they’re injured). Believe the club tweeted just after kick off the keepers injury situation so no-one knew anything for sure until then. Presuming players dropped for form also wouldn’t be too unreasonable given the state of the club in the pitch and after all what are the chances of two keepers being injured in a week with no game.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Oct 2018 10:13

Sutekh
Victor Meldrew In most other areas of the country the local radio football presenters are close to their clubs and are usually up-to-date on injuries etc. ahead of a game.

It’s the club not offering the information (why would they?) and the media not asking about the fitness of the keepers (why would they either if there’s no reason to think they’re injured). Believe the club tweeted just after kick off the keepers injury situation so no-one knew anything for sure until then. Presuming players dropped for form also wouldn’t be too unreasonable given the state of the club in the pitch and after all what are the chances of two keepers being injured in a week with no game.

The other thing worth considering here is what if Walker has been dropped after his poor game against WBA? A late breaking injury story covers up that fact and gets Walker out of looking like a mug.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 26 Mar 2019 15:01

I do think they could ask about injuries more...I mean it took us and them 3 weeks to find out how bad oliveria s is! And I still don't understand what's happened to bod...sometimes it stillness he's close to a return others it seems he's on the sofa..but I agree with the above post it isn't a political interview it's a conversation best to keep good relationships..

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 11 Apr 2019 08:55

Dellor's commentary on Rino's goal last night is getting some attention from Zoe Ball and her sports reporter on Radio 2 this morning. Basically, Dellor did exactly what I did, which my wife wasn't slow to point out.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Apr 2019 14:30

Sports presenter? That'll be Reading fan (and occasional BBC Berks commentator) Mike Williams

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Apr 2019 17:13

East Grinstead Royal Dellor's commentary on Rino's goal last night is getting some attention from Zoe Ball and her sports reporter on Radio 2 this morning. Basically, Dellor did exactly what I did, which my wife wasn't slow to point out.

It was brilliant. I’m not a Dellor fan but I loved his commentary for that goal.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Oct 2021 14:39

Hi Tim - I'm a big fan of yours, really enjoy listening to you.

But please pronounce Halilovic's name properly.

It's Hal-I-lovic not Hal-A-lovic.

He's not a type of food. :wink:

Otherwise, keep up the great work!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Oct 2021 16:40

Millsy Hi Tim - I'm a big fan of yours, really enjoy listening to you.

And Rafael is Raf-ai-EL, not Raf-ai-AL.

Well, it is in my mind anyway!

Has he made up his mind yet whether Laurent is Lo-ron, Lo-rent or Lo-Ren?

Oh and Ade is pronounced NOB. (Love him really - well, at least when he's not auditioning for Talk Sport.)

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Oct 2021 20:04

Royal Rother
Millsy Hi Tim - I'm a big fan of yours, really enjoy listening to you.

And Rafael is Raf-ai-EL, not Raf-ai-AL.

Well, it is in my mind anyway!

Has he made up his mind yet whether Laurent is Lo-ron, Lo-rent or Lo-Ren?

Oh and Ade is pronounced NOB. (Love him really - well, at least when he's not auditioning for Talk Sport.)

:lol:

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 26 Dec 2023 17:58

Twice in the last week, the BBC has reported on issues concerning RFC. The first article was regarding Dai’s £20k fine. The second was regarding the redundancies. Both articles stated that Reading FC had been deducted ten points this season. Only the second article credited any writers, Katie Waple and Tim Dellor. You would think Dellor would be able to iron out such misinformation. At least he didn’t report we were losing 3-0 at Peterborough!

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.