Tim Dellor

genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Tim Dellor

by genome » 16 Jan 2016 21:13

Considering Austin has gone for £4m then to get the same for Blackman is great business. You can't say he would've got us 3 points today, it's a silly argument as it's impossible to prove. Move on.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Jan 2016 21:16

Blackbag I like Dellor and think Vydra will come good ( I hope Vydra will come good) glad Blackmans fcuked off still got my doubts over McDermot i think as a club we always look backwards

The club needs to look back because it's been trying to be something it's not since Zingarevich brought Adkins in.

As for Vydra he's got 19 games to score the goals to get us in the play offs and then hopefully 3 more games after that. If he doesn't then his career at Reading will be at an end and will have been a complete waste.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 16 Jan 2016 21:17

Dellor is a knob......that is all.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 21:17

£2.5m

Think Blackman might've targeted what Vydra missed....but there's no "argument"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 21:18

peterroyal76 Dellor is a knob......that is all.
care to flesh it out a bit Peter?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Jan 2016 21:19

In regards to selling Blackman - Charlie Austin, a proven Premier League goal scorer, going for £4million today shows what an great piece of business we did.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 21:21

It was £2.5m but a dozen goals before Christmas is always going to attract attention

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jan 2016 21:45

Jagermesiter1871 In regards to selling Blackman - Charlie Austin, a proven Premier League goal scorer, going for £4million today shows what an great piece of business we did.

Especially as Blackman would have definitely walked away for free in just a few months time. Blackman had no intention of signing a new contract at Reading. He was always going to leave. The club did a great job to get rid of him.

I'm concerned at the moment that a quality centre forward (Orlando Sa) who is the closest thing we have to one of the great Reading legends Dave Kitson since Kitson the legend departed appears to be getting the brush off.

I know McDermott, a Coppellite, follows the great Coppell mantra of never changing a winning team. But after that poor showing today in Milton Keynes, a town that shouldn't really have a football team, he has no excuse now not to change the team. I expect to see Orlando start in our next match. With Vydra missing chances and the team losing, Orlando must now be given his chance to prove that he is the centre forward that will fire in the goals.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 21:49

Post match Vydra defensive interview seemed to intimate that B Mac has little choice but to start him.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 16 Jan 2016 21:52

AthleticoSpizz

It was either that or the c word.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jan 2016 21:54

Jagermesiter1871 In regards to selling Blackman - Charlie Austin, a proven Premier League goal scorer, going for £4million today shows what an great piece of business we did.

And what terrible business from QPR's point of view! Seem to remember them rejecting £12-15m bids in the summer.

Not like they care about losing money though.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Jan 2016 21:55

peterroyal76
AthleticoSpizz

It was either that or the c word.

I have it on good authority that Tim Dellor is not a Cat.

Wait, you meant that c word right?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jan 2016 21:56

I don't think McDermott has to start him. I think he sees Vydra as a similar project to that of Shane Long. If he is nurtured and looked after correctly he will eventually be a very good player. His past record proves that he has something about him. He isn't going to come good stuck out in the reserves. He needs to play.

But I agree with you McDermott was very defensive in his post match interview especially about not giving Orlando Sa an appearance. I think though after that defeat, McDermott has to look outside that starting eleven for some answers and perhaps the answer lies in Orlando Sa.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 22:08

Trouble is...Vydra isn't our project to reap from...he'll be gone in a few months....no transfer fee....no revenue.

This player that we have bought into, scored for fun at this level..... Yet we are being short changed, but it can't be doing his cv too much good either

Sadly

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Jan 2016 22:13

Top Flight

Especially as Blackman would have definitely walked away for free in just a few months time. Blackman had no intention of signing a new contract at Reading. He was always going to leave. The club did a great job to get rid of him.

I'm concerned at the moment that a quality centre forward (Orlando Sa) who is the closest thing we have to one of the great Reading legends Dave Kitson since Kitson the legend departed appears to be getting the brush off.

I know McDermott, a Coppellite, follows the great Coppell mantra of never changing a winning team. .

So did it escape his attention that we didn't win at Derby?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 16 Jan 2016 22:17

Top Flight I don't think McDermott has to start him. I think he sees Vydra as a similar project to that of Shane Long. If he is nurtured and looked after correctly he will eventually be a very good player. His past record proves that he has something about him. He isn't going to come good stuck out in the reserves. He needs to play.

You're either taking the piss or just a bit thick.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 16 Jan 2016 22:20

Are you sure he's definitely going back to Watford at the end of the season?

Is there some kind of agreement in place where we have to sign him at the end of the season for £10million? Or maybe we have the option if we wish to take it to sign him for £10 million at the end? What exactly is the story with Vyd.

I agree with you though. If he is gonna be gone in the summer then he is not our project to be persevering with.
For me though, I think he is worthy of his place in the team. He made the winning goal against Bristol City. He did score at Huddersfield and what a finish that was. He is contributing and does a lot for the team. I would play him alongside Orlando. Perhaps Piazon can fit in the team as well. It is not easy working with our current squad though. Even with Blackman gone, making it all work together is still difficult. With the likes of Piazon, Vydra, Sa, John, McCleary, Quinn, Kanu, Norwood, Williams, how in the heck do you find the right formula? That is the million dollar question.

Clarke seemed to find it for a while and then it all got messed up again.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jan 2016 22:23

M Brook
sandman What has this lad done to inspire such devotion from our fans? Something about Czech footballers who try little flicks that don't come off that sends you lot weak at the knees.

He is missing chance after chance, week after week, despite so many saying "put him through and provide him with chances and he'll come good". You bring him in with his record at this level at Watford to do one thing and that is to score the goals that will get us promoted. He is not doing it and 12 points off the play offs it's becoming increasingly likely that he will not do it.

Dellor may be strong with the criticism but he, like all of us as Reading fans, genuinely want Vydra to make the difference where he was brought in to make the difference.

Vydra is, usually, a class act. The problem with the Vydra wearing the blue and white hooped shirt is simply that he doesn't want to be here. He wants to, and believes he should, be playing in the Prem with Watford. Like Murray last season, he has no feeling or affinity for our club. He is just another example of why the loan system doesn't work.

Don't buy that. No lack of effort on his part, his finishing's just been shit.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 22:25

That story sounds a lot like the Pog one

Of course we wish the guy well, but the money that we are paying should be buying us goals. The loan might've been a "sale or return" trial.

Unlikely to see him back here next season.......again......sadly

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 22:28

Don't know

But Vydras' cv needed no scouting......on paper, a great acquisition