Tim Dellor

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Tim Dellor

by Lower West » 17 Jan 2016 11:20

Super Kevin Bremner! Reading were woeful today.

That's all has to be said. Not about any one player today. The whole team played badly.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2016 11:25

Extended-Phenotype I don't think he was that bad

Yeah, a bee in his bonnet over Vydra but tbf it is one of the top contentious issues about the club right now (you only have to look at this forum to see that) and whichever way he goes he will be at odds with some of the fans.

I do agree though, it is irksome to hear a commentator so animated about an issue during the game only to be soft in the interview afterwards.

But that's not specific to Dellor. That's stations/papers/orgs not wanting to blow their interview rights by upsetting the manager.

So they don't think the manager and club get to hear about all of the criticism dished out during the commentary.

And Reading FC need the media on their side far too much to start banning them for giving the manager a hard time after a poor performance.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Jan 2016 11:42

Dunno.

Difference is that you are not being put on the spot and made to answer questions you might not want to or have the authority to answer.

Why isn't Sa being picked?
Why is Vydra still being picked?

Are there private reasons behind the answers to both of those? Obviously something more to it or it would have been addressed.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 17 Jan 2016 11:43

RoyalBlue
Extended-Phenotype I don't think he was that bad

Yeah, a bee in his bonnet over Vydra but tbf it is one of the top contentious issues about the club right now (you only have to look at this forum to see that) and whichever way he goes he will be at odds with some of the fans.

I do agree though, it is irksome to hear a commentator so animated about an issue during the game only to be soft in the interview afterwards.

But that's not specific to Dellor. That's stations/papers/orgs not wanting to blow their interview rights by upsetting the manager.

So they don't think the manager and club get to hear about all of the criticism dished out during the commentary.

And Reading FC need the media on their side far too much to start banning them for giving the manager a hard time after a poor performance.

I did hear Dellor telling an anecdote before the game about how Nigel Adkins called him into his office once as he was unhappy with Dellor's criticisms of the substitutions he'd made in a game away to Nottingham Forest (Ilresume the 4-0 defeat last season.)

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 17 Jan 2016 12:20

Out of interest does anybody know what the other loan fees are?
Piazon for instance?
Everybody having a pop at the £2.5m for Vydra which i assume is an all in figure, loan fee, wages, bonus if any etc but what of the others?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Jan 2016 12:21

Sutekh
Top Flight Partner him with Orlando Sa and the goals will come.

How Brian can keep leaving Orlando out is beyond my understanding!

We will not see anything good out of Vydra until the idiot management at the club start pairing him with someone who leads the line.

The only option we have there is Sa and for some reason Brian refuses to play him and is looking to bring in Yann Cormorant (or some other sea bird) as a replacement.

Tim Dellor is quite right IMO, Vydra runs about a lot and gets stuck in, he shows talent but his main knack of scoring goals has utterly deserted him as he struggles to find a role in the side. Yesterday he missed yet another golden opportunity which is really not acceptable.

And partnering him with the lightweight Piazon and then the utter bellendery of HRK is really not a solution.

Still Brian can only work with what he has and what he has is a total mess thanks to Steve Clarke's unbalanced squad being compounded by his loss of faith in them.

Vydra and Orlando both played that evening when we smashed Play-off side Ipswich 5-1 at the Mad House earlier in the season. And I remember everyone being pretty impressed with Vydra's debut, the work he did for the team that night and his link play with Orlando and Blackman and his contribution towards Orlando's hat-trick that night.

Get the two together up front and we may start getting the goals. Vydra needs a powerful striker to play off. He had Troy Deeney at Watford. He needs Orlando up there with him if we are going to get the best out of the man.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Jan 2016 12:54

Top Flight Tim Dellor is annoying me again!

He just won't shut up about Vydra. He is going on and on and on and on about Vydra.

Give the lad a break. He will come good.

To be honest I think Tim was spot on and I don't know why there's so much hate towards the poor guy.

Vydra is a HUGE £2.5million signing and only a one season loan at that. Great record, should really be doing better. Totally reasonable to say it as he sees it when he's fluffing chance after chance. Tim has always said he thinks and hopes he will come good but for now I think it's good for us listeners to know what he thinks as a fellow Reading fan.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Jan 2016 13:01

Top Flight
Sutekh

We will not see anything good out of Vydra until the idiot management at the club start pairing him with someone who leads the line.

The only option we have there is Sa and for some reason Brian refuses to play him and is looking to bring in Yann Cormorant (or some other sea bird) as a replacement.

Tim Dellor is quite right IMO, Vydra runs about a lot and gets stuck in, he shows talent but his main knack of scoring goals has utterly deserted him as he struggles to find a role in the side. Yesterday he missed yet another golden opportunity which is really not acceptable.

And partnering him with the lightweight Piazon and then the utter bellendery of HRK is really not a solution.

Still Brian can only work with what he has and what he has is a total mess thanks to Steve Clarke's unbalanced squad being compounded by his loss of faith in them.

Vydra and Orlando both played that evening when we smashed Play-off side Ipswich 5-1 at the Mad House earlier in the season. And I remember everyone being pretty impressed with Vydra's debut, the work he did for the team that night and his link play with Orlando and Blackman and his contribution towards Orlando's hat-trick that night.

Get the two together up front and we may start getting the goals. Vydra needs a powerful striker to play off. He had Troy Deeney at Watford. He needs Orlando up there with him if we are going to get the best out of the man.

He's played 587 minutes with Orlando Sa this season and score once.
Stop blaming everyone else.
Blame the player, who has been shit in front of goal regardless of strike partner, position, tactic, manager.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Jan 2016 13:08

P!ssed Off
Sutekh

He's played 587 minutes with Orlando Sa this season and score once.
Stop blaming everyone else.
Blame the player, who has been shit in front of goal regardless of strike partner, position, tactic, manager.[/quote]

It's my fault. I have to take responsibility for Vydra's poor form myself as a supporter.
He hasn't yet been motivationally booed. That must be the reason for his lack of composure in front of goal.
Time to motivationally boo him!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Jan 2016 13:48

At the end of all this we (including Tim) are all agreed that we want Vydra to score goals.

I agree with the above comment he needs a proper centre striker to play off which is something that has largely been missing this season.

Even wehen Sa has been in the same team he seems to have been hunting for the ball out wide, any form of understanding being developed between the two of them has also been impossible due to injuries and Sa only ever getting bits of games from the bench. Therefore no consistency in team selection.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 17 Jan 2016 15:50

2 world wars, 1 world cup

He just won't shut up about Vydra. He is going on and on and on and on about Vydra.

To be honest I think Tim was spot on and I don't know why there's so much hate towards the poor guy.

Vydra is a HUGE £2.5million signing and only a one season loan at that. Great record, should really be doing better. Totally reasonable to say it as he sees it when he's fluffing chance after chance. Tim has always said he thinks and hopes he will come good but for now I think it's good for us listeners to know what he thinks as a fellow Reading fan.

I don't hate Tim Dellor. He is just getting on my nerves. I am finding him incredibly irritating.
I want to have nicer feelings when I'm listening to BBC radio Berks. I want to enjoy the experience of listening to the radio. He is not providing useful insight or powerful commentary. He is just a negative moaner.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Jan 2016 16:38

peterroyal76 Good post SKB, although you shouldn't have bitten to the troll who only hates popular players.

Again, his work rate is commendable but we brought him in to score the goals to get us to the Premier League. It's not really about whether he's "popular" it's about the fact that he is not performing in front of goal and we're rapidly running out of time to reach our target for the season.
Last edited by sandman on 17 Jan 2016 18:24, edited 2 times in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Jan 2016 18:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup

And that is another thing about him that is beginning to grate. Plays the 'I'm a Reading Fan' card but then when things get scary for him (e.g. interviewing managers) he pleads BBC neutrality.

And fine, he can say what he thinks as a Reading fan but don't just mindlessly pick on one player and ignore the failings of all of the rest. If he did ever pay to watch a game I suspect he would be one of those booing the scapegoat of the day.

Oh and another reason to dislike him is that he is a posh twat! :wink: Not that his private education helped him much - 'University' of Gloucestershire. Maybe he really is 'Tim Nice But Dim'.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Jan 2016 22:55

What with Williams, Dellor and then the fans' tediously negative texts read out by the equally irritating Rita I am finding BBCRB football coverage pretty much unlistenable these days.

Mick Gooding is the only voice of any interest and sanity at the moment.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Jan 2016 12:47

Royal Rother What with Williams, Dellor and then the fans' tediously negative texts read out by the equally irritating Rita I am finding BBCRB football coverage pretty much unlistenable these days.

I'm not surprised there's so much negativity after 3 years of utterly dreadful football, awful managers and no money.

Going to take another 6 months of the above now before a corner can be turned thanks to Steve Clarke's "loss of faith".

Welcome to modern football. Crap isn't it?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 07 Apr 2016 16:13

Royal Rother What with Williams, Dellor and then the fans' tediously negative texts read out by the equally irritating Rita I am finding BBCRB football coverage pretty much unlistenable these days.

have to agree

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jun 2016 17:46

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jun 2016 17:52

"our" Tim should've punched the f11ck out of the spoilt bratt.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2016 11:51

Dellor had a mare on twitter last night. Posting a link to the article from 2013 when we nearly signed Mohamed Sissoko, and saying that (Moussa) Sissoko must be gutted that he didn't end up joining Reading.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Jul 2016 14:56

For some reason it keep cracking up at how pixellated his Twitter pic is.