Please can we have comments from those who actually attended the game

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
download

Please can we have comments from those who actually attended the game

by download » 22 Sep 2019 21:31

I got the impression that Adie WIlliams was not at the game on Saturday but at Wentworth. I don't have a problem with that, but its the same whenever you have a caller who phones in/texts and hasn't attended the game making comments. They are really having to pass an opinion based on the commentary, so they are effectively going to echo what they have heard rather than provide a bit of insight.

Can I suggest if Adie can't make it, why not have someone else cover for him who can attend the game. It would also make a change from hearing Adie repeat the same things each week. We know he has been a player in the past, but boy does he keep repeating that.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Please can we have comments from those who actually attended the game

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Sep 2019 11:49

Ady*

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 23 Sep 2019 12:42

It was spelled as Adie in the programmes when he was playing, so either is acceptable.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Sep 2019 14:49

The man himself spells it Ady. I think he knows his own name.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Sep 2019 15:53

Regardless of how you spell Aidy's name, If you're relying on callers calling in to BBC Berks then you're really only relying on listeners and whilst some fans listen to BBC Berks at home games during the match or before/halftime/after, You won't get many listeners at away games as they won't be able to pick up BBC Berks.

Perhaps a better idea would be for BBC Berks to actively interview fans leaving the ground and maybe build up a small network of regular attendees to call in? - If they're Reading fans over a certain age you can probably bribe them with something signed by former Reading captain Ady/Adie/Adi/Aidy/Aydee etc and Reading legend Mick.

I once once ambushed by Tim Dellor outside the Madstad whilst watching the Reading coach return after we achieved promotion to the Championship.... it didn't go well as he was beside me and I didn't even realise it was an interview, I thought it was just another fan asking me questions for some strange reason, I only turned around when he turned the dictaphone off after getting absolutely nothing worth broadcasting from me :oops: :lol: (sorry Tim)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Sep 2019 17:02

Forbury Lion Regardless of how you spell Aidy's name, If you're relying on callers calling in to BBC Berks then you're really only relying on listeners and whilst some fans listen to BBC Berks at home games during the match or before/halftime/after, You won't get many listeners at away games as they won't be able to pick up BBC Berks.

Not true. Given most people always have a smart phone with them they only have to tune into the BBC Sounds app and they can listen to any pre or post match talk on any BBC local radio station just as it is broadcast.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Sep 2019 17:07

Sutekh
Forbury Lion Regardless of how you spell Aidy's name, If you're relying on callers calling in to BBC Berks then you're really only relying on listeners and whilst some fans listen to BBC Berks at home games during the match or before/halftime/after, You won't get many listeners at away games as they won't be able to pick up BBC Berks.

Not true. Given most people always have a smart phone with them they only have to tune into the BBC Sounds app and they can listen to any pre or post match talk on any BBC local radio station just as it is broadcast.
Do people actually do that though?
Plus if you use your phone to phone in, presumably the app is no longer playing BBC Berks.

Maybe BBC Berks should play BBC Berks as the on hold "music" for callers?

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1