BBC vs 107

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

BBC vs 107

by SWLR » 24 Aug 2006 23:47

Only realised during the game that I can get BBC Berks coverage on-line too these days.
Listened for a while, but returned to 107.
Sorry, but Gilkes/ Hunter were just more articulate and perceptive about what was going on tha Little and Co. i.e. Just coz we made some noise about reinstating your coverage I hope your not getting lazy... buck you ideas up 'because it's not worth the license fee'

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 25 Aug 2006 02:46

Get you!

BBCRB's coverage is far better than 107's. For a start, the lads that present it have personalities!

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 25 Aug 2006 03:02

Got to agree, 107 was better. One thing that actually pissed me off is the advert from BBC berks on the tv, saying that its the only place to hear the royals in the prem. Bullocks! They've only got it because the club felt sorry for them

Ollie

Re: BBC vs 107

by Ollie » 25 Aug 2006 07:44

Just a reminder, you definitely CAN'T get our coverage online. I'm afraid if you've been able to it was owing to a problem we had on Wednesday which I've fixed!

Sorry - obviously we'd love to offer it - but our contract doesn't allow it.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Aug 2006 08:30

Can't you arrange to have the same "problem" every match day..... ? :wink:

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 25 Aug 2006 08:32

Dirk Gently Can't you arrange to have the same "problem" every match day..... ? :wink:

LOL just what I was about to say - enjoyed listening to it Wednesday.

Oh well i'm not paying for Reading World so anyone want to log on to msn for me during the game and place your microphone next to a radio playing BBC Berks coverage?? :wink:

Brooklyn Royal

by Brooklyn Royal » 25 Aug 2006 20:16

I agree that 107 has been better this year then BBCRB. I listen to BBCRB for the Aston Villa game, and what I got was presenters being disrespectful. Talking about how crap Sorensen was and O'Neill's thinning hair. How professional is that?

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 25 Aug 2006 22:10

Many of us can't get 107, so comparisons are irrelevant - anyway, I listen to Radio Berks other than when games are on.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 26 Aug 2006 02:14

Slinky
Dirk Gently Can't you arrange to have the same "problem" every match day..... ? :wink:

Oh well i'm not paying for Reading World so anyone want to log on to msn for me during the game and place your microphone next to a radio playing BBC Berks coverage?? :wink:

LOL, I actually will if you want!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 26 Aug 2006 08:32

Brooklyn Royal I agree that 107 has been better this year then BBCRB. I listen to BBCRB for the Aston Villa game, and what I got was presenters being disrespectful. Talking about how crap Sorensen was and O'Neill's thinning hair. How professional is that?

I disagree. I actually want my commentary to sound like it's coming from a couple of fans. It refreshing and provides and antidote to the cliche-ridden banalities we get on BBC1, ITV and, to a lesser extent, Sky.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 26 Aug 2006 09:45

Gav
Slinky

LOL, I actually will if you want!

you've done it before for me before...

i wish radio berks had online coverage, 107 on the net is w@nk and full of ads and shit music in between with no pre match build up.

Brooklyn Royal

by Brooklyn Royal » 26 Aug 2006 10:24

Jerry St Clair
Brooklyn Royal I agree that 107 has been better this year then BBCRB. I listen to BBCRB for the Aston Villa game, and what I got was presenters being disrespectful. Talking about how crap Sorensen was and O'Neill's thinning hair. How professional is that?

I disagree. I actually want my commentary to sound like it's coming from a couple of fans. It refreshing and provides and antidote to the cliche-ridden banalities we get on BBC1, ITV and, to a lesser extent, Sky.

The commentary from 107 is Pro Reading, Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy listening to BBCRB on most days (especially on away games, since I can't get a good 107 signal here), however when Reading were having a bad game last year, all you heard from the BBCRB presenters were lots of negative comments. I'm just happy that this year I have the option to change stations.

Both stations have have good things about them and bad. It nice to have the options to choose.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Aug 2006 21:17

The commentary on 107 sounds like his Tanga Briefs are too tight all of the time.

The sarcasm that BBCB displays reflect my own take-ups

It was "kind've warming" to have the traditional post match texts today, stating that Hunt and Oster weren't he answer for the Premiership

I thought.............(it took three games but)

And They're Off :arrow:
:roll:

true blue 4 ever

by true blue 4 ever » 01 Sep 2006 08:36

107 is far better than BBC Berks. The problem with the BBC is the nonsense talked, mainly by JH. He prattles on about the decor, pies, haircuts or anything else mundane that comes into his head. Ok this can be put down to his own personality in trying to bring " something extra " to the show. Unfortunately however, he chooses to do this whilst the game is in progress !! In short, he talks too much and doesn't actually commentate on the game. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not interested in anything other than what is happening ..minute by minute...on the pitch. As a consequence of this I have switched to 107.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Sep 2006 23:36

true blue 4 ever 107 is far better than BBC Berks. The problem with the BBC is the nonsense talked, mainly by JH. He prattles on about the decor, pies, haircuts or anything else mundane that comes into his head. Ok this can be put down to his own personality in trying to bring " something extra " to the show. Unfortunately however, he chooses to do this whilst the game is in progress !! In short, he talks too much and doesn't actually commentate on the game. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not interested in anything other than what is happening ..minute by minute...on the pitch. As a consequence of this I have switched to 107.
prattle it may be........disjointed by anecdotes and trivia it may be...........but more entertaining and more factually correct it still is :!:

Just who is this Keith Doyle bloke that plays for Reading (107) :? :?:

Kingsley's Kousin

by Kingsley's Kousin » 04 Sep 2006 18:32

true blue 4 ever 107 is far better than BBC Berks. The problem with the BBC is the nonsense talked, mainly by JH. He prattles on about the decor, pies, haircuts or anything else mundane that comes into his head. Ok this can be put down to his own personality in trying to bring " something extra " to the show. Unfortunately however, he chooses to do this whilst the game is in progress !! In short, he talks too much and doesn't actually commentate on the game. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not interested in anything other than what is happening ..minute by minute...on the pitch. As a consequence of this I have switched to 107.

I listen to BBC for the reason you don't. You can tell Joel, Tim etc love the team, and know their stuff. They only go off on one when the game's a piece of crap, and they're entertaining - and they give 100%.

107 dropped us for months before, so they can go sodomise themselves for all I care - they know bugger all, and never will.

GerryJackson

by GerryJackson » 09 Sep 2006 21:48

You definitely can't beat the BBC coverage on most things, and this is one of them. When it seemed like they may not be covering this season I for one dreaded listening to commercial alternative. I also like to judge what is good on the radio by what is good on the ear and BBCRB is good on the ear!!!

Cookie

by Cookie » 11 Sep 2006 00:42

We don't need to compare. We've got both. Enjoy

Im Spartacus

by Im Spartacus » 18 Sep 2006 10:16

As you are only interested in what's going on, on the pitch what was the commentary like for the first goal on Saturday ? I heard that they missed it completely ?

Adrian's Fool

by Adrian's Fool » 18 Sep 2006 14:09

They did miss the first goal completely - at least they did online - not sure about normal radio. If only online, to be fair it might be the Reading World provider's fault rather than 107.

My sister and I were listening online and were looking quizzically at each other at 15.02 when we thought the match should have started, only to discover that it had and that we'd missed the goal. Useless!!!!