Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
notloyalenuffroyal

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by notloyalenuffroyal » 19 Sep 2021 23:10

The vitriolic abuse on this thread is both hilarious and ridiculous. Sums up the use or social media / forums in a nutshell. Calm down people.

If most people were truly honest they could see both positives and negatives from Club1871.

Firstly, I must declare, I would probably be considered a plastic as I live nearly 80 miles away so can only come to the odd game, but managed my first Club1871 game v Bristol. I think this is a relatively good bench mark game as a) we lost, but b) there were a few good ups as we tried to get back in it.

Positives
Generally singing is full on for 75% of the game. (I concede it may be better in other games).
Great to have an official standing section.
Great to have official unreserved section.
Players clearly like it and having something to react to.
It can put off oppo fans.
Positive vibe is nice and makes a change at Reading after all these years.

Negatives

Bristol game songs were seriously limited, repetitive and became dull so many gave up. However - I have heard much more when not sitting in club 1871, so expect it was just a bad day at the office.

The move to the right (other side of the stand) has meant those in Y26 have simply moved into Club 1871 so they can be nearer away fans. Noise in Y26 has therefore died and is just an extension of 1871. This is a shame as 2 loads of noise + north stand drummer and kids was good

Any numpty climbing on a seat barrier, or piling towards the other side of the stand to berate oppo fans demonstrates he (and it is always a he) isn't there for club1871 values. Therefore you can argue it has failed! Why is he there? - Save it for away games when you have the chance to look like a prat and get on the BBC website.

In my opinion the positives FAR outweigh the negatives and I applaud those who got Club1871 going and continue to work with the club. Congratulations.

However, I think the other side of the south was better as it truly spread the sound around the stadium and allowed Y26 to retain it's mentality.

I enjoyed my night out - but I'm getting old so I think I'll return to a quiet spot where I can clap along with the North stand drummer. I'm also far too much of a cynic to be positive for a whole game.

Appreciate every fan on here that is able to go regularly and backs the boys when I can't. As always, proud to be a Reading fan and anything that backs the team is good in my book!!! Congrats Team 1871!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Sep 2021 06:42

Club1871 awful again by all accounts and goading the away fans. No need for thuggery at this club

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Sep 2021 07:24

Simmops Club1871 awful again by all accounts and goading the away fans. No need for thuggery at this club

Goading away fans? disgraceful, we must be the only club in the land where that happens, grow the fcuk up man. :D

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Sep 2021 07:52

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2021 12:44

Get lost dd

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Sep 2021 08:12

Don't upset him, he's deeply fragile.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Sep 2021 10:10

Wasn't able to make the Middlesbrough game so watched on Sky: couldn't hear a peep from our so-called ultras, only to see they had the temerity to plaster allover social media tales of how they were loud and vociferous. Spread of misinformation like this is on a par of the type that has led to the petrol crisis.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Sep 2021 10:32

John Smith Wasn't able to make the Middlesbrough game so watched on Sky: couldn't hear a peep from our so-called ultras, only to see they had the temerity to plaster allover social media tales of how they were loud and vociferous. Spread of misinformation like this is on a par of the type that has led to the petrol crisis.

I think there must be something wrong with the sound on your TV then. Was at the game in Y21 and from there they sounded pretty loud throughout most of the game. Came home and watched a recording of the Sky coverage and again they could be heard loud and clear. Misinformation spread in neither case.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Sep 2021 10:34

The atmosphere is absolutely fine these days. Would like to see less empty seats but that will improve if we keep winning.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Sep 2021 11:49

NathStPaul Don't upset him, he's deeply fragile.

Says you, who wanted to top yourself because of LD3 :lol:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Sep 2021 11:50

Snowflake Royal Get lost dd

So I am not allowed to state facts about Club1871? Based off of first hand reports of people who were there?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Sep 2021 12:05

Just ignore him everyone, please.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 27 Sep 2021 12:09

John Smith Wasn't able to make the Middlesbrough game so watched on Sky: couldn't hear a peep from our so-called ultras, only to see they had the temerity to plaster allover social media tales of how they were loud and vociferous. Spread of misinformation like this is on a par of the type that has led to the petrol crisis.

I should get your telly looked at, it would appear you have a problem with your volume control.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 27 Sep 2021 12:20

windermereROYAL

I should get your telly looked at, it would appear you have a problem with your volume control.

You come round and have a look at it then

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2021 12:25

John Smith
windermereROYAL

You come round and have a look at it then

No one is coming under your bridge mate.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 27 Sep 2021 12:29

Thought C1871 did another sound job at the weekend - making more than enough noise making up for the rest of the ground.

One gripe I had, wasn't really a fan of the Warnock 's*x offender' chanting - don't get me wrong, I love the whole pantomime villain aspect of every time he comes to the Mad Stad and he lives up to it, the battles we used to have back in the Sheff Utd days were top drawer - think he is a great character of the game and will be missed when retired - but just didn't sit right with me that sort of chanting.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Sep 2021 12:35

hughsies no.1 Thought C1871 did another sound job at the weekend - making more than enough noise making up for the rest of the ground.

One gripe I had, wasn't really a fan of the Warnock 's*x offender' chanting - don't get me wrong, I love the whole pantomime villain aspect of every time he comes to the Mad Stad and he lives up to it, the battles we used to have back in the Sheff Utd days were top drawer - think he is a great character of the game and will be missed when retired - but just didn't sit right with me that sort of chanting.

Heard people* chanting this on the bus to the ground and yes, I must say it was quite cringe and probably not needed.

*when I say people I actually mean teenagers who were obviously on a big day out and seemed like they had tasted alcohol for the first time.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 27 Sep 2021 13:51

Hendo
hughsies no.1 Thought C1871 did another sound job at the weekend - making more than enough noise making up for the rest of the ground.

Heard people* chanting this on the bus to the ground and yes, I must say it was quite cringe and probably not needed.

*when I say people I actually mean teenagers who were obviously on a big day out and seemed like they had tasted alcohol for the first time.

Think it all stemmed from Newcastle fans singing it about Ronaldo at OT a few weeks back, then a section of our fans were singing it about Mitrovic at Fulham last week - so this weekend was the Neil Warnock remix.

Think you're spot on about the teenagers - would hope we are better than singing those sort of songs and would rather we just concentrate on backing our own team

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Sep 2021 13:57

hughsies no.1
Hendo

Think it all stemmed from Newcastle fans singing it about Ronaldo at OT a few weeks back, then a section of our fans were singing it about Mitrovic at Fulham last week - so this weekend was the Neil Warnock remix.

Think you're spot on about the teenagers - would hope we are better than singing those sort of songs and would rather we just concentrate on backing our own team

Yeah, I don't think it is needed at all. I don't mind giving an aggressive "oxf*rd off" to Warnock, but I think that chant is taking it a little far and just isn't needed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2021 15:15

Yeah that's just out of order

2100 posts