Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by windermereROYAL » 19 Oct 2021 13:12

SCIAG I did think the scenes after the goal when a sizeable group surged towards the away fans and three or four tried to jump on the netting were quite embarrassing. I think the “positivity” aspect of the original initiative has slowly drained away. But clearly lots of people find it to be good fun and the negatives aren’t so bad that they represent a reputational risk or anything like that.

Of course, our ground is the only one in the country where that happens. your only given ammunition to the two trolls on this subject.

And the `original initiative` as you call it only had about a 100 to start with, now it has nearly 2000, long may it continue.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Oct 2021 16:51

windermereROYAL
SCIAG I did think the scenes after the goal when a sizeable group surged towards the away fans and three or four tried to jump on the netting were quite embarrassing. I think the “positivity” aspect of the original initiative has slowly drained away. But clearly lots of people find it to be good fun and the negatives aren’t so bad that they represent a reputational risk or anything like that.

Of course, our ground is the only one in the country where that happens. your only given ammunition to the two trolls on this subject.

And the `original initiative` as you call it only had about a 100 to start with, now it has nearly 2000, long may it continue.

Just because I have a difference of opinion does not make me a troll. There was also nowhere near 2000 people in that section on Saturday which suggests you were likely not in attendance and would lead me to question if you were even a supporter at all.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Oct 2021 17:16

John Smith
windermereROYAL

Just because I have a difference of opinion does not make me a troll. There was also nowhere near 2000 people in that section on Saturday which suggests you were likely not in attendance and would lead me to question if you were even a supporter at all.

I was there, that section holds 2000, it was easily 2 thirds full, maybe not nearly 2000, but easily 1500. big improement big improvement on the very small numbers when it first started.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Oct 2021 17:31

windermereROYAL
John Smith
windermereROYAL

I was there, that section holds 2000, it was easily 2 thirds full, maybe not nearly 2000, but easily 1500. big improement big improvement on the very small numbers when it first started.

Of course having another opinion to the hive mind and sheep makes us trolls :roll:
I forgot people had to unilaterally agree on everything

The behaviour of those who charged was dangerous and a disgrace. Hopefully club 1871 will be put to an end because of hooliganism like this

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Oct 2021 17:34

It happens every game. Some fans try get to away fans and jump on the netting. I've also heard reports of these people waiting outside for away fans too, to try have a go . It is dangerous behaviour and not one i want to expose my son too.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 19 Oct 2021 17:51

Simmops

It happens every game. Some fans try get to away fans and jump on the netting. I've also heard reports of these people waiting outside for away fans too, to try have a go . It is dangerous behaviour and not one i want to expose my son too.

The one person who was on the netting goading away fans was ejected and I suspect won’t be at the next few games.
If you don’t want to expose your son to it then don’t go in Club1871. There’s plenty of other seats.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Oct 2021 22:47

windermereROYAL

If you think someone’s a troll then whack them on ignore. I have four regular users on there and it makes HNA much more pleasant.

I don’t really care if it happens everywhere. Lots of shit things happen at most large grounds, it’s still shit when they happen. It’s not a compelling reason to wind up the initiative of course but I do think some measured criticism of C1871 is possible.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Oct 2021 22:03

How were club 1871 tonight ? Didn't hear or see much at all

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 20 Oct 2021 23:29

yawn

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 20 Oct 2021 23:33

Jagermesiter1871 yawn

Exactly my thoughts of them tonight. Time to end this farce.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Oct 2021 23:34

Yawn

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Oct 2021 09:39

Simmops How were club 1871 tonight ? Didn't hear or see much at all

I think I read somewhere on social media that they were supposed to have a drum? I didn't hear it being played. The usual rush and goading of away fans when the goals went in and not a lot else.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Oct 2021 09:42

John Smith
Simmops How were club 1871 tonight ? Didn't hear or see much at all

I think I read somewhere on social media that they were supposed to have a drum? I didn't hear it being played. The usual rush and goading of away fans when the goals went in and not a lot else.

It is a disgrace that club1871 have seemingly become a hotbed for potential violence. Fans rushing and goading at away fans, calling them VVankers and potential violence is not what the club should be associating with

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Oct 2021 09:58

I actually thought they were poor tonight. Quiet from the 30th onwards. No sound to lift the team when they were fatigued.

I was there though, unlike our resident window licker.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Oct 2021 09:59

LWJ I actually thought they were poor tonight. Quiet from the 30th onwards. No sound to lift the team when they were fatigued.

Thank you. An honest opinion at last.

I thought the Blackpool fans were first class: all singing throughout, supporting their team.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 21 Oct 2021 10:00

John Smith
LWJ I actually thought they were poor tonight. Quiet from the 30th onwards. No sound to lift the team when they were fatigued.

Thank you. An honest opinion at last.

I thought the Blackpool fans were first class: all singing throughout, supporting their team.

I don't deny the good they do though and think we are better off having them than not.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 21 Oct 2021 14:10

Have to say Club 1871 sounded very loud on the radio. Particularly after the goals in the second half the ground was very loud.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 22 Oct 2021 16:52

Simmops
Jagermesiter1871 yawn

Actually the noise from C1871 came across very well on Sky, much better than when we were in Y25. The noise just doesn't carry very well from there. For a small crowd they were decent. I'd love to hear the difference with a big crowd.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Oct 2021 10:17

PATRIQT
Simmops
Jagermesiter1871 yawn

Actually the noise from C1871 came across very well on Sky, much better than when we were in Y25. The noise just doesn't carry very well from there. For a small crowd they were decent. I'd love to hear the difference with a big crowd.

That is pure misinformation. The noise on the TV is based purely on the positioning of microphones and mixing by producers. Of course Sky will want their 'product' to come across better so they turn up the crowd noise - lockdown matches taught us that.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Oct 2021 10:22

John Smith
PATRIQT
Simmops Exactly my thoughts of them tonight. Time to end this farce.

That is pure misinformation. The noise on the TV is based purely on the positioning of microphones and mixing by producers. Of course Sky will want their 'product' to come across better so they turn up the crowd noise - lockdown matches taught us that.

I've heard under good authority that club1871 have installed microphones and amplifiers to enhance the sound to make it appear to the other fans, owners and TV that it is a rip roaring success and makes alot of noise.

It isn't hard to adjust the sound feed of a camera or even have a member of club1871 work for the sky sound department

2100 posts