Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
JedMaxwell

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by JedMaxwell » 12 Apr 2022 09:08

I reckon you're right, Hendo. They would have probably announced if we were changing supplier.

My only request is that the EFL change the design of the numbers so they are not broken up into three parts. I know they have to have an overly-designed typeface and all that, but if we have all-round hoops again it'll be really hard to pick out the numbers.

Presumably the numbers will be in red again, as gold was only for the 150th anniversary, so that should help a bit.

I hope they dip into the archives for inspiration again - I'd love a special remake of the yellow and blue hoops from 1993/94 - perhaps as a charity or cup kit or something, or even a third kit.

Smudge

by Smudge » 22 Apr 2022 07:36

Dirk Gently
Uke They don't work like that. They absolutely insist on minimum production runs. A smaller run might be "possible" - the manufacturers just won't do it as they don't think it's cost effective for them. There's limited manufacturing capacity and plenty of other clubs around the world using the same machines etc, so they don't setup a production run unless it meets their specific criteria.

This. A friends son plays for another Championship club that have all of their kit supplied by Macron and they're notoriously slow at supplying kit to all clubs. Who remembers the first season we had them as our supplier and in the pre-season tour we played in Grey and black? Basically, if you don't get your order in on time it just adds to the delay. Placing an order with Macron for stock in Jan would have meant the order wouldn't have been fulfilled until about now. None of the Reading kits this season are 'off the peg' designs so that adds to the delay further....

All I will say is the quality of all the Macron clothing is a million times better than Puma ever was!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Apr 2022 09:51

Smudge
Dirk Gently
Uke They don't work like that. They absolutely insist on minimum production runs. A smaller run might be "possible" - the manufacturers just won't do it as they don't think it's cost effective for them. There's limited manufacturing capacity and plenty of other clubs around the world using the same machines etc, so they don't setup a production run unless it meets their specific criteria.

This. A friends son plays for another Championship club that have all of their kit supplied by Macron and they're notoriously slow at supplying kit to all clubs. Who remembers the first season we had them as our supplier and in the pre-season tour we played in Grey and black? Basically, if you don't get your order in on time it just adds to the delay. Placing an order with Macron for stock in Jan would have meant the order wouldn't have been fulfilled until about now. None of the Reading kits this season are 'off the peg' designs so that adds to the delay further....

All I will say is the quality of all the Macron clothing is a million times better than Puma ever was!

Production politics aside and purely for aesthetic reasons, I would love it - love it if we had Adidas as a manufacturer with the three-stripe piping down a tracksuit.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 27 Apr 2022 19:02

JedMaxwell I reckon you're right, Hendo. They would have probably announced if we were changing supplier.

My only request is that the EFL change the design of the numbers so they are not broken up into three parts. I know they have to have an overly-designed typeface and all that, but if we have all-round hoops again it'll be really hard to pick out the numbers.

Presumably the numbers will be in red again, as gold was only for the 150th anniversary, so that should help a bit.

I hope they dip into the archives for inspiration again - I'd love a special remake of the yellow and blue hoops from 1993/94 - perhaps as a charity or cup kit or something, or even a third kit.

Problem was that yellow and blue hoops not different enough from white and blue hoops so we had the glorious red and yellow hoops too - sadly only used about four times.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Apr 2022 21:07

John Smith
Smudge
Dirk Gently

Production politics aside and purely for aesthetic reasons, I would love it - love it if we had Adidas as a manufacturer with the three-stripe piping down a tracksuit.

Like the clothes, but Always find adidas footy kits a little underwhelming

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 28 Apr 2022 06:34

Fox Talbot
JedMaxwell I reckon you're right, Hendo. They would have probably announced if we were changing supplier.

Problem was that yellow and blue hoops not different enough from white and blue hoops so we had the glorious red and yellow hoops too - sadly only used about four times.

Yeah, I think it would be cool as a special edition for charity or to wear in the cup or something. I remember the yellow and red too, that kit could be a good one to try and recreate. The 'Spain' one from the early 00s holds special memories for me too.

To be fair all the Macron kits have been decent and the training kit is good as well.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Apr 2022 09:04

Hound
John Smith
Smudge

Like the clothes, but Always find adidas footy kits a little underwhelming

It would just be an off-the-shelf template for Adidas, which would feel a bit of a let down after the quite interesting designs from Macron. They've come a long way since their first introduction to football.

Another brand I would be interested in is Castore. The Rangers kit they do is very nice and they're just doing to England Cricket Team kits as well now and they're looking decent.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Apr 2022 09:10

Castore's England cricket stuff is really, really smart. But I would assume it is also relatively expensive, likewise Adidas. We're not going to have a 'name' kit manufacturer, surely?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Apr 2022 09:12

Yeah Castore stuff looks nice. They do Windies kit and Newcastle FC I think

It’s quite premium priced stuff though.

I’d be delighted if we stuck with macron tbh. Really like the quality and designs

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Apr 2022 09:13

Certainly not for next year we won't, it is going to be Macron again. The club confirmed it in a STAR meeting - why they haven't properly announced it yet I don't know.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 28 Apr 2022 09:31

Yeah Macron have been great so far.

Although I like Nike and Adidas kits, we'd only ever get templates which is never that good. Was the same with Puma to be fair.

Castore stuff is nice and I think they're making some inroads into football, so you never know. We might need to get promoted to be considered though.

Kappa is also cool but they don't seem to have much of a presence in the game anymore.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Apr 2022 13:28

Hendo Certainly not for next year we won't, it is going to be Macron again. The club confirmed it in a STAR meeting - why they haven't properly announced it yet I don't know.

Any delay is probably due to having to wait for the French election results to be confirmed first.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 02 May 2022 16:40

Hendo Certainly not for next year we won't, it is going to be Macron again. The club confirmed it in a STAR meeting - why they haven't properly announced it yet I don't know.

I guess it's felt nothing changing doesn't require an announcement.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 03 May 2022 09:39

tmesis

We have form for this, but it's still a new deal if Macron are staying on, so there should be some sort of confirmation given.

Anyway, I'm having a punt on a Chinese communist all red away kit.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 May 2022 09:41

PATRIQT
tmesis

We have form for this, but it's still a new deal if Macron are staying on, so there should be some sort of confirmation given.

Anyway, I'm having a punt on a Chinese communist all red away kit.

We've had some lovely red away kits recently so will be 100% fine with that.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 03 May 2022 09:59

I reckon it'll be a black away kit, or maybe orange.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 May 2022 10:10

Away kit is green.... something different for next season.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 May 2022 10:11

It should remain yellow. It will suit the players personalities.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 03 May 2022 10:37

paultheroyal Away kit is green.... something different for next season.

The green away kits this season look awful, so I hope you're wrong. It's a crap dull colour for a football kit.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 May 2022 20:07

PATRIQT
paultheroyal Away kit is green.... something different for next season.

The green away kits this season look awful, so I hope you're wrong. It's a crap dull colour for a football kit.

I think a British Racing green kit would be decent, but most are a horrible flourescent green

5989 posts