Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Reading4eva » 17 Jul 2018 20:38

The old kit is still 36 quid. Thought the club would have sold them all. Some real plonkers behind the scenes

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 17 Jul 2018 22:23

I wonder how much the kits actually make and whether it wouldn't be in their longer term interest to sell them at cost and have more fans wearing a walking advertisement for the club.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 17 Jul 2018 23:00

Clearly lots of excess stock of last year's left. If they don't want to sell on the cheap to the masses how about offer them to ST holders on the cheap as a "reward"?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 18 Jul 2018 08:05

Reading4eva The old kit is still 36 quid. Thought the club would have sold them all. Some real plonkers behind the scenes

Bournemouth or Reading kit? Will you be buying a special half and half kit for next season?

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 18 Jul 2018 09:10

Reading4eva The old kit is still 36 quid. Thought the club would have sold them all. Some real plonkers behind the scenes

I am convinced we're keeping the same kit this season. You don't launch new signings in the old kit and there are 16 days before the start of the season. And as you've mentioned, the old kit would be on sale to clear up stock space in prep for the new team wear.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Jul 2018 09:28

TheSpread

I am convinced we're keeping the same kit this season. You don't launch new signings in the old kit and there are 16 days before the start of the season. And as you've mentioned, the old kit would be on sale to clear up stock space in prep for the new team wear.

Plus if we did have a new kit, you'd have definitely seen it by now.

russyb

by russyb » 18 Jul 2018 09:36

Pepe the Horseman
TheSpread

Reckon if we do have new kit the first time we will see it is the home friendly against Crystal Palace.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 18 Jul 2018 09:44

Pepe the Horseman
TheSpread

Yes. Footballshirtculture or similar sites would have had it up by now.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Jul 2018 12:09

TheSpread
Pepe the Horseman
TheSpread

Yes. Footballshirtculture or similar sites would have had it up by now.

Footballshirtculture have never had a leak of a reading shirt. They just put it up after it's officially released every year.

It is getting ridiculous that last seasons shirts arent on sale though. I object to paying £50 for a sponsored shirt usually of extremely questionable quality. My price is £15 and usually by now Ive bought my new Reading shirt to flaunt my aliegience whilst on the beach in Lanzarote. This year's its going to be touch and go.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 18 Jul 2018 23:05

russyb
Pepe the Horseman
TheSpread

Reckon if we do have new kit the first time we will see it is the home friendly against Crystal Palace.

This is what’s happening.

There’s two words for why the kits not on sale and there is a massive surplus - Ron Gourlay

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 Jul 2018 23:34

TheSpread

You’re usually first on the ball with ultra reliable kit news, Kes. What’s happened this year?

And there’s definitely a new kit coming out. It’ll be unveiled one day in the last week of July.

TheSpread

by TheSpread » 19 Jul 2018 09:34

Scutterbucketz
TheSpread

You’re usually first on the ball with ultra reliable kit news, Kes. What’s happened this year?

And there’s definitely a new kit coming out. It’ll be unveiled one day in the last week of July.

I've never mentioned any kit news ever, expect asking when the new kit is coming out a few weeks ago?!

Last week of July? Season starts on the 3rd August. :shock:

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 19 Jul 2018 10:56

I thought Paultheroyal said last week the kit is revealed late this week...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jul 2018 13:55

IRjAy I thought Paultheroyal said last week the kit is revealed late this week...

Why are you all getting worried about this. It’s not unusual for Reading to have no new kit unveiled until the season starts. Ridiculous though that is.

Be interesting to know the reason we get these stupidly late release dates. Is it the club or, more likely, is it down to Puma? If so it’s another reason to look at moving to another supplier next year.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jul 2018 14:01

Sutekh
IRjAy I thought Paultheroyal said last week the kit is revealed late this week...

Why are you all getting worried about this. It’s not unusual for Reading to have no new kit unveiled until the season starts. Ridiculous though that is.

Be interesting to know the reason we get these stupidly late release dates. Is it the club or, more likely, is it down to Puma? If so it’s another reason to look at moving to another supplier next year.

Reckon it has something to do with the design? I think our away shirts have been really "out there" for the past two seasons so it may take longer for Puma to produce them perhaps? Could be totally wrong on that but it is a theory.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 19 Jul 2018 14:34

There will be a new kit, a small number of supporters were at the club a week or so ago doing some stuff for the launch. It should be released in the days leading up to the Palace game.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 19 Jul 2018 14:36

handbags_harris There will be a new kit, a small number of supporters were at the club a week or so ago doing some stuff for the launch. It should be released in the days leading up to the Palace game.

Take it this was a South Stand only affair?

IRjAy

by IRjAy » 19 Jul 2018 15:41

Sutekh

Worried? I couldn't care less when the shirt is released. I'm interested, sure; but when it comes out makes no difference to me. I haven't thrown money away on football shirts for a long time. The annual frenzy just makes me laugh. Grown adults, fathers, some grandfathers, all get impatient for the new kit.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Jul 2018 15:54

Old Man Andrews
handbags_harris There will be a new kit, a small number of supporters were at the club a week or so ago doing some stuff for the launch. It should be released in the days leading up to the Palace game.

Haha. This club is turning into a shambles. Soon it'll be members only to enter the Madejski - by appointment only. Fuuuck offfff

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Jul 2018 15:56

John Smith
Old Man Andrews

Haha. This club is turning into a shambles. Soon it'll be members only to enter the Madejski - by appointment only. Fuuuck offfff

they did exactly this last year. Invited a few people down for the kit launch. unsuprisingly nobody really cares once it actually has been released

Its no more than a bit of an oddity that they release the kit so late. Obvs someone thinks its a good idea and boosts sales leaving it late. Can't really see the logic myself though

5989 posts