Next seasons kit choice?

5989 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Sutekh » 05 May 2022 13:55

JedMaxwell I reckon it'll be a black away kit, or maybe orange.

I think an all black away kit with gold coloured trim would look smart.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 May 2022 00:31

paultheroyal Away kit is green.... something different for next season.

Something like this Paul? Any whispers on kit supplier?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 May 2022 08:54

royalp-we

For about the 10th time, it will be Macron, they just haven't announced it yet.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 09 May 2022 08:56

Hendo
royalp-we

I love it when you give people facts and they are either too blind or too stupid to listen. Of course it is Macron and of course the kit will not be green.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 09 May 2022 12:18

Hi kes

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 09 May 2022 13:17

royalp-we

Onan :lol: :lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 May 2022 14:51

All I ask is that we have a solid panel on the back so it's possible to read the shirt numbers.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 May 2022 14:53

SCIAG All I ask is that we have a solid panel on the back so it's possible to read the shirt numbers.

Or have them in red at least. The gold was a really nice touch and looked lovely in pictures and close up but from any distance away it was totally unreadable.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 May 2022 16:35

SCIAG All I ask is that we have a solid panel on the back so it's possible to read the shirt numbers.

Some would even go as far as suggesting the radical idea of having a white square where the numbers go, that meakes them readable, without the whole back of the shirt needing to be a single colour.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 09 May 2022 17:36

NathStPaul
Hendo
royalp-we

I love it when you give people facts and they are either too blind or too stupid to listen. Of course it is Macron and of course the kit will not be green.

…or just better things to do than scroll back through the thread. Imagine being so annoyed on such a petty subject :lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 May 2022 18:53

Hendo

Or have them in red at least. The gold was a really nice touch and looked lovely in pictures and close up but from any distance away it was totally unreadable.

Found the red used by the youth sides just as difficult to read tbh.

tmesis

Some would even go as far as suggesting the radical idea of having a white square where the numbers go, that meakes them readable, without the whole back of the shirt needing to be a single colour.

Good point, that's better than looking like Leeds (although a blue panel is fine).

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 May 2022 15:03

Every year people moan about not having hoops all the way round and then the season they do, people are still unhappy. Just no pleasing some is there

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 11 May 2022 16:45

John Smith

Every year people moan about not having hoops all the way round and then the season they do, people are still unhappy. Just no pleasing some is there

It divides fans, but I hate a back panel. It ruins a hooped and striped shirt.

All we need is numbering that has a centimetre surround and the numbering stands out fine.

I also don't know why fans that watch the team week in, week out, need to see numbers and letters :|

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 11 May 2022 16:47

PATRIQT
John Smith

All we need is numbering that has a centimetre surround and the numbering stands out fine.

I also don't know why fans that watch the team week in, week out, need to see numbers and letters :|

Not for every player, but it does help with the academy boys coming through that many people will not have seen before.

What I don't think helps is the font of the EFL letters and numbers, it is pretty oxf*rd terrible.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 11 May 2022 19:32

Hendo
PATRIQT
John Smith Every year people moan about not having hoops all the way round and then the season they do, people are still unhappy. Just no pleasing some is there

Not for every player, but it does help with the academy boys coming through that many people will not have seen before.

What I don't think helps is the font of the EFL letters and numbers, it is pretty oxf*rd terrible.

Yep, the EFL typeface is overdesigned crap. They obviously need to have something different for marketing purposes, I get that, but something close to the Prem numbers would be best.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 May 2022 21:32

Hendo
PATRIQT
John Smith Every year people moan about not having hoops all the way round and then the season they do, people are still unhappy. Just no pleasing some is there

The worst thing is the U23 matches where they don't even have names.

"What's the #2 doing there... oh never mind, that's the #9".

I know the League Cup match was confusing but at least you could tell who Ehibhatiomhan was because of all the letters.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 11 May 2022 22:18

John Smith

As said though, having hoops all the way round, and having the entire back of the shirt all one colour, are not the only two options.

It's weird. I think shirt numbers started in about 1930, and until about 20 years ago they managed to have legible numbers without needing the entire back of the shirt to be one colour, so I can't see why it's such a problem now.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 May 2022 13:52

tmesis
John Smith

As said though, having hoops all the way round, and having the entire back of the shirt all one colour, are not the only two options.

It's weird. I think shirt numbers started in about 1930, and until about 20 years ago they managed to have legible numbers without needing the entire back of the shirt to be one colour, so I can't see why it's such a problem now.

As with most things in life shirts and shirt numbering has been ruined with loads of over the top branding, flashes, irrelevant “noodling” and the need for some clubs to get a sponsor for every inch. Therefore it’s no surprise that some designs really don’t remain particularly legible. Even 20 years ago things were simpler and generally shirts looked much nicer and I think many may even prefer the days of the 70s and earlier where shirt design really was simple plus you didn’t have the embarrassment of paying to be be someone else’s advert.

In Reading’s case putting a gold coloured text on shirts was always going to be ridiculous over a background that’s both white and a darkish blue as gold isn’t strong enough to stand out at distance. If the club continue with hoops “all the way round” then it should really be using black or a strong red colour but then all that probably matters “laws-of-the-game-wise” is that a referee can read the numbers from 6 foot away (is there any law on shirt number legibility, I would have thought numbering would need to be clearly visible across a pitch so if I’m in the East Stand I should be able to read the number of a player standing with his back to me directly opposite on the touch line in front of the West Stand).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 May 2022 20:34

SCIAG
Hendo

tmesis

Good point, that's better than looking like Leeds (although a blue panel is fine).

I'd rather they enforced a strict easily differentiable haircut policy than did anything with the numbers.... they're unreadable most the time no matter what.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 May 2022 23:23

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG
Hendo

tmesis Some would even go as far as suggesting the radical idea of having a white square where the numbers go, that meakes them readable, without the whole back of the shirt needing to be a single colour.

I'd rather they enforced a strict easily differentiable haircut policy than did anything with the numbers.... they're unreadable most the time no matter what.

OK, agreed. I'd go further and say hair colours.

Exceptions if you are clearly distinct in some other way. Jake Cooper, Seol Ki Hyeon, Liam Kelly, every goalkeeper ever. Kitson and Sidwell are fine because of the height difference.

If there is someone else on the team who has the same skin tone, hair length (long/short/bald), hair colour, and height to within 5cm, then you have to dye yours to an unambiguous colour. Exception if you are a defender and they are a striker, but midfielders can't clash with anyone.

5989 posts