Royalty points-what is the point?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Royalty points-what is the point?

by loyalroyal4life » 09 May 2011 09:35

Gutted i don't think i will be able to get away tickets due to having to wait until I am classed as having enough points, i would have thought I would have been top banding but fall just short of band 1!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 May 2011 09:36

I think there's a certain nervousness in the club that they will sell all of the South Stand, which is why they've opened this up to anyone from the start - I think the assumption was that low points holders would go for this immediately, but I think more than anticipated may have waited and gone for specific seats in the other 3 stands.

So maybe an extra 24-hours of priority for higher-points holders might have been in order - and that would also have made things fairer to those people who don't have internet access - levelling the playing field a bit.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 May 2011 09:37

It looks like they've changed the online ticketing so you can't choose individual seats. I hope it's just for this game.
Last edited by PieEater on 09 May 2011 09:49, edited 1 time in total.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 May 2011 09:38

PieEater It looks like they've changed the online ticketing so you can choose individual seats. I hope it's just for this game.

Could you not before? :?:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 May 2011 09:50

My internet dropped between editing can for can't :roll:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 May 2011 09:51

Also noticed that had happened, could slow the sales down a bit, possibly just a glitch, glad got mine last night.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2011 09:55

....perhaps, just perhaps, they should've staggered demand a little bit by using the points system then?

If they've intentionally disabled the choose your seat option then I'd say that's pretty bad form. If it's a technical problem then that's poor but not totally the fault of those in charge as these things do happen (although they shouldn't of course).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 May 2011 10:44

Row Z Royal
tomrfcurz No one considering the timing then? How would they have staggered it fairly if the game is Friday? People moaned about the huge increases (or decreasing as it were) on points bands for Man City away yet similar differences wouldv'e had to be in place for this. STH getting their seat is good, then open up the stadium. I dont understand how that is unfair, especially considering there are roughly 22,000 tickets available for RFC fans and around 10,000 STHs. Stop moaning and go to the game

SENSE

agreed. some people just love a good whinge, and nothing this club does is good enough for the bstards
Last edited by brendywendy on 09 May 2011 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 May 2011 10:48

Hoop Blah
Seal Some people will always find a reason to moan.

I've given them credit for getting the away tickets method pretty much spot on but I do think, as Schards example shows, that they've opened it up just a little to wide too soon.

I don't think they needed to do much, as I agree that I think everyone who wants a ticket will get one, but it would've been better to reward the loyalty of regular and high points holding supporters with a little window to ensure they get the tickets they want.

There is plenty of time to do it and leaving a 2 or 3 of days for full on general sale would've been perfectly acceptable and given all the low points fans ample time to get their tickets.

if everyone who wants one will get one, what in the name of jesus christ son of the almighty are you frickin whingeing about? you massive spaztardicunt!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2011 11:25

Getting A ticket isn't the same as getting THE ticket you want and so being able to share such an important game with the people you actually want to sit near as opposed to a bunch of people you don't know.

It's also a matter or respect for the people who've turned up week in week out.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 May 2011 11:26

lol

gay

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 May 2011 11:28

Hoop Blah Getting A ticket isn't the same as getting THE ticket you want and so being able to share such an important game with the people you actually want to sit near as opposed to a bunch of people you don't know.

It's also a matter or respect for the people who've turned up week in week out.

But the people who've turned up week in week out have got their (ST) seats.

And those top loyal people also have the chance to get their wives/husbands/children/daughters/lovers/whatever sitting with them for this game. It works both ways, and all these people who've been saying for years that the benefits of having a ST are continually being eroded can't have it both ways.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2011 11:35

Svlad Cjelli

Not everyone who goes week in week out (or, probably more to the point 17/20 games a season) will have a season ticket though.

They're regulare supporters who will have significant points but haven't been given any proiority over the likes of Schards' daughter who will be coming to her first game (on that member card at least).

I'm not for the mollycoddling of fans but I just think the club can show a little more respect to those who put the time, effort and money in to go on a regular basis. I've voted with my feet for next season because too many of these little annoyances have turned me off.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 May 2011 11:44

Hoop Blah
Svlad Cjelli

Not everyone who goes week in week out (or, probably more to the point 17/20 games a season) will have a season ticket though.

They're regulare supporters who will have significant points but haven't been given any proiority over the likes of Schards' daughter who will be coming to her first game (on that member card at least).

I'm not for the mollycoddling of fans but I just think the club can show a little more respect to those who put the time, effort and money in to go on a regular basis. I've voted with my feet for next season because too many of these little annoyances have turned me off.

you want a seperate banding just for non season ticket holders who go to between 15 and 25 games a season?

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 May 2011 11:51

TBF, Brendy, that's the crux - any banding (even 100+) would have been slightly fairer. As Schards pointed out - he bought a ticket for his daughter and she had 0 RPs.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2011 11:57

What I've suggeted Brendy is that instead of opening up the home game tickets to all and sundry at once the club should've had a couple of days selling to 'hardcore' fans which can easily be identified by their points tally.

I'd imagine there are a significant number of non-STH holders with more than 1,000 points who are being treated in the same tranche of sales as RFC virgins.

Next season I'll have 1,500+ points but no season ticket. Whilst I accept that not having a ST will damage my chances of tickets I'd have hoped that the club reward it's more loyal fans and flex the powerful information and systems they have to do so.

I won't hold my breath though.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 May 2011 11:57

T.R.O.L.I. TBF, Brendy, that's the crux - any banding (even 100+) would have been slightly fairer. As Schards pointed out - he bought a ticket for his daughter and she had 0 RPs.

So Schards - a ST holder - is a happy bunny.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 May 2011 12:04

Svlad Cjelli
T.R.O.L.I. TBF, Brendy, that's the crux - any banding (even 100+) would have been slightly fairer. As Schards pointed out - he bought a ticket for his daughter and she had 0 RPs.

At the potential cost of group of 3 or 4 who go to every game without season tickets but now have to sit elsewhere though.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 May 2011 12:16

Hoop Blah
Svlad Cjelli

At the potential cost of group of 3 or 4 who go to every game without season tickets but now have to sit elsewhere though.

Perhaps the club has responded to all the regular criticism that ST holders don't get enough advantages compared to people who buy individual tickets for matches?

Perhaps that group of 3 or 4 who go to every game without season tickets will think more seriously about the benefits of buying one?

But at the end of teh day they'll still get a ticket, so it's not as though Schards's daughter (as an example) is stopping them from actually seeing the match.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 09 May 2011 12:43

So called fans moaning once again about something the club does or doesn't do! SHOCK... :shock:

:roll: