New Training Ground

311 posts
Magic Hat

Re: New Training Ground

by Magic Hat » 19 Oct 2017 07:58

In case anyone missed this:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/work-new-reading-fc-training-13774646

Work at new Reading FC training ground gets under way

The club will be moving to the site of the former Bearwood golf course in Wokingham

Work has started on Reading FC's new training ground in Wokingham.

Diggers have been spotted on the site clearing the land at Bearwood Park to make way for development.

There is set to be eight pitches laid on the 120-acre site before work on buildings takes place.

The club currently train at Hogwood Park in Finchampstead.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Nov 2017 13:58

Maneki Neko
blueroyals probably gyppos or squatters...

hi blueroyals. I like your posting style, have you ever thought about posting in some of the boards other forums, such as Anything Else?

You seem like just the kind of funny, intelligent and probably good looking operator who would go down a storm on there

Are dare I say it, slightly prejudice.

Yeh, he'd fit right in.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 16 Jan 2018 15:50

Progress update :
Academy will move in probably November.
Ladies team will move in then also or possibly shortly afterwards
1st team will follow, but not until 2019

https://www.inyourarea.co.uk/news/ron-g ... ng-ground/

Also - this bit:
Gourlay: For 2020 we've already been contacted for the use of it by UEFA so fingers crossed [that can happen]

Why would Uefa be looking at it? Hosting underage tournaments?

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 16 Jan 2018 18:53

muirinho Progress update :

Also - this bit:
Gourlay: For 2020 we've already been contacted for the use of it by UEFA so fingers crossed [that can happen]

Location for one of the training camps for Euro 2020 possibly? Wembley is hosting the semis and finals, with all the group games being held across Europe, so I'd guess they'll need 4 training camp venues relatively close to London.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 17 Jan 2018 01:03

Whore Jackie

Also - this bit:

Location for one of the training camps for Euro 2020 possibly? Wembley is hosting the semis and finals, with all the group games being held across Europe, so I'd guess they'll need 4 training camp venues relatively close to London.

Yes, it’s supposed to be “state of the art” meaning it will be one of the best in the country so there’s no doubt Gourlay is referring to the Euros

One87One

by One87One » 17 Jan 2018 16:45

Is that a hint by Gourlay at the end of that interview that we might be announcing stadium sponsorship in a couple of weeks? They’ve some announcements to make regarding bringing income to the club. Can’t imagine why they’d announce much else unless we’re moving away from Puma and/or that hiddious shirt sponsor.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 17 Jan 2018 19:56

Doubtful, because Gourlay has literally no idea what he's doing.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 18 Jan 2018 08:52

One87One Is that a hint by Gourlay at the end of that interview that we might be announcing stadium sponsorship in a couple of weeks? They’ve some announcements to make regarding bringing income to the club. Can’t imagine why they’d announce much else unless we’re moving away from Puma and/or that hiddious shirt sponsor.

Oh please for a Nike kit

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Jan 2018 09:05

WAZZOCK Doubtful, because Gourlay has literally no idea what he's doing.

Yeah, I mean it isn't like he has been employed by 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe or anything?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 18 Jan 2018 10:13

Hendo
WAZZOCK Doubtful, because Gourlay has literally no idea what he's doing.

Yeah, I mean it isn't like he has been employed by 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe or anything?

Being employed at two football clubs where you have a huge abundance of wealth does not automatically make you successful at a club where resources are limited. From what I’ve heard, he is absolutely clueless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Jan 2018 10:49

what have you heard?

One87One

by One87One » 18 Jan 2018 16:45

TiagoIlori
Whore Jackie

Also - this bit:

Yes, it’s supposed to be “state of the art” meaning it will be one of the best in the country so there’s no doubt Gourlay is referring to the Euros

Not for what we’re paying for it it won’t be!!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Hogwood Countdown

by Sutekh » 14 Oct 2018 12:47

So we're in the last few months before the Academy moves into the new training facilities at Hogwood

First team expected in sometime over the summer of 2019

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ged-roddy/

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Hogwood Countdown

by windermereROYAL » 14 Oct 2018 12:55

Bearwood isn`t it?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2018 08:07

Nothing has bored me more in the last year or so than this training ground move, seems to have taken an absolute age to get through. Just hope it is all worth it in the end.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Oct 2018 08:57

Old Man Andrews Nothing has bored me more in the last year or so than this training ground move, seems to have taken an absolute age to get through. Just hope it is all worth it in the end.

really? Its hardly been mentioned tbh, kept wondering if it was actually happening

Its a massive move for the club and looks like it will be a brilliant centre. Despite all the terrible transfers etc, if Gourlay and the owners can get this one through and is as good as it looks, then its a decent legacy

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Oct 2018 09:00

Hound
Old Man Andrews Nothing has bored me more in the last year or so than this training ground move, seems to have taken an absolute age to get through. Just hope it is all worth it in the end.

really? Its hardly been mentioned tbh, kept wondering if it was actually happening

Its a massive move for the club and looks like it will be a brilliant centre. Despite all the terrible transfers etc, if Gourlay and the owners can get this one through and is as good as it looks, then its a decent legacy

Supporters mentioning more than the club, local press too. Really isn't a be all and end all for me, it is the quality of the coaching and investment in youth that is key. If this development allows more teams at a very young age to come through then great.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Oct 2018 12:06

Old Man Andrews
Hound

Supporters mentioning more than the club, local press too. Really isn't a be all and end all for me, it is the quality of the coaching and investment in youth that is key. If this development allows more teams at a very young age to come through then great.

Well that must be the hope. No real point in building a state of the art facility for Dave Edwards and Paul McShane to plodding about on. Really shows a belief in the academy system

Hopefully they'll allow the public to make use of some of the facilities for kids Birthday parties etc. Would be nice to go and have a look

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 Oct 2018 12:26

Old Man Andrews
Hound

+1, can't see why people are remotely interested that the players will have nicer changing facilities and that the parking situation is an improvement.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Oct 2018 13:31

One thing, which clement can bring the club and I hope he is involved in the decision making on the new training facility, is his undeniable experience as a coach working the best clubs in the world. He should know a good training ground when he sees one and should hopefully be very involved in what goes where and what equipment should be bought etc. Stam would also have been a great man to oversee it with his experience.

Whereas, the likes of McDermot, adkins, parkinson etc etc have not seen a top class training facility in their lives.

311 posts