Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Semi final tickets?

by RG30 » 28 Mar 2015 13:46

Most people won't get paid until this week - is that an issue? Hopefully season ticket holders will get dibs on additional tickets.

coyrls

by coyrls » 28 Mar 2015 14:05

Avon Royal Once again the club make a right mess of something that should be so simple. The decision not to allow season ticket holders a +1 was just plain stupid and it has come back to bite them - and it is likely to bite them again come renewal time.

Am really disappointed that the club chose to pander to a few whining plastics rather than reward those fans that show the biggest commitment to the club year in and year out.

It did seem odd to me, I had pretty much assumed a +1. I think the club miscalculated, just because a +1 was allowed wouldn't have meant that every season ticket holder would buy a +1. Based on the numbers it looks like not every season ticket holder has even bought a single ticket. Based on my own group of 7 season ticket holders, if +1 had been allowed I would have expected us to have bought 10 or 11 if +1 had been allowed, not the 14 maximum possible tickets. The fact that some of the plus 1's would have been card holders with points anyway would further reduce the impact of the +1. I would guess that the sales would have got to at least the 300+ points point even with a +1 policy.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 28 Mar 2015 14:26

Avon Royal Once again the club make a right mess of something that should be so simple. The decision not to allow season ticket holders a +1 was just plain stupid and it has come back to bite them - and it is likely to bite them again come renewal time.

Am really disappointed that the club chose to pander to a few whining plastics rather than reward those fans that show the biggest commitment to the club year in and year out.

Oh for goodness sake! Did you get a ticket? Did you get a choice of where to sit prior to those who do not go so often? Were you therefore guaranteed the best spot?

If the answer to this is yes then stop blooming moaning. What would have +1 achieved you? The chance to buy a ticket for someone who either a) is a member and can now almost certainly get a ticket. Or b) buy a ticket for a mate from work who supports Chelsea, but works in Reading and felt like a few beers with his mates!

Why shouldn't I have as much chance as you? Why shouldn't I have a chance to get a decent seat for my son who lives 65 miles away, but still supports Reading. The fact he is only 9, only been a member for 2 years and therefore gained only a few points as it is a long way to travel (let alone his other commitments working as a 9 yr old every Saturday that I won't bore you with) - that means you have more demand than him????

And Royal Lady sitting there begging for tickets earlier in the week. Let's remember that you had to "suffer" such a long time so you could sit next to a friend / family member. Why do you deserve it more than anyone else? What gives anyone more rights to anything than anyone else?

You have all had your chance and now you are very worried that your poor little club might look a bit silly because they gave everyone a chance. GROW UP.

The club have been FAIR. That is all. "Oh, but I give money to he club every week so I'm much more important than you.".

If you want to flagellate yourself in your own self-importance then carry on, but don't expect those of us who, for very good reasons, cannot commit ourselves to 23 games a year and an outgoing of at least £1000 a year, to worry about what you "deserve".

(looking forward to the stick I am about to get!!)

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Mar 2015 14:36

notloyalenuffroyal (looking forward to the stick I am about to get!!)

You won't get any stick from me mate - you'd only get hold of the wrong end of it.........

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Mar 2015 14:38

I`m expecting an avalanche of criticism from north London if we fail to sell our allocation, in some ways they will be quite correct, 60.000 home crowds compared to 15-18.000 from us, and the FA split the tickets 50/50.
Still alot of time obviously to get bums on seats, but if we can`t sell out for the FA cup semi-final then seriously, what do the Reading public want?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Mar 2015 14:54

Why the F is everyone getting so heated about this?! Most if not all Reading fans who want a ticket will get one correct?!

IF any tickets go to general sale you are talking a couple of thousand at best.

Give me fcuking strength. At least let all the selling periods finish before you slag the club off and moan about unsold tickets - the way they've organised the tickets & stayed in communication throughout has been admirable.

Sometimes people just love to moan. Calm the fcuk down already and give it a rest.

This thread is embarrassing.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Mar 2015 15:01

Norfolk Royal I've got 38 points. I take it the club will put a new category in for people with 30-plus points.

Can get you a ticket Monday if you need?

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 28 Mar 2015 15:03

MmmMonsterMunch Why the F is everyone getting so heated about this?! Most if not all Reading fans who want a ticket will get one correct?!

IF any tickets go to general sale you are talking a couple of thousand at best.

Give me fcuking strength. At least let all the selling periods finish before you slag the club off and moan about unsold tickets - the way they've organised the tickets & stayed in communication throughout has been admirable.

Sometimes people just love to moan. Calm the fcuk down already and give it a rest.

This thread is embarrassing.

Spot on sir. The game is THREE weeks away, plenty of time to sell our allocation.
So everyone, calm down. It appears that if you wanted a ticket, you got one. Over the next week or so, gradually, our tickets will all be sold.
So chill out, and let's all enjoy the day.
If its another 88 years till the next semi final appearance, then its unlikely most current hoibnob users will be there.
Enjoy the semi final, and obviously the final assuming we stuff Arsenal :D

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Mar 2015 15:11

The club have done okay, they indicated right at the beginning the numbers, imagine the furore if they had done +1 and actual fans with points missed out. It the st holders who would have been.unable to buy a seat in the lower sections.

Fwiw the way it is being sold we can return parts of our allocation if we don't sellout.

As has been said, let's see how it pans out.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Mar 2015 15:17

I'd be staggered if this doesn't sell out. I would imagine a lot of fans don't do the internet and work during the week so will be buying in person at the weekend.

I personally am of the opinion that season ticket holders deserved a +1, particular given the shambles the club was in at the time of renewing, and the benefit for season ticket holders over those who chose not renew is negligible, but I can see both sides and its a difficult call.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Mar 2015 15:19

notloyalenuffroyal

Oh for goodness sake! Did you get a ticket? Did you get a choice of where to sit prior to those who do not go so often? Were you therefore guaranteed the best spot?

If the answer to this is yes then stop blooming moaning. What would have +1 achieved you? The chance to buy a ticket for someone who either a) is a member and can now almost certainly get a ticket. Or b) buy a ticket for a mate from work who supports Chelsea, but works in Reading and felt like a few beers with his mates!

Why shouldn't I have as much chance as you? Why shouldn't I have a chance to get a decent seat for my son who lives 65 miles away, but still supports Reading. The fact he is only 9, only been a member for 2 years and therefore gained only a few points as it is a long way to travel (let alone his other commitments working as a 9 yr old every Saturday that I won't bore you with) - that means you have more demand than him????

And Royal Lady sitting there begging for tickets earlier in the week. Let's remember that you had to "suffer" such a long time so you could sit next to a friend / family member. Why do you deserve it more than anyone else? What gives anyone more rights to anything than anyone else?

You have all had your chance and now you are very worried that your poor little club might look a bit silly because they gave everyone a chance. GROW UP.

The club have been FAIR. That is all. "Oh, but I give money to he club every week so I'm much more important than you.".

If you want to flagellate yourself in your own self-importance then carry on, but don't expect those of us who, for very good reasons, cannot commit ourselves to 23 games a year and an outgoing of at least £1000 a year, to worry about what you "deserve".

(looking forward to the stick I am about to get!!)

As you've mentioned me by name, I'll respond. I wasn't begging for tickets, I was ASKING, I also stated that if we couldn't get two, but could get one extra, I would give up my place for one of my stepsons. We have 4 STs. I've had a ST since 1983. Sadly, my stepsons have been unable to visit regularly due to living in Scotland since a young age, but when they visit and it's a home game, one has a member card and the other used my ST . So sorry if I was thinking of them - they've only ever supported Reading. Yes we have tickets for them now, due to two kindly nobbers, but to have a go at me for daring to ask is a bit rich, frankly.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 28 Mar 2015 15:20

windermere_royal I`m expecting an avalanche of criticism from north London if we fail to sell our allocation, in some ways they will be quite correct, 60.000 home crowds compared to 15-18.000 from us, and the FA split the tickets 50/50.
Still alot of time obviously to get bums on seats, but if we can`t sell out for the FA cup semi-final then seriously, what do the Reading public want?

I don't give a flying rats wotsits if there is "criticism" from North London. Who cares?

I care about everyone who supports Reading having a chance to get a ticket.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Mar 2015 15:23

notloyalenuffroyal
windermere_royal I`m expecting an avalanche of criticism from north London if we fail to sell our allocation, in some ways they will be quite correct, 60.000 home crowds compared to 15-18.000 from us, and the FA split the tickets 50/50.

I don't give a flying rats wotsits if there is "criticism" from North London. Who cares?

I care about everyone who supports Reading having a chance to get a ticket.

But you didn't care about my stepsons! Quite an apt name there. :roll:

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 28 Mar 2015 15:28

Royal Lady As you've mentioned me by name, I'll respond. I wasn't begging for tickets, I was ASKING, I also stated that if we couldn't get two, but could get one extra, I would give up my place for one of my stepsons. We have 4 STs. I've had a ST since 1983. Sadly, my stepsons have been unable to visit regularly due to living in Scotland since a young age, but when they visit and it's a home game, one has a member card and the other used my ST . So sorry if I was thinking of them - they've only ever supported Reading. Yes we have tickets for them now, due to two kindly nobbers, but to have a go at me for daring to ask is a bit rich, frankly.

My criticism came because you were in the same boat as the rest of us (my sister being a long term season ticket holder) and found a solution, which is not surprising as you are clearly well-liked and respected (including by me from your opinions on this forum) and then you start commenting that the club should have done right by you as a season ticket holder.

That is frustrating. I have nothing against you, just against your position, when normally I have seen you as a a rational person who has looked out for all Reading fans of all ages and "plasticness".

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Mar 2015 15:35

notloyalenuffroyal
Royal Lady As you've mentioned me by name, I'll respond. I wasn't begging for tickets, I was ASKING, I also stated that if we couldn't get two, but could get one extra, I would give up my place for one of my stepsons. We have 4 STs. I've had a ST since 1983. Sadly, my stepsons have been unable to visit regularly due to living in Scotland since a young age, but when they visit and it's a home game, one has a member card and the other used my ST . So sorry if I was thinking of them - they've only ever supported Reading. Yes we have tickets for them now, due to two kindly nobbers, but to have a go at me for daring to ask is a bit rich, frankly.

My criticism came because you were in the same boat as the rest of us (my sister being a long term season ticket holder) and found a solution, which is not surprising as you are clearly well-liked and respected (including by me from your opinions on this forum) and then you start commenting that the club should have done right by you as a season ticket holder.

That is frustrating. I have nothing against you, just against your position, when normally I have seen you as a a rational person who has looked out for all Reading fans of all ages and "plasticness".

Did I? Or did I say it was disappointing we didn't get a +1? I don't recall ranting on here, or saying woe is me. I knew we'd prob get one ticket and as I said, if I couldn't get another, I'd have given mine up.

Anyway, I only moaned when people made out that they'd got non ST tickets on ST only days. Which I thought was fair comment.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 28 Mar 2015 15:38

This is becoming painful now. 50+ points on Monday mean I can still only get a ticket for myself but not my daughter who comes to a few away games but we pay on the day, so pretty much no points.
Thought they were going to just go to member card holders on Monday so arranged to work from home. Fingers crossed they will still make it to General sale but then I'm sure it will be a real pain in the ass.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 28 Mar 2015 15:38

Royal Lady But you didn't care about my stepsons! Quite an apt name there. :roll:

I have nothing against your stepsons, and they should have aas much chance as anyone else, such as my son.

I know I am "attacking" a hobnob favourite and never going to win support on here, but it is difficult to look at what the club has done as anything other than fair for everyone!

Will it mean some bloke couldn't bring his mate? Will it mean my nephews who generally support QPR and Man Ure, but who's Dad supports Reading and drags them to 1 pre-season game against a premier league team each year, don't get a ticket. Yep. Probably not!

Seems fair to me. And I still might not get one!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Mar 2015 15:58

notloyalenuffroyal
Royal Lady But you didn't care about my stepsons! Quite an apt name there. :roll:

I have nothing against your stepsons, and they should have aas much chance as anyone else, such as my son.

I know I am "attacking" a hobnob favourite and never going to win support on here, but it is difficult to look at what the club has done as anything other than fair for everyone!

Will it mean some bloke couldn't bring his mate? Will it mean my nephews who generally support QPR and Man Ure, but who's Dad supports Reading and drags them to 1 pre-season game against a premier league team each year, don't get a ticket. Yep. Probably not!

Seems fair to me. And I still might not get one!

Yeah I agree - which is why my main comment was that it was disappointing. I did not rant and rave about it! Jeez. I hope you and everyone who deserves one, gets one - much love x

oxford-nick

by oxford-nick » 28 Mar 2015 16:27

Now the club has released further information on the loyalty point requirement on Monday I can by myself and the old man a ticket but would like to get the stepson one too.

Is there any Royal with over 50points willing to lend us their card so we can get a ticket for the little one?

Cheers

Nick,

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Mar 2015 17:49

Dave-Royal Reading Fc Only Sold 16,300 From yesterday that Poor..... Arsenal sold there Out 40,000.... My unlce got one for his girlfriend, she a Gooner fan... now super dave royal is going to wembely with my unlce and his girlfriend in arsenal end :|

Oh shut up Kes! :lol:

2002 posts