Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
jd82
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Semi final tickets?

by jd82 » 30 Mar 2015 15:39

How many Arsenal fans will have registered for a members card in the hope of tickets going on sale to those with no purchase history.. i'd wager more that would have been given tickets by ST holders.... as i said in my 1st post, the club doesn't even know what they are going to do once if they don't sell out with the current criteria. Which would indicate to me, that they made an error in the distribution.

but you know, I'm alright Jack

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 30 Mar 2015 15:40

They'll probably look for an RG postcode first and foremost.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Mar 2015 15:40

jd82
tidus_mi2 Does anyone really care if we don't sell our allocation? I mean yeah I'd be surprised since this is only our 2nd FA Cup Semi-Final in history and the first in 88 years. Still, I don't care if we fail to sell our allocation and I'm completely fine with ST not getting a +1, how many of you have had your Reading based Arsenal supporting mates ask if you can get them a ticket? Imagine if genuine Reading fans had lost out on the chance of a ticket because someone had to bring their Arsenal supporting mate?

At the end of the day, most if not all seats will be sold, we'll probably get stuffed and still enjoy ourselves, if we win then bloody great, if not, oh well as long as the players show some effort we can still appreciate the journey, such is the luxury of being the massive underdogs for this.

I'd imagine the club will care, i'd be very surprised if the tickets are sale or return... Also the people that weren't able to take family and friends as they could only get one ticket for their ST. It looks likely that tickets will be going on sale to members with very low or no points, which means we are just as likely to be full of Arsenal fans, but the club has, IMO, failed to reward the most loyal fans

Imo ST holders aren't automatically the most loyal, sure there are people who go to every game home and away and that's pretty loyal, but I don't get this whole view that present ST holders deserve the most reward, I've been following Reading for 12 seasons now, half of those seasons I was a ST holder but at the very least I've definitely made it to at least 10 games a season, usually more and as a result I have 1700 loyalty points, This season we have started taking my nephew, as a result he only has 90 points but we were lucky that we have a friend who has over 1500 points who can't make the match so we just used his member card for a full price ticket. Otherwise we would have waited for the rush today.

So I believe the club have made the right decision based on their initial projections that the tickets would be mostly gone by the end of Friday, it's not a surprise they refused the option of a +1, yes it's easy to say in hindsight that they should have allowed +1 but it's probably better that they look stupid for underselling than it is for them to look stupid for overselling and people with large amounts of loyalty points missing out.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 30 Mar 2015 15:41

@nameless - as i understand it we requested the full allocation, which would suggest to me the club have bought them all from Wembley/FA and will be paying regardless of attendance - happy to be corrected on this though..

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Mar 2015 15:41

Can people stop quoting whoever is pretending to be 'Dave-Royal'. He's on my ignore list which at least means everything under his name appears as coherent and logical, as soon as you quote him I see garbage.
Amazed the joke hasn't worn thin with Kes or whoever it is.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Mar 2015 15:42

Maybe when putting the rest on sale to all member card holders adults and seniors can buy child tickets for those without member cards.

Never know, might get some young fool hooked on us.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 30 Mar 2015 15:43

Bloke at work is an Arsenal fan - he and 4 of his mates have just got tickets, in the Reading end.

Basically they've been to the games against them in the Premier League, plus the cup game and have been to a couple of Reading games with their "Reading mates"....

So don't be surprised if we see a fair few Gooners in our end.

oxford-nick

by oxford-nick » 30 Mar 2015 15:45

nameless I'd be amazed if 30,000 tickets were on firm sale. It's not how tickets are usually done. The extra allocation we were offered may be, but our initial allocation shouldn't be.
Tickets won't go to people with no points, the club have always said that you would need points to get tickets and that seems to be an FA requirement.

You get 5 points for just signing up to a reading membership card...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Mar 2015 15:56

TBM Bloke at work is an Arsenal fan - he and 4 of his mates have just got tickets, in the Reading end.

Basically they've been to the games against them in the Premier League, plus the cup game and have been to a couple of Reading games with their "Reading mates"....

Well at least some in our end will be happy with the result then :o

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 30 Mar 2015 15:58

OS now saying STHs can have another 2 tickets each, looks like they are getting worried

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Mar 2015 15:59

TBM Bloke at work is an Arsenal fan - he and 4 of his mates have just got tickets, in the Reading end.

Suddenly everyone buying just all the expensive tickets seems like a good thing, won't see them celebrating from the lower tier.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 30 Mar 2015 16:01

On the phone to the ticket office now, have sorted me 2 tickets from members cards, one 950 points, one with 15. Right up in the gods though..

oxford-nick

by oxford-nick » 30 Mar 2015 16:02

readingfc.co.uk Latest semi-final selling information

The Club can confirm the latest selling criteria for our FA Cup semi-final:
From 4pm today [Monday 30th], season ticket holders can purchase an additional two tickets per season ticket.
These additional tickets can be bought online, in person or by phone.
Please note it is not possible to exchange any previously-purchased seats, and nor can these additional tickets be added to an existing booking, even if tickets have not yet been posted.
Members with 50+ points can still buy one ticket each, in person or by phone - but not online.
Red category: tickets unavailable.
Blue category: only remaining tickets are blocks 111 and 114, available in person only at East stand ticket office.
Green category: if buying in person, go to the East stand ticket office. Block 511 unavailable.
Yellow category: if buying in person, go to the main ticket office. Blocks 501, 511 & 512 unavailable.
Ticket office open 10am-9pm on both Monday and Tuesday.
These remaining tickets are first come, first served.

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... cWPHmtg.99

oxford-nick

by oxford-nick » 30 Mar 2015 16:03

So online sales are now no longer possible for 50+ Loyalty point holders...

And if your a ST holder you can get 2 more tickets but cant change or exchange your purchased ticket if you have already brought....

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 30 Mar 2015 16:03

Everyone's a winner.

STH's get +2

:lol:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 30 Mar 2015 16:06

windermere_royal OS now saying STHs can have another 2 tickets each, looks like they are getting worried

ShambLOLes

All I wanted was a +1

They can stick their +2 up their arse

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 30 Mar 2015 16:07

leicsRoyal Everyone's a winner.

STH's get +2

:lol:

Not if you've already bought with that ticket though?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 30 Mar 2015 16:08

TFF
windermere_royal OS now saying STHs can have another 2 tickets each, looks like they are getting worried

ShambLOLes

All I wanted was a +1

They can stick their +2 up their arse

Yeah ok, the club let everyone with some sort of purchase history get a ticket before letting the ST holders have their precious extra tickets, a real shambles.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 30 Mar 2015 16:10

Whichever way the TO did it they were on a hiding to nothing.

The next issue will be that tickets will be returned with STH's buying the 2 now to be able to sit together and returning the original ticket bought.

anR

by anR » 30 Mar 2015 16:15

Not really. The seats to view a football game have gone. All that remains is some to appreciate the atmosphere.

2002 posts