Four fixture changes in December

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Four fixture changes in December

by Royal Ginger » 09 Oct 2015 22:55

Pepe the Horseman Getting lashed for free and watching Reading on the telly >>> going to Hull.

Getting shot in the face >>> going to Hull

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 10 Oct 2015 08:45

I get that Thursday nigh to Saturday is a but short so teams in the Thursday Cup have their games moved to a Sunday

But having a game moved from a Tuesday to Wednesday means we are moving our home game from Saturday to Sunday? What is that all about?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 10 Oct 2015 09:44

weybridgewanderer I get that Thursday nigh to Saturday is a but short so teams in the Thursday Cup have their games moved to a Sunday

But having a game moved from a Tuesday to Wednesday means we are moving our home game from Saturday to Sunday? What is that all about?

2 reasons I would imagine-1 Blackburn are playing on the Tuesday so would have longer gap to prepare(moving the match to Sunday still means they have an extra day but the more important thing is Reading get an extra day.
2 Reading are away on the Wednesday -presumably all very scientific these days regarding what the travel in a luxury coach for a few hours takes out of the players !!! If the royals were home on the Wednesday I guess it would have remained on the Saturday.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Oct 2015 12:03

Royals and Racers
weybridgewanderer I get that Thursday nigh to Saturday is a but short so teams in the Thursday Cup have their games moved to a Sunday

2 reasons I would imagine-1 Blackburn are playing on the Tuesday so would have longer gap to prepare(moving the match to Sunday still means they have an extra day but the more important thing is Reading get an extra day.
2 Reading are away on the Wednesday -presumably all very scientific these days regarding what the travel in a luxury coach for a few hours takes out of the players !!! If the royals were home on the Wednesday I guess it would have remained on the Saturday.

How on earth did we manage way back when teams often played games on Tuesday/Wednesday and then on Saturday. Last year wasn't it?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 10 Oct 2015 21:08

West Stand Man Bloody typical! We organise a big family get together for 20 Dec so that everyone who wants to can see the game on 19 Dec. Thank you you Sky for messing up my weekend.
No point whinging on here, only you can change it!

Personally I am getting flicked right off with the fixtures getting changed willy-nilly mainly for on the whim of subscription tv companies

Petition for the return of 3pm Saturday's ...... boycott your next subscription fee, unsubscribe?

Nah, thought not

(love football....hate sky)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Oct 2015 09:06

AthleticoSpizz
West Stand Man Bloody typical! We organise a big family get together for 20 Dec so that everyone who wants to can see the game on 19 Dec. Thank you you Sky for messing up my weekend.
No point whinging on here, only you can change it!

Personally I am getting flicked right off with the fixtures getting changed willy-nilly mainly for on the whim of subscription tv companies

Petition for the return of 3pm Saturday's ...... boycott your next subscription fee, unsubscribe?

Nah, thought not

(love football....hate sky)

But the club gets a nice stack of readies for being on the telly. Perhaps they should share some of it with those fans inconvenienced by the change.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Oct 2015 10:17

Nameless Thought Norman Hunter was excellent on Bake Off, just let down by his puff pastry.

:-)

Has he come out then?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 11 Oct 2015 11:08

Sutekh wrote:
But the club gets a nice stack of readies for being on the telly. Perhaps they should share some of it with those fans inconvenienced by the change.

Not being of a financial persuasion myself, I'm not sure as to how much profit these matches will generate. However, there is also the small matter of a recent £40,000 bill being addressed or the money replaced if already paid on the Thai Express card. Still, I've no doubt somebody will put me right on this score. Cheersee.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 11 Oct 2015 11:21

Royal Ginger
Pepe the Horseman Getting lashed for free and watching Reading on the telly >>> going to Hull.

Quote of the week
Need to turn it into a chant for the game

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Oct 2015 13:54

harry
Royal Ginger

Quote of the week
Need to turn it into a chant for the game

Oh I'd rather get shot than live in hull,
Yes I'd rather get shot than live in hull,
Yes I'd rather get shot,
Rather get shot ,
Rather get shot than live in hull

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Oct 2015 19:34

Warfield North Stand QPR game now the same night as my work Xmas party. Arse. Free beer or football?

Football everytime, esp if the other option is spending an evening talking about work with a load of tossers that have nothing in common with you other than you happen work for the same company.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 11 Oct 2015 19:43

Royals and Racers

teams play away from home in Europe on a Wednesday, fly back an play again on Saturday
often their opponents had no midweek game

Sorry but we should be able to play Wednesday Saturday,

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Oct 2015 22:03

weybridgewanderer
Royals and Racers

teams play away from home in Europe on a Wednesday, fly back an play again on Saturday
often their opponents had no midweek game

Sorry but we should be able to play Wednesday Saturday,

I agree with you- I was just putting what I believe is the clubs reasoning for the decision.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Oct 2015 11:31

It's not the first time this season, so why are people surprised?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Oct 2015 11:44

Silver Fox It's not the first time this season, so why are people surprised?

Why does Noddy have a bell on his hat?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 12 Oct 2015 11:51

Green
Silver Fox It's not the first time this season, so why are people surprised?

Why does Noddy have a bell on his hat?

because he's a pcunt

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 12 Oct 2015 18:24

Couldn't really be better for me :)

3 games being televised that I wouldn't be seeing otherwise, and the Blackburn game I wasn't going to be able to go to before (work most Saturdays) and now could with no major obstacles, just the minor issue of Sunday traffic possibly being a bit shitter than usual the week before Christmas.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 19 Oct 2015 14:18

That's a right touch - Christmas at home & Boxing Day at the Mrs' family = still able to watch our game 8) 8)