Play Off Final Tickets

752 posts
Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Play Off Final Tickets

by Muskrat » 25 May 2017 11:11

paultheroyal It appears Huddersfield have sold out and now requesting additional 500 more. Flat Caps off to them.

Corrected for you.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 25 May 2017 14:25

Scutterbucketz
Top Flight
RoyalBlue
Outskirts of Northwest London so yes, a fair amount of fake hoops around. However, not the only Royals supporter in this neck of the woods either. Have seen people wearing the proper hoops and cars with stickers/scarves etc.

Me too. I'm Ruislip. Where are you?

I'm surrounded by fake bloody hoops. They're everywhere.

Can either of you suggest any decent pubs near a tube station at any of the stops between Ruislip and Harrow?

Well, if you park one station back at Ickenham where there is a big car park and it's easy to get a space you can go to the Coach and Horses. It's not really a football pub but it's a nice place to have a drink. On Monday's their food is half price. Not sure if that applies on a bank holiday monday though.

In Ruislip, The Crock of Gold is decent enough and they usually show sport on their screens. There will be alot of Huddersfield in Ruislip though as Wealdstone FC have offered them the car park and club house. Expect around 800 Huddersfield to travel in from Ruislip. I have no choice but to join them so my tube journey should be interesting.

Eastcote has the Ascott which is another decent place for a pint. Ruislip Manor has a spoons / moons. It is the most successful Spoons in the country apparantly. They make a lot of money in that place. Not close to a tube is the Breakspear Arms. Have you ever been there RoyalBlue? It used to be a bikers pub but now its under Indian management. I love that pub now. Good food, good beers and plenty of football on the screens.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 25 May 2017 14:33

Scutterbucketz
double d
Scutterbucketz
Can either of you suggest any decent pubs near a tube station at any of the stops between Ruislip and Harrow?

When i loved in harrow there was a decent spoons by harrow on the hill tube station... something under the moon I think it was called

Yeah, Moon on the Hill. It's looking like Harrow has the most pubs near it, but would prefer something better than a Spoons. However, it's looking like slim pickings.

Not slim pickings Scutterbucketz. There are plenty of good pubs. Are you planning to park and ride?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 May 2017 14:33

Does anyone else's tickets say Reading / Fulham?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 25 May 2017 14:36

genome Does anyone else's tickets say Reading / Fulham?

Yep. Obviously they have all been printed out at the semi final stage. They only say Championship play off final. Nothing to say Reading V Huddersfield. Either Fulham or us would have had the same East end of the stadium.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 25 May 2017 14:49

Mine came yesterday. Ordered 11am Friday. Standard delivery.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 25 May 2017 14:57

Mine arrived today, thanks to Clyde for the offer of a membership number but I managed to get some on general sale. :D

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 25 May 2017 15:21

mine say Fulham V Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 May 2017 16:27

bigmike

mine say Fulham V Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

Mine says Leeds v Leeds

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 25 May 2017 17:53

Mine says Exeter v Blackpool.
Could there be an issue do you think ?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 25 May 2017 18:08

RG7Fan
KC Royal My tickets were dispatched this morning. I'm guessing they're sending them in block order, might explain why some tickets bought on Thursday/Friday were dispatched earlier than others even if they were bought in the morning. Also, my block was probably one of the last to be made available on Friday.

I bought mine in the first hour on Thursday - they were here on Saturday (standard delivery). Well impressed.

Mine arrived today 8) (standard delivery too)
Last edited by KC Royal on 25 May 2017 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 May 2017 18:15

Top Flight
Scutterbucketz
Top Flight
Me too. I'm Ruislip. Where are you?

I'm surrounded by fake bloody hoops. They're everywhere.

Well, if you park one station back at Ickenham where there is a big car park and it's easy to get a space you can go to the Coach and Horses. It's not really a football pub but it's a nice place to have a drink. On Monday's their food is half price. Not sure if that applies on a bank holiday monday though.

In Ruislip, The Crock of Gold is decent enough and they usually show sport on their screens. There will be alot of Huddersfield in Ruislip though as Wealdstone FC have offered them the car park and club house. Expect around 800 Huddersfield to travel in from Ruislip. I have no choice but to join them so my tube journey should be interesting.

Eastcote has the Ascott which is another decent place for a pint. Ruislip Manor has a spoons / moons. It is the most successful Spoons in the country apparantly. They make a lot of money in that place. Not close to a tube is the Breakspear Arms. Have you ever been there RoyalBlue? It used to be a bikers pub but now its under Indian management. I love that pub now. Good food, good beers and plenty of football on the screens.

Even though I drive past it frequently, I haven't been to the Breakspear Arms for donkeys years. I shall have to try it, Crock of Gold pretty limited in terms of real beer? If I was opting for anywhere I think I'd go for The Queens Head in Pinner.

As for Wealdstone FC and Huddersfield, I can only imagine that they are letting them park on their training/youth pitches because, IIRC, their actual car park is pretty small.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 25 May 2017 19:50

Top Flight
Scutterbucketz
double d
When i loved in harrow there was a decent spoons by harrow on the hill tube station... something under the moon I think it was called

Yeah, Moon on the Hill. It's looking like Harrow has the most pubs near it, but would prefer something better than a Spoons. However, it's looking like slim pickings.

Not slim pickings Scutterbucketz. There are plenty of good pubs. Are you planning to park and ride?

No, my missus is driving me and my mates and then going away again, so getting dropped to a pub a bit off the beaten track isn't a problem if I only have to walk 10 minutes to the pub. Thanks for the synopsis but the thought of sitting in a pub full of Huddersfield chaps doesn't fill me with joy. Similarly, as much as I'd like to soak up the atmosphere, I don't want to have to fight for a spot at the bar at any of the pubs closer to the stadium from 12 onwards.

Does anyone know if you can buy booze outside the stadium? I have a hazy memory of there being a Budweiser truck at the Arsenal game.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 May 2017 19:58

Scutterbucketz
Top Flight
Scutterbucketz

No, my missus is driving me and my mates and then going away again, so getting dropped to a pub a bit off the beaten track isn't a problem if I only have to walk 10 minutes to the pub. Thanks for the synopsis but the thought of sitting in a pub full of Huddersfield chaps doesn't fill me with joy. Similarly, as much as I'd like to soak up the atmosphere, I don't want to have to fight for a spot at the bar at any of the pubs closer to the stadium from 12 onwards.

Does anyone know if you can buy booze outside the stadium? I have a hazy memory of there being a Budweiser truck at the Arsenal game.

You should be fine at The Queens Head in Pinner - far too posh and poncey for those hardened Northerners and I'm pretty sure they don't let whippets in! Short walk from the Met Line Station and short journey (13 mins) to Wembley Park on the Met. Mind you, it will be an interesting mix if there's a wedding on at the church!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 25 May 2017 22:03

RoyalBlue
Top Flight
Scutterbucketz

Even though I drive past it frequently, I haven't been to the Breakspear Arms for donkeys years. I shall have to try it, Crock of Gold pretty limited in terms of real beer? If I was opting for anywhere I think I'd go for The Queens Head in Pinner.

As for Wealdstone FC and Huddersfield, I can only imagine that they are letting them park on their training/youth pitches because, IIRC, their actual car park is pretty small.

Well the parking is limited so I believe the Huddersfield fans have to book in advance and reserve their space. But you are right they will allow people to park on the grass pitches. For Wealdstone matches they open up the grass pitches for parking when the weather is good and the pitches are dry. When it's wet you have to park on the side streets so the pitches don't get churned up.

I doubt Huddersfield will be in the Crock of Gold anyway. They will all be at the Wealdstone FC clubhouse. So the Crock of Gold could still be an option for Scutterbucketz.

Probably the moons in Ruislip Manor would be the best bet. It's right opposite the tube station and is the perfect place for drinking before the big match. It's just that Scutterbucketz doesn't want to go into another Weatherspoon. I haven't been to your suggestion in Pinner. Maybe that's a better option.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 25 May 2017 22:14

Just found out that I've got a mate travelling from Hammersmith also, so a pub at Rayners Lane or beyond is good for him. So it rules out Pinner and Ruislip.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 25 May 2017 23:34

Scutterbucketz Just found out that I've got a mate travelling from Hammersmith also, so a pub at Rayners Lane or beyond is good for him. So it rules out Pinner and Ruislip.

Village Inn is a 30 second walk from tube station, turn left out of the station. Opposite the Sainsbury's.

Philly Flyer

by Philly Flyer » 26 May 2017 16:06

Tickets went off sale at 3pm and the SEE Tickets site is now closed. Anyone know the final number sold?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 May 2017 18:40

Philly Flyer Tickets went off sale at 3pm and the SEE Tickets site is now closed. Anyone know the final number sold?

I reckon 34,460

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 May 2017 18:57

Royal_jimmy
Philly Flyer Tickets went off sale at 3pm and the SEE Tickets site is now closed. Anyone know the final number sold?

I reckon 34,460

I think 33'981

752 posts