Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 10:04

Silver Fox
Old Man Andrews What a shock, the boards biggest attention seeking nutter is in Club 1871..... Says it all.

I'm fairly sure John smith is actually against it

John is more of a loon imo.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 01 Oct 2018 11:23

Kulshaw72RFC Genuine question.

Do Club 1871 go to away games as that moniker aswell?

I think this is my biggest issue with the organisation. How can you go round professing to change atmospheres and claiming to be this great fan movement if you don't go away?! None of them were at Preston. If any were at Brentford then they weren't together. They're not a reflection of me as a supporter and don't share my beliefs. Simply embarrassing.

They go.

BKnumber6

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Wh, How, Who & Why Thread

by BKnumber6 » 01 Oct 2018 12:24

I wonder how many other club around the world have fans that don't want an atmosphere in their stadium. The noise level is pretty poor most of the time and at least something is trying to be done about it.
If something needs to be changed, don't sit around moaning and slagging off someone else's efforts, be positive and create something better.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 12:25

BKnumber6 I wonder how many other club around the world have fans that don't want an atmosphere in their stadium. The noise level is pretty poor most of the time and at least something is trying to be done about it.
If something needs to be changed, don't sit around moaning and slagging off someone else's efforts, be positive and create something better.

Their efforts have failed though, it has to be addressed. Millwall are visiting us in 20 days time, can you imagine what they are going to do to Club 1871?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2018 12:27

Couple of minor points.

The stated aim of Club1871 is to improve the home atmosphere in a positive way.
Going away doesn't really have anything to do with the home atmosphere.
I get the impression quite a few of them do go away, although I have no care whether they do or don't.

For many Reading fans who have moved away, every game is away.

Going to home and away games doesn't make you a better fan. Going to games doesn't make you a better fan. Standing in Y25/26 or the South doesn't make you a better fan.

We're all just fans, committing the time, money and attention we want / can afford to the club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 12:28

Snowflake Royal Couple of minor points.

We're all just fans, committing the time, money and attention we want / can afford to the club.

Here is what those in Club 1871 want.......

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2018 12:30

Old Man Andrews
BKnumber6 I wonder how many other club around the world have fans that don't want an atmosphere in their stadium. The noise level is pretty poor most of the time and at least something is trying to be done about it.

Their efforts have failed though, it has to be addressed. Millwall are visiting us in 20 days time, can you imagine what they are going to do to Club 1871?

You're really in for a long disappointing season of saying the same thing every week.

As for Millwall, absolutely nothing I expect.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 12:32

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

You're really in for a long disappointing season of saying the same thing every week.

A long, disappointing season is just a given supporting Reading. Club 1871 or no Club 1871.

Millwall will absolutely destroy you lot. I bet you Club 1871 won't be allowed in the South Stand that day.

BKnumber6

by BKnumber6 » 01 Oct 2018 12:40

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

A long, disappointing season is just a given supporting Reading. Club 1871 or no Club 1871.

Millwall will absolutely destroy you lot. I bet you Club 1871 won't be allowed in the South Stand that day.

In what way will Millwall destroy us? They're not doing great and won't bring many down.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 12:42

BKnumber6
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal You're really in for a long disappointing season of saying the same thing every week.

In what way will Millwall destroy us? They're not doing great and won't bring many down.

They will sell out their allocation within a few days. Are you serious?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2018 12:45

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews

only if by destroy you mean outsing.

Care to put your money where your mouth is on me standing in the South vs Millwall? Loser donates £50 to the winner's charity of choice? I don't need your money and don't really fancy telling you my bank details.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 12:47

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal You're really in for a long disappointing season of saying the same thing every week.

only if by destroy you mean outsing.

Care to put your money where your mouth is on me standing in the South vs Millwall? Loser donates £50 to the winner's charity of choice? I don't need your money and don't really fancy telling you my bank details.

I don't bet on football. Plus you'd definitely not pay up making the bet pointless.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2018 12:57

I'm truly shocked by the development that you're all mouth and no substance.

The only reason I wouldn't pay up is because I won't lose. I've offered similar bets before and the only one with the balls to back their words was snowball iirc. He won, I paid up.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 13:02

There are genuine safety concerns, I am worried about you guys thats all. You know what Millwall are like, they will be especially angry at the moment as things are not going well on the pitch. I fear for you, I doubt very much you can handle yourself.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Oct 2018 13:13

I am not sure Millwall will be violent in the stands, maybe a few coins but nothing outrageous. They would be more confused as to what is going on with Club 1871 - probably laugh and not take them serious enough to engage in some fisty cuffs - more shame them if they do.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 01 Oct 2018 13:27

If only Club1871 had help from SROT, Berkshirr Boot Boys, The Scorpians and the Reading Yoof.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 01 Oct 2018 13:42

John Smith

I think this is my biggest issue with the organisation. How can you go round professing to change atmospheres and claiming to be this great fan movement if you don't go away?! None of them were at Preston. If any were at Brentford then they weren't together. They're not a reflection of me as a supporter and don't share my beliefs. Simply embarrassing.

They go.

Please state to me where they have claimed to be a great fan movement and said they want to improve away day atmosphere too?

They've solely said to improve home day atmosphere and unless you know all of them on a one-by-one basis, how the hell would you know if they went to away games or not? I've certainly seen a few of them at away games this season and through previous seasons.

You and OMA are absolutely obsessed with something that doesn't affect you in any shape or form. You are literally crying over a group who have decided to switch seats. oxf*rd get over yourselves.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 13:45

madreadingfan
John Smith

They go.

Please state to me where they have claimed to be a great fan movement and said they want to improve away day atmosphere too?

They've solely said to improve home day atmosphere and unless you know all of them on a one-by-one basis, how the hell would you know if they went to away games or not? I've certainly seen a few of them at away games this season and through previous seasons.

You and OMA are absolutely obsessed with something that doesn't affect you in any shape or form. You are literally crying over a group who have decided to switch seats. oxf*rd get over yourselves.

No I am just pointing out that the project has not worked, it is a fact. If I could just remind you I was in favour of it.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 01 Oct 2018 14:01

Old Man Andrews
madreadingfan
John Smith I think this is my biggest issue with the organisation. How can you go round professing to change atmospheres and claiming to be this great fan movement if you don't go away?! None of them were at Preston. If any were at Brentford then they weren't together. They're not a reflection of me as a supporter and don't share my beliefs. Simply embarrassing.

They go.

No I am just pointing out that the project has not worked, it is a fact. If I could just remind you I was in favour of it.

Just because they haven't got numbers yet doesn't mean it hasn't worked. It's still such early days. I recall when Huddersfield first started their initiative, they had even smaller numbers than C.1871 for the first year. Now look at them,

But still even if you think it's 'fact', why say it each week? Why the obsession of bringing fans down who are trying to do good? What exactly are you achieving here?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2018 14:02

madreadingfan
Old Man Andrews
madreadingfan

Just because they haven't got numbers yet doesn't mean it hasn't worked. It's still such early days. I recall when Huddersfield first started their initiative, they had even smaller numbers than C.1871 for the first year. Now look at them,

But still even if you think it's 'fact', why say it each week? Why the obsession of bringing fans down who are trying to do good? What exactly are you achieving here?

Why are we not allowed to give our opinions and report things as we see them?

2100 posts