Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Oct 2018 09:47

John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat When was the last time the away fans actually got to the home supporters and did anything?

Chelsea in that pre-season friendly?

One thing in common with Millwall is that they are a London club. Old Man Andrews may have a point to be fair...

It isn't during the game I am worried about it is before and after. The Millwall supporters are going to see how left wing the Club 1871 and take advantage of them, especially if Millwall end up losing. The safety of our supporters should be the number 1 priority and I don't think the club are doing enough. The South Stand club have to go now.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 02 Oct 2018 10:00

Old Man Andrews
John Smith
Coppells Lost Coat When was the last time the away fans actually got to the home supporters and did anything?

Chelsea in that pre-season friendly?

One thing in common with Millwall is that they are a London club. Old Man Andrews may have a point to be fair...

It isn't during the game I am worried about it is before and after. The Millwall supporters are going to see how left wing the Club 1871 and take advantage of them, especially if Millwall end up losing. The safety of our supporters should be the number 1 priority and I don't think the club are doing enough. The South Stand club have to go now.

Millwall is not the sort of game I would want my kids to be there for, especially if they lose.

I think the problem is that if we play well and destroy them, and C1871 are in full vocal, they are so near the away fans that they would get riled up and it could lead to utter bedlam and disaster. Millwall fans are not the cleverest bunch so would assume that C1871 are goading them. After the game they could just wait outside the exit of the south stand. It would be chaos.

I fear for the safety of children and the elderly if it kicks off.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Oct 2018 10:08

Kulshaw72RFC
Old Man Andrews
John Smith Chelsea in that pre-season friendly?

Millwall is not the sort of game I would want my kids to be there for, especially if they lose.

I think the problem is that if we play well and destroy them, and C1871 are in full vocal, they are so near the away fans that they would get riled up and it could lead to utter bedlam and disaster. Millwall fans are not the cleverest bunch so would assume that C1871 are goading them. After the game they could just wait outside the exit of the south stand. It would be chaos.

I fear for the safety of children and the elderly if it kicks off.

Ok i get where you guys are coming from. However if you goad opposition fans you must be willing to confront the consequences and not be the hard man behind 2 sets of railings. Never really encountered any violence at the madejsk.
I'm not convinced there will be any trouble unless both sets of fans are looking for it before or after the game. Doubt the Millwall firm will waste their time or risk bans to bop a few 17yr old middle class Reading Ultras.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:00

So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".

jar95

by jar95 » 03 Oct 2018 10:17

Old Man Andrews So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".

You are literally the saddest, most obsessed old man I know. Club1871 are there for the season, like it or not. GET OVER IT.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 10:19

jar95
Old Man Andrews So last night I was a little more impressed with the noise made by Club 1871, especially before the QPR goal. After QPR scored they gave up on the team though when the players needed them the most again going against one of their key objectives which is to support the team "no matter what".

You are literally the saddest, most obsessed old man I know. Club1871 are there for the season, like it or not. GET OVER IT.

Are you denying my point? I am reporting the facts, deal with it.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Oct 2018 14:45

I have to say last night was their most disappointing performance to date: pitiful turnout, pitiful volume, one lad turfed out after an hour.

Pathetic.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 15:46

John Smith

I have to say last night was their most disappointing performance to date: pitiful turnout, pitiful volume, one lad turfed out after an hour.

Pathetic.

Why did they get turfed out? I assume that the person was an 18 year old who could not handle their alcohol, who was trying to give it the large one? If so, I do not want C1871 to continue if that is the sort of fan it would attract, taking us back to the dark days of the hooligans. That is not who we are a club, a bunch of drunken louts. Even more so that C1871 is now in the spotlight and Especially not against Millwall, where it could jeopardise the safety of our fans.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 15:47

Their whole policy of "just backing the team and ignoring the away supporters" worked well then?

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 03 Oct 2018 16:44

Do not feed the trolls PLEASE!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Oct 2018 19:09

jar95

Indeed. Little harm them carrying on until the end of the season and then asking the question whether it's worth keeping.

However, if it carries on the way it is then the answer to that question is a no.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 03 Oct 2018 19:50

Royality creeps In Do not feed the trolls PLEASE!

You are right, I sincerely apologise.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 04 Oct 2018 13:20

Amazing how upset grown men can get just because they didn't get given comp tickets by Liam Moore for an away game.

On the plus side this thread is HNA at it's very best/worst.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Oct 2018 13:26

Vision Amazing how upset grown men can get just because they didn't get given comp tickets by Liam Moore for an away game.

It is nothing to do with that. The Club 1871 project has failed, what is wrong with pointing that out and expressing the very real safety concerns I have about the upcoming game against Millwall? I care about the safety of our supporters.

jar95

by jar95 » 04 Oct 2018 14:53

Old Man Andrews
Vision Amazing how upset grown men can get just because they didn't get given comp tickets by Liam Moore for an away game.

It is nothing to do with that. The Club 1871 project has failed, what is wrong with pointing that out and expressing the very real safety concerns I have about the upcoming game against Millwall? I care about the safety of our supporters.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out your opinion. The way you go about is, and how often you go on about is what I have a problem with. There are a group of fans trying to increase the atmosphere, and you seem to have a problem with them. If Millwall want to cause trouble, Club 1871 aren't going to be the reason.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Oct 2018 08:29

sandman
jar95

Indeed. Little harm them carrying on until the end of the season and then asking the question whether it's worth keeping.

However, if it carries on the way it is then the answer to that question is a no.

Sandy, this thread has absolutely no place for reasoned and sensible evaluations of C1871.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Oct 2018 08:31

Snowflake Royal
sandman
jar95

Sandy, this thread has absolutely no place for reasoned and sensible evaluations of C1871.

Hark at John Travolta over there.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 11 Oct 2018 15:50

Are any of the organisers of C1871 on here? It would be good if they can come on and give their views on it aswell, if they feel like it is a success or they did it to try and obtain free travel/tickets and as a vanity project and it has failed, as the vast majority thin

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 12 Oct 2018 15:46

Kulshaw72RFC Are any of the organisers of C1871 on here? It would be good if they can come on and give their views on it aswell, if they feel like it is a success or they did it to try and obtain free travel/tickets and as a vanity project and it has failed, as the vast majority thin

handbags_harris

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Oct 2018 12:48

Much like with the club's ownership and management, I doubt the organisers are interested in posting the same thing on HNA every week to try to appease critics who have no interest in anything other than criticising.

Maybe try reading page one and the OP if you want to know what it's about.

2100 posts