Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Apr 2019 13:44

Summed up perfectly on talksport just now, referring the white wall at spurs....

"It works at dortmund because it is a more natural atmousphere to be like that on the continent, despite them having megaphones at the front, and it is all in unison.

It wont work over here because the modern day fan isn't the type to do that and with exception of a few games in the country ie north london derby or millwall westham you don't get anything else then a phony forced atmousphere. You need a club with a certain type of fans"

And we dont have those type of fans. And are utter shit on the pitch.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 13:49

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ Club1871 is nonsense

Atmosphere should come naturally, the fact we're actively trying to force an atmosphere just concedes how poor our atmosphere really is

Also took a good 11 months to have more than 200 people there and even then they were bribed with free alcohol

Atmosphere isn't based on quantity of numbers or how successful you are. 100 Bayern fans showed us how to create a good atmosphere in a friendly match FFS. You only have to look at grounds like the Emirates or the Etihad, they're dead quiet

It's more based on passion. Let's be honest, our fans will never reach the same passion as most others. You only have to rewind to the Huddersfield playoff final with the pathetic atmosphere, even in the so called "singing section". Our atmosphere is shocking, end of

Isn't that the point though? The atmosphere hasn't come naturally.
So the other option is to try and orchestrate it somewhat. Let's give that a go and see how it works. Doesn't help when you have divs like yourself rubbishing it whilst offering up no alternative.

Incidentally anyone who's been to a bayern game will tell you their fans are highly orchestrated with megaphones, pre made flags etc, the same fans youre waxing lyrical about. The same is typical of most European ultra groups.

We did give it a go. It failed. People had to be bribed by free drinks to come over. They now spend most of the game goading the opposition which goes against the initiative

Why are you using personal insults to someone else's opinion? Are you that big headed that you can't see it from other people's points of view. There's no need to have an alternative. The Madejski is soulless with no character. The location is shocking, which really really doesn't help (sound like a Leeds fan here but it is true unfortunately)

It's why I now prefer away games, the atmosphere there comes "naturally" and it's not just 500 fans singing on their own right in the middle of the stadium

I've never been to a Bayern game. But there's atmosphere across the stadium, not just in once section. And the use of flags, megaphones can work etc. But it needs everyone to join in, not just a small minority

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 13:50

The Enfield Royal71 Summed up perfectly on talksport just now, referring the white wall at spurs....

"It works at dortmund because it is a more natural atmousphere to be like that on the continent, despite them having megaphones at the front, and it is all in unison.

It wont work over here because the modern day fan isn't the type to do that and with exception of a few games in the country ie north london derby or millwall westham you don't get anything else then a phony forced atmousphere. You need a club with a certain type of fans"

And we dont have those type of fans. And are utter shit on the pitch.

Big +1

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Apr 2019 14:03

To say the Mad stad never had atmosphere is completely wrong. It used to rock and was buzzing across both East and North stands. It used to be great fun.
Yes Club 1871 creates a 'forced atmosphere' but at least its better than people sat there droning. Maybe instead of being a keyboard warriors and complaining about it, make some noise and make the initiative mute by out signing them?
Maybe people are moving over to south stand because they sit next to people who are insistent on moaning or complaining?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 14:25

Coppells Lost Coat To say the Mad stad never had atmosphere is completely wrong. It used to rock and was buzzing across both East and North stands. It used to be great fun.
Yes Club 1871 creates a 'forced atmosphere' but at least its better than people sat there droning. Maybe instead of being a keyboard warriors and complaining about it, make some noise and make the initiative mute by out signing them?
Maybe people are moving over to south stand because they sit next to people who are insistent on moaning or complaining?

Atmosphere has been dead quiet for 10 years now. Our fans are full of plastics and glory hunter. 24,000 for Man United but 7,000 for Sheffield United. That's pathetic

You can't just have an atmosphere when we play well. Where was everyone during the bad times? It's a sign of plastic fans when an atmosphere can only be generated during the good times

Nice to know you can't answer the question as to why they're breaking their promises. Ejections don't happen in a natural singing section, because they focus on supporting their team. As I have said numerous times, ours don't. Even when we were "supposedly" loud against Wigan, it was nothing compared to Leeds a few days later

And calling someone a keyboard warrior is just plain immature. Otherwise anyone can be classified as a "keyboard warrior" giving their opinions

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Apr 2019 14:42

URZZZZ
But as I said, these extra 400 people who have appeared from no-where didn't choose to sit in the south stand because they agreed with the inititative as such. They sat there because they wanted their free alcohol. That isn't a "natural" atmosphere. Plus you already now have the problems of spending more time trying to wind the opposition fans up rather than actually "singing". That was one thing they said wouldn't happen

The free beer was for one game. Why have they stuck around for the games following it?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Apr 2019 14:44

URZZZZ
Nice to know you can't answer the question as to why they're breaking their promises. Ejections don't happen in a natural singing section, because they focus on supporting their team.

What experience do you have of this? You have none of the Allianz yet seem to think you know it comes from all 4 corners of the ground (hint: it doesn't) It comes from the main ultras section and occasionally spreads like most grounds.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Apr 2019 14:56

URZZZZ
Coppells Lost Coat To say the Mad stad never had atmosphere is completely wrong. It used to rock and was buzzing across both East and North stands. It used to be great fun.

Atmosphere has been dead quiet for 10 years now. Our fans are full of plastics and glory hunter. 24,000 for Man United but 7,000 for Sheffield United. That's pathetic

You can't just have an atmosphere when we play well. Where was everyone during the bad times? It's a sign of plastic fans when an atmosphere can only be generated during the good times

Nice to know you can't answer the question as to why they're breaking their promises. Ejections don't happen in a natural singing section, because they focus on supporting their team. As I have said numerous times, ours don't. Even when we were "supposedly" loud against Wigan, it was nothing compared to Leeds a few days later

And calling someone a keyboard warrior is just plain immature. Otherwise anyone can be classified as a "keyboard warrior" giving their opinions

I would say, that Club 1871 cant stop the idiots who normally give the big I am sitting 30-40 yards away entering in the south stand where they are more visible and more likely to get ejected by riling up the away fans.

Nice to see you cant answer my questions on why are the east stand not upping there game to be louder? or the reasoning why people might want to move to the south stand.
They might be sick of trying to sing and no one joining in. Maybe sick of people constantly moaning next to them. Maybe its as easy as people want to sit with there mates at footy and its the easiest place to do so.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 14:59

I'm repeating myself here. You watch a Bayern game, and there's flag-waving, chanting from all over the ground etc... Chanting from one small specific area of the ground doesn't constitute an atmosphere...

I suppose I can't answer your first question, maybe they enjoyed it. You know, 3-2 win, two very late goals. Had we lost 2-1, I believe we wouldn't have anywhere near the same numbers for the next game. Who knows though

I'm sorry, I'm genuinely not trying to start an argument. In my opinion, the idea is wrong. But then my opinion counts for nothing. If everyone agreed on anything, there wouldn't be a point for forums like this

How would I improve it? Difficult one considering the state of our fans/location of the ground/locations of the singing section. For a start, don't isolate them, compare to Palace's and Huddersfield's, they're not in the middle of no-where, they're in the midst of the other fans. And theirs work

It doesn't help the reputation we have. Standing there dancing to darts music makes us look laughable. Away support etc. Personally find the away attendance argument tedious but that's just how we're regarded

Appreciate them having a go but it hasn't worked. Maybe if they have a re-think, put them in in the east stand etc, I'd be willing to change my mind. Doubt it because I don't agree with the concept of "singing sections" but currently it looks daft

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 15:09

Coppells Lost Coat
URZZZZ

I would say, that Club 1871 cant stop the idiots who normally give the big I am sitting 30-40 yards away entering in the south stand where they are more visible and more likely to get ejected by riling up the away fans.

Nice to see you cant answer my questions on why are the east stand not upping there game to be louder? or the reasoning why people might want to move to the south stand.
They might be sick of trying to sing and no one joining in. Maybe sick of people constantly moaning next to them. Maybe its as easy as people want to sit with there mates at footy and its the easiest place to do so.

So why promise something they can't control is what I ask?

I've already said why people moved to the South Stand IMO. I could be wrong, but we'll never know

Put the section in the north stand, east stand etc and I may have a different opinion

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2019 15:15

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ Club1871 is nonsense

Atmosphere should come naturally, the fact we're actively trying to force an atmosphere just concedes how poor our atmosphere really is

Also took a good 11 months to have more than 200 people there and even then they were bribed with free alcohol

Atmosphere isn't based on quantity of numbers or how successful you are. 100 Bayern fans showed us how to create a good atmosphere in a friendly match FFS. You only have to look at grounds like the Emirates or the Etihad, they're dead quiet

It's more based on passion. Let's be honest, our fans will never reach the same passion as most others. You only have to rewind to the Huddersfield playoff final with the pathetic atmosphere, even in the so called "singing section". Our atmosphere is shocking, end of

So the other option is to try and orchestrate it somewhat. Let's give that a go and see how it works. Doesn't help when you have divs like yourself rubbishing it whilst offering up no alternative.

Incidentally anyone who's been to a bayern game will tell you their fans are highly orchestrated with megaphones, pre made flags etc, the same fans youre waxing lyrical about. The same is typical of most European ultra groups.

We did give it a go. It failed. People had to be bribed by free drinks to come over. They now spend most of the game goading the opposition which goes against the initiative

Why are you using personal insults to someone else's opinion? Are you that big headed that you can't see it from other people's points of view. There's no need to have an alternative. The Madejski is soulless with no character. The location is shocking, which really really doesn't help (sound like a Leeds fan here but it is true unfortunately)

It's why I now prefer away games, the atmosphere there comes "naturally" and it's not just 500 fans singing on their own right in the middle of the stadium

I've never been to a Bayern game. But there's atmosphere across the stadium, not just in once section. And the use of flags, megaphones can work etc. But it needs everyone to join in, not just a small minority

Jesus. We're literally in the process of giving it a go. It hasn't even been running for a season yet and there were plenty of knobs on here moaning about it 2 games in. How is that giving it a go? The fact that the initiative has coincided with the worst on pitch performances in recent times hasn't helped but its testament how successful its been despite this. It appears the last few games it's been garning support and perhaps it will eventually snow ball into something like Bayerns atmosphere where its 'throughout the ground.'

The reason I'm insulting you is because statements like the madejski is souless is just moronic, unhelpful and complete nonsense. It's very easy to just sit back and say 'atmospheres shit always will be no point trying anything.' It's completely reductive and useless.

Again if we're going to take the bayern example their stadium is in an extremely similar location to ours, if not more out of town. So you can forget that line of thought you've mentioned in another post as to why the madejski will never have a good atmosphere.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 04 Apr 2019 15:27

URZZZZ

Is it down to them to control other peoples actions?
You are always gunna get the odd knob head every now and then. If it continues to attract people wanting to be nobs then yes it will have to be looked at. See it more often at away games tbf though, which you prefer to go to.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 15:27

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871

Jesus you're being dense. We're literally in the process of giving it a go. It hasn't even been running for a season yet and there were plenty of knobs on here moaning about it 2 games in. How is that giving it a go? The fact that the initiative has coincided with the worst on pitch performances in recent times hasn't helped but its testament how successful its been. It appears the last few games it's been garning support and perhaps it will eventually snow ball into something like Bayerns atmosphere where its throughout the ground.

I didn't moan about it two games in. Two games isn't giving it a go. But we're now 25 games or whatever in and there's been a good atmosphere in about 1 game so far. Results shouldn't have any impact. Look at Leeds, before this season they've been meandering in mid table and still maintained a decent atmosphere. Then look at City. Winning trophy after trophy, and it's like a library at the Etihad. It could snow ball into something like Bayern's atmosphere. I don't think it will , you may think it might. Cool

The reason I'm insulting you is because statements like the madejski is souless is just moronic, unhelpful and complete nonsense. It's very easy to just sit back and say 'atmospheres shit always will be no point trying anything.' It's completely reductive and useless.

"Complete nonsense" yet the majority of opposing teams says the Madejski is the worst atmosphere in the league. I think we could try something. I put my hands up and admit saying there's no alternative was a nonsense statement. But it's a lose-lose situation the way it's currently run. We either have a sparse south stand or a sparse east stand. Because let's be honest, the majority who sit in the south stand have come from the east. Could we re-locate it to the East Stand? Do you think that could help

Again if we're going to take the bayern example their is stadium is in an extremely similar location to ours, if not more out of town. So your can forget that line of thought you've mentioned in another post.

Tbf, I only said it really doesn't help that it's so far out of town. It's a contributing factor to the poor atmosphere , but certainly not a direct excuse to it. Notice the atmosphere at Elm Park was a lot better, decent location, decent sized ground (which avoid the problems of glory hunter to an extent) etc

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 15:35

Coppells Lost Coat
URZZZZ

Is it down to them to control other peoples actions?
You are always gunna get the odd knob head every now and then. If it continues to attract people wanting to be nobs then yes it will have to be looked at. See it more often at away games tbf though, which you prefer to go to.

I do agree that you'll get those knobs wherever you go and yeah, you do see more at away games. But I was generally referring to the atmosphere at away games being more natural

Is it down to them? I think not at first. But they did it against Wigan, and now against Preston. Makes me wonder if they're actually trying to eliminate the problem

jar95

by jar95 » 04 Apr 2019 15:55

Wow - is this debate still going on? My point of view (for the little that it is worth) having sat in Club1871 for the last 3 games last year, as well as having my season ticket there this season.

I don't think anybody can deny that the atmosphere at the mad stad in previous years was dull. Singing the same old songs, and constantly being out sung by a couple of hundred away fans. Yes, the majority of this comes down to what is going on the pitch, but still it has been dreadful. In that time, a number of people have been moaning saying something has to be done to improve the atmosphere... this then leads us onto some people coming up with the idea of the club 1871 (not me btw) and starting of with a small number of people, which yes did look silly, but this had to start somewhere... having gained some good reaction from players, and those in 1871 they sold ST in there.

Admittedly this season the numbers did struggle, and yes the draw was the free alcohol for the wigan game which was helped with the result...BUT, what about the leeds game a few days after where we got taught a lesson. This didnt turn people away from it did it? Also, if the east stand is / was good with the atmosphere then why has the ED and 1871 been louder than both in recent weeks. At the end of the day, people have a choice of where they want to sit, and if it riles people up so much then they must have a pretty good life...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 16:02

jar95 Wow - is this debate still going on? My point of view (for the little that it is worth) having sat in Club1871 for the last 3 games last year, as well as having my season ticket there this season.

I don't think anybody can deny that the atmosphere at the mad stad in previous years was dull. Singing the same old songs, and constantly being out sung by a couple of hundred away fans. Yes, the majority of this comes down to what is going on the pitch, but still it has been dreadful. In that time, a number of people have been moaning saying something has to be done to improve the atmosphere... this then leads us onto some people coming up with the idea of the club 1871 (not me btw) and starting of with a small number of people, which yes did look silly, but this had to start somewhere... having gained some good reaction from players, and those in 1871 they sold ST in there.

Admittedly this season the numbers did struggle, and yes the draw was the free alcohol for the wigan game which was helped with the result...BUT, what about the leeds game a few days after where we got taught a lesson. This didnt turn people away from it did it? Also, if the east stand is / was good with the atmosphere then why has the ED and 1871 been louder than both in recent weeks. At the end of the day, people have a choice of where they want to sit, and if it riles people up so much then they must have a pretty good life...

At the end of the day, people have a choice to say what they want about matters such as this, and if it riles people up so much then they have a pretty good life...

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 04 Apr 2019 16:07

I think 'URZZZZ' needs to get himself a job or a hobby - look how many times he/she has commented on the matter!

Imagine getting this wound up over where people decide to sit at a football stadium

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Apr 2019 16:11

26-10-06 I think 'URZZZZ' needs to get himself a job or a hobby - look how many times he/she has commented on the matter!

Imagine getting this wound up over where people decide to sit at a football stadium

Mate, there are people with 20 times my posts in about one fifth of the time. A really pointless argument summed up by a drip of a person

I'm not wound up. I'm stating my opinion. If you don't like it, stick it

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 04 Apr 2019 16:13

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ

Jesus you're being dense. We're literally in the process of giving it a go. It hasn't even been running for a season yet and there were plenty of knobs on here moaning about it 2 games in. How is that giving it a go? The fact that the initiative has coincided with the worst on pitch performances in recent times hasn't helped but its testament how successful its been. It appears the last few games it's been garning support and perhaps it will eventually snow ball into something like Bayerns atmosphere where its throughout the ground.

I didn't moan about it two games in. Two games isn't giving it a go. But we're now 25 games or whatever in and there's been a good atmosphere in about 1 game so far. Results shouldn't have any impact. Look at Leeds, before this season they've been meandering in mid table and still maintained a decent atmosphere. Then look at City. Winning trophy after trophy, and it's like a library at the Etihad. It could snow ball into something like Bayern's atmosphere. I don't think it will , you may think it might. Cool

"Complete nonsense" yet the majority of opposing teams says the Madejski is the worst atmosphere in the league. I think we could try something. I put my hands up and admit saying there's no alternative was a nonsense statement. But it's a lose-lose situation the way it's currently run. We either have a sparse south stand or a sparse east stand. Because let's be honest, the majority who sit in the south stand have come from the east. Could we re-locate it to the East Stand? Do you think that could help

Again if we're going to take the bayern example their is stadium is in an extremely similar location to ours, if not more out of town. So your can forget that line of thought you've mentioned in another post.

Tbf, I only said it really doesn't help that it's so far out of town. It's a contributing factor to the poor atmosphere , but certainly not a direct excuse to it. Notice the atmosphere at Elm Park was a lot better, decent location, decent sized ground (which avoid the problems of glory hunter to an extent) etc

This is such a reductive argument. Yes I'm sure now if we played in a 6000 seater stadium in the 4th tier we would have a better atmosphere. Unfortunately were in the championship in a new build 24,000 seater stadium.

I really don't get your argument. The atmosphere was shit/is shit. Everyone unanimously agrees on this. If the east stand and organic atmosphere was working then club 1871 wouldn't exist. We agree on this as well.
The only alternative you've offered up is to do nothing and moan about how shit the atmosphere is at home games and therefore only go to away games. It doesn't really make any sense.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 04 Apr 2019 16:16

URZZZZ
26-10-06 I think 'URZZZZ' needs to get himself a job or a hobby - look how many times he/she has commented on the matter!

Mate, there are people with 20 times my posts in about one fifth of the time. A really pointless argument summed up by a drip of a person

I'm not wound up. I'm stating my opinion. If you don't like it, stick it

I mean, you don't sound wound up at all, do you?!

2100 posts