Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Bigtimmeh

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Bigtimmeh » 28 Nov 2019 16:00

Forbury Lion
URZZZZZZZZ I was cringing at the ‘We all hate Leeds scum’ chanting today, embarrassing.

I was disappointed by the Jimmy Saville chants from Club1871

I agree I thought they were a bit unnecessary too. As is always the case not everyone was singing that but it was still a reasonable number but stuff like that happens people always get carried away. Thought the Leeds response was also bad but perhaps understandable given 1871 bought it up.

I can see the logic of switching the side of South stand so 1871 is next to y26 but I think the people who are still in y26 want to be next to away fans but not in 1871 so I'm sure there would be some resistance... There have been a couple of occasions where songs have spread from 1871 to y26 surely this is what the aim is..
Last edited by Bigtimmeh on 28 Nov 2019 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Nov 2019 16:33

Barney
You mean like when Leeds sing "We are the champions, champions of Europe".

A competiton they have NEVER won.

Not many fans sing/chant about their team winning a competition....when they haven't. Or are they still harping on about their 1975 loss to Bayern Munich.? Lost on the night. Didn't even score a goal. But hey...they then continue to chant that they DID win it, even though they lost.

Now THAT is embarrassing.

This really is a terrific post. It's sort of like Mourinho-level arrogance portrayed through a terrace chant.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Nov 2019 16:39

If the point of Club 1871 is still to support the players, improve the atmosphere etc etc with positive chants/singing/clapping and not to antagonise the away fans/have a sing song with the away fans then why do they need to be sat in the away end next season?

Why not make the Club 1871 area a section of the ED stand or the East Stand furthest from the away fans.... you will still get a number of fans who go for the banter with away fans chanting down that end plus you get some positive atmosphere down the other end in the new club 1871 area.

You can even extend the away end again and allow the club to take as much money from the visitors through additional ticket sales.

Only negative is ST holders in the new Club 1871 area may wish to relocate, in which case they should be given first pics elsewhere

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 28 Nov 2019 16:59

Forbury Lion If the point of Club 1871 is still to support the players, improve the atmosphere etc etc with positive chants/singing/clapping and not to antagonise the away fans/have a sing song with the away fans then why do they need to be sat in the away end next season?

Why not make the Club 1871 area a section of the ED stand or the East Stand furthest from the away fans.... you will still get a number of fans who go for the banter with away fans chanting down that end plus you get some positive atmosphere down the other end in the new club 1871 area.

You can even extend the away end again and allow the club to take as much money from the visitors through additional ticket sales.

Only negative is ST holders in the new Club 1871 area may wish to relocate, in which case they should be given first pics elsewhere

Honestly, you have to wonder about people still flogging the same dead horse.

The club and players don't want extra away fans. They don't want to allocate any more tickets to away fans than the legal minimum required. They want away fan chants behind the goal to be diluted by home chants. In theory, Y26 being beside the away fans should have done that dilution - in practice - possibly because of acoustics, or the age profile of Y26, it wasn't happening.

I could see some logic to swapping the away fans over to the other side of the South stand, if the logistics could be managed. But nothing whatsoever is good about moving them to the North Stand.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Nov 2019 17:34

muirinho The club and players don't want extra away fans.
Do you have a source for this claim?
I can see logic in either decision, I guess it would be more clear cut if the ground was a sellout week in week out - home fans are more profitable than away fans (no away fan is going to spend big in the megatstore) and you build up your customer base.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Nov 2019 17:42

Forbury Lion
I can see logic in either decision, I guess it would be more clear cut if the ground was a sellout week in week out - home fans are more profitable than away fans (no away fan is going to spend big in the megatstore) and you build up your customer base.

I don’t have a link but IIRC, a lot of the players came out last year in support of less away fans, Moore would be one of the players which springs to mind. Also the club continuing with the idea would suggest they don’t want extra away fans.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 28 Nov 2019 23:55

https://youtu.be/LRD7P8l478s you can see when they score bamford having a bit of a go at 1871... They clearly got to him...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Nov 2019 07:55

Bigtimmeh https://youtu.be/LRD7P8l478s you can see when they score bamford having a bit of a go at 1871... They clearly got to him...

or his team had just scored a last minute winner and would have done it to any supporters...........

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Nov 2019 08:48

Old Man Andrews
Bigtimmeh https://youtu.be/LRD7P8l478s you can see when they score bamford having a bit of a go at 1871... They clearly got to him...

or his team had just scored a last minute winner and would have done it to any supporters...........

He got similar taunts last year as well, tbf.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Nov 2019 12:15

muirinho
Forbury Lion If the point of Club 1871 is still to support the players, improve the atmosphere etc etc with positive chants/singing/clapping and not to antagonise the away fans/have a sing song with the away fans then why do they need to be sat in the away end next season?

Honestly, you have to wonder about people still flogging the same dead horse.

The club and players don't want extra away fans. They don't want to allocate any more tickets to away fans than the legal minimum required. They want away fan chants behind the goal to be diluted by home chants. In theory, Y26 being beside the away fans should have done that dilution - in practice - possibly because of acoustics, or the age profile of Y26, it wasn't happening.

I could see some logic to swapping the away fans over to the other side of the South stand, if the logistics could be managed. But nothing whatsoever is good about moving them to the North Stand.

Agreed - not sure why anyone is struggling with this concept. Away fans get 2200 or whatever it is and that is your lot. Additional ticket monies is obviously not required. Why give an advantage to the opposition. Not rocket science.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2019 12:40

Wouldn`t have thought extra revenue from away fans is top of the owners priorities, if it was they would have dumped twenty`s plenty a long time ago.
The last thing we need is up to 4000 noisy away fans turning it into in effect a home game for them, no other clubs do it, why the hell should we?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Nov 2019 12:42

Yes said to my mate when they were taunting him that he would give it big if he/they scored.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Nov 2019 14:26

Made a comment to my Dad Tuesday night that the good thing with Club 1871 is that it's stopping giving 4k allocation to away fans. We would have been drowned out Tuesday, the atmosphere at home games has increased massively and we should want to keep it that way.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 29 Nov 2019 14:33

Barney
URZZZZZZZZ I was cringing at the ‘We all hate Leeds scum’ chanting today, embarrassing.

You mean like when Leeds sing "We are the champions, champions of Europe".

A competiton they have NEVER won.

Not many fans sing/chant about their team winning a competition....when they haven't. Or are they still harping on about their 1975 loss to Bayern Munich.? Lost on the night. Didn't even score a goal. But hey...they then continue to chant that they DID win it, even though they lost.

Now THAT is embarrassing.

Agreed that is embarrassing too.

The Reading fans singing that they hate Leeds is embarrassing for two reasons:

A. Singing that song plays completely into the narrative that Leeds fans are arrogant. They love to be hated, and in there book it’s a positive that so many clubs sing about them.

B. The Reading fans who sang it decided to pipe up during a period where the Leeds fans were very quiet, and all it succeeded in doing is rallying them to get singing again.

jar95

by jar95 » 29 Nov 2019 14:46

Forbury Lion

Listen to EPR latest interview with Moore, specifically mentions he thought it was crazy that away fans had such a big allocation and that they were a wall of noise, even in Stam's PO season

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 29 Nov 2019 15:28

I admire the optimism of the collective critiquing of l'club1871 and the belief that a) there is some kind of strategic approach to song singing by football fans who have a couple of cheeky slurps and b) give a sh1t what anyone else thinks :P

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Nov 2019 16:42

LWJ Made a comment to my Dad Tuesday night that the good thing with Club 1871 is that it's stopping giving 4k allocation to away fans. We would have been drowned out Tuesday, the atmosphere at home games has increased massively and we should want to keep it that way.

Absolutely. Only ones who moant abou this are the ones who wanted Club 1871 to fail.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 29 Nov 2019 17:45

windermereROYAL Wouldn`t have thought extra revenue from away fans is top of the owners priorities, if it was they would have dumped twenty`s plenty a long time ago.
The last thing we need is up to 4000 noisy away fans turning it into in effect a home game for them, no other clubs do it, why the hell should we?

Because we can’t sell our own tickets so might as well offer them to away fans.

If you moved C1871 to ED stand, you’d more likely get 2 singing sections - C1871 are limited to 2000 fans where they are now but could increase in size if they moved to ED, hence increasing noise levels. Plus - spurs the players on in the 2nd half. Don’t think it’s a stupid suggestion/dead horse at all personally

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 29 Nov 2019 21:27

I've been in left side of the South Stand / Club 1871 from the start and enjoyed it from the begining although getting beat by Ipswich with about 50 people was a bit embarassing. It's good to see so many folk spending time moaning / critising knowing all their efforts will make no difference at all : ). Long Live Club 1871 !!!!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Dec 2019 12:24

Jackson Corner Why can'y club 1871 not be in Y26? Why not just put some sort of line where standing will be aloud? That way the away end
gets filled which improves the atmosphere IMO plus the club would make more money?

Because it would displace existing STHs who don't want to be part of it and wouldn't have nearly the atmosphere impact because a corner is atrocious for acoustics.

Plus most games have fewer than 2000 away fans, those with 3/4 thousand are few and far between.

You're basically handing the atmosphere to the away team.

You don't have to join us, but you don't get to move us any more than we get to move you.

2100 posts