2100 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by windermereROYAL » 06 Sep 2022 10:43

John Smith
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Zero of this sort of thing please. Hope it hasn't put her off attending games.

Was bound to happen sooner or later with our oxf*rd element regularly bringing in and setting off flares. Pcunts.

Time for Club1871 to go once and for all - issues such as this are becoming a weekly occurrence and our revenue is suffering as a result.

One voice in the wilderness, give up now your bum chum has gone, but no doubt he will be back soon enough.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Sep 2022 10:51

So the alleged flare exploded, did anyone see smoke in the away end? let's condemn our fans (or one fucking idiot just because one fan said it happened, if there is proof let us see it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Sep 2022 12:35

John Smith
Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Zero of this sort of thing please. Hope it hasn't put her off attending games.

Was bound to happen sooner or later with our oxf*rd element regularly bringing in and setting off flares. Pcunts.

Time for Club1871 to go once and for all - issues such as this are becoming a weekly occurrence and our revenue is suffering as a result.

It's far more away. Perhaps we should ban our supporters from travelling. Moron.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Sep 2022 12:58

windermereROYAL So the alleged flare exploded, did anyone see smoke in the away end? let's condemn our fans (or one fucking idiot just because one fan said it happened, if there is proof let us see it.

I know 2 RFC fans sat in different areas of the ground who saw the blue smoke.
Beyond that I know nothing, but seems likely something was chucked into the away section.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Sep 2022 13:19

windermereROYAL So the alleged flare exploded, did anyone see smoke in the away end? let's condemn our fans (or one fucking idiot just because one fan said it happened, if there is proof let us see it.

I smelled phosphorous from where I was sat, then two very agitated Stoke fans came to remonstrate. They wouldn't have done that out of the blue at midday on a Sunday so let's all open our eyes please. Added to the fact that substantial revenue is being lost due to this farcical charade (not least within themselves with the flags going missing! :lol: )

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Sep 2022 15:57

John Smith

I smelled phosphorous from where I was sat, then two very agitated Stoke fans came to remonstrate. They wouldn't have done that out of the blue at midday on a Sunday so let's all open our eyes please. Added to the fact that substantial revenue is being lost due to this farcical charade (not least within themselves with the flags going missing! :lol: )

So you want to take away the only atmosphere we have and replace it with 4000 screaming away fans? essentially making it a home game for them.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Sep 2022 16:28

windermereROYAL So you want to take away the only atmosphere we have and replace it with 4000 screaming away fans? essentially making it a home game for them.

If those people make such a good atmosphere as you believe, they can do it elsewhere in the ground. We are in an economic crisis and do not need a hooligan image to further compound matters.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Sep 2022 17:29

windermereROYAL
John Smith

So you want to take away the only atmosphere we have and replace it with 4000 screaming away fans? essentially making it a home game for them.

Quite. And there won't be that many games where the additional income comes from travelling supporters. Even Stoke had a very low turn out due to SkySports.

Furthermore, our 'economic crisis' (in the eyes of the EFL not the owner) won't be helped if get relegated due to worse results at home. There is no doubt in my mind that the creation of Club 1871 has helped improve the level of vocal home support and not just in that section either.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Sep 2022 18:19

John Smith
windermereROYAL So you want to take away the only atmosphere we have and replace it with 4000 screaming away fans? essentially making it a home game for them.

If those people make such a good atmosphere as you believe, they can do it elsewhere in the ground. We are in an economic crisis and do not need a hooligan image to further compound matters.

As far as I can see you are the only arguing against it, continue on your lonely vigil

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 08 Sep 2022 14:58

I feel that club1871 should continue having spoken to a few people recently since I've been on a mental health pilgrimage

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Sep 2022 16:56

John Smith

If there is a ‘hooligan element’ it would be there if you moved C1871 elsewhere in the ground.
You seem to be arguing with yourself.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Sep 2022 17:01

Nameless
John Smith

If there is a ‘hooligan element’ it would be there if you moved C1871 elsewhere in the ground.
You seem to be arguing with yourself.

I think the element would be home fans mixing/winding up away fans and vice versa.

Not to say hooligans wouldn't exist in just the home fans though.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Nov 2022 21:05

Absolutely abysmal tonight. No passion and no noise and being outsung by Preston.

Shame because I was warming up to the idea of keeping them.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 04 Nov 2022 22:46

To be fair there is not a set of fans in the country that would be up for that first half performance. Not even one shot on goal,or anything to get remotely excited about.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Nov 2022 08:46

Loafer Absolutely abysmal tonight. No passion and no noise and being outsung by Preston.

When did you last go to a game ?

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 05 Nov 2022 10:45

Nameless
Loafer Absolutely abysmal tonight. No passion and no noise and being outsung by Preston.

Why does that matter and why is it relevant to this?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 Nov 2022 10:52

Nameless

Hasn't been for years. Probably never went back after the end of his ban for fighting.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Nov 2022 11:38

Pizza HT prize sent to 1871, row D all the kids came charging down from the back to sit there, pretty pathetic tbf.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Nov 2022 11:55

I thought they were pretty good, particularly given that everyone in the SCL could've been excused for falling asleep during the first half.

Also I saw a tweet from a Preston fan saying how good they (C1871) were!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Nov 2022 12:08

RoyalBlue

I thought they were pretty good, particularly given that everyone in the SCL could've been excused for falling asleep during the first half.

Also I saw a tweet from a Preston fan saying how good they (C1871) were!

You shouldn`t rise to it mate.

2100 posts