Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sheff Utd (H) Cup

by Barney » 06 Feb 2020 14:44

Yet another thread ruined :x

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2020 14:45

Barney Yet another thread ruined :x

By talking about our up coming FA Cup fixture against Sheffield United in a thread about the upcoming game against Sheffield United and the FA Cup? There isn't a thread for it in the team board yet.

Clown.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Feb 2020 14:51

Honestly, I give up. You're never going to change.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 06 Feb 2020 15:22

Old Man Andrews That is 100% genuine, I absolutely do not want Premier League football. I remember the last time we went up, it was horrific. Stadium full with Liverpool, United fans in the home sections, massive price hikes for away games, less games. I love the Championship, it's a really exciting league. Who really wants to see us get promoted and thumped every week?

But, do you want L*eds to be promoted? Before you say they won't be thumped every week, who is to say they won't be and who is to say that we would get thumped every week, we were not in our first season in the premier league. Please do not say it is a FACT, as your opinion is not one until after it has happened.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 06 Feb 2020 15:24

No, dear boy, I am not a clown, idiot or any name you will be calling me. No, I will not go away either!

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 06 Feb 2020 15:27

I shall be at this one too. Not sure whether to sit with the noizy boys in Y22, or like, be an adult elsewhere.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2020 15:28

The Royal Forester
Old Man Andrews That is 100% genuine, I absolutely do not want Premier League football. I remember the last time we went up, it was horrific. Stadium full with Liverpool, United fans in the home sections, massive price hikes for away games, less games. I love the Championship, it's a really exciting league. Who really wants to see us get promoted and thumped every week?

But, do you want L*eds to be promoted? Before you say they won't be thumped every week, who is to say they won't be and who is to say that we would get thumped every week, we were not in our first season in the premier league. Please do not say it is a FACT, as your opinion is not one until after it has happened.

I don't want Leeds to be promoted, I just think they will be and a club of that size should be in the top league.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Feb 2020 15:28

skipper I shall be at this one too. Not sure whether to sit with the noizy boys in Y22, or like, be an adult elsewhere.

West Stand Skip. Watch the game in comfort away from the riff raff.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Feb 2020 15:51

genome Honestly, I give up. You're never going to change.

You've said this too many times before! When he's being an idiot, just don't respond to him. He craves the attention that you and others give him

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Feb 2020 16:13

To be fair, playoffs are quite unlikely now so for that reason alone this is likely to be an important match for us.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 Feb 2020 16:16

Old Man Andrews
Barney Yet another thread ruined :x

By talking about our up coming FA Cup fixture against Sheffield United in a thread about the upcoming game against Sheffield United and the FA Cup? There isn't a thread for it in the team board yet.

Clown.

You crack on sunshine. Your posts are an excellent read. Concise, level-headed, and always full of sense and deep football knowledge.

Unlike you, I won't lower myself to name calling. You out and out muppet.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Feb 2020 16:22

It can’t be the most important game for 5 years.
It must be the most important game since Tuesday,
You can’t win the FA cup without winning the 4th round can you ?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 06 Feb 2020 17:26

If Relegation is almost mathematical out of the question why not play the "FA Cup" team in the two matches (Wigan and Barnsley at home) in the seven days prior to the Sheffield United game and play the best eleven in the FA cup? This way the "fringe/younger" players will get game time, and give us more chance of getting to the next round.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Feb 2020 17:29

The Royal Forester If Relegation is almost mathematical out of the question why not play the "FA Cup" team in the two matches (Wigan and Barnsley at home) in the seven days prior to the Sheffield United game and play the best eleven in the FA cup? This way the "fringe/younger" players will get game time, and give us more chance of getting to the next round.

How will relegation be almost mathematically out of the question in 5 games?

We're only 9 points off relegation.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Feb 2020 17:31

I really hope this does get a proper big crowd, not some 11k travesty

Looking forward to it

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Feb 2020 17:42

At least the ticket pricing is good. Going further in the Cup will be a fair reward for Bowen's tenure so far.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Feb 2020 23:09

I am IN for this x3

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Feb 2020 21:16

Not going to this one. 8)

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 08 Feb 2020 21:47

Hendo
The Royal Forester If Relegation is almost mathematical out of the question why not play the "FA Cup" team in the two matches (Wigan and Barnsley at home) in the seven days prior to the Sheffield United game and play the best eleven in the FA cup? This way the "fringe/younger" players will get game time, and give us more chance of getting to the next round.

How will relegation be almost mathematically out of the question in 5 games?

We're only 9 points off relegation.

Fair enough. May I change the first sentence to start "If we are in a reasonable position, away from the relegation zone, why not play" etc.

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 10 Feb 2020 21:09

I'm with this view - would far rather chase FA glory, however unlikely than Premier League football............failing gallantly but being close to the PO's is Ok but not promotion............cannon fodder is not fun :D