Back to the Mad Stad

302 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by Royals and Racers » 01 Dec 2020 17:26

Hound if theres only 2k people, pretty sure they can spread people a lot wider than every other seat

They are only opening the lower bit.
Edit sure i read it but can’t find it now.
Last edited by Royals and Racers on 01 Dec 2020 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Dec 2020 17:38

windermereROYAL
RoyalBlue
so every supporter will sit a minimum of 1m apart with every other seat sold in any single row, to create a chess board-like chequered pattern across the stand.

Am I missing something here or have they dramatically increased the size of the seats whilst we've been away? I don't recall our seats being a metre wide, even allowing for the fittings/supports. Only the posh seats in the Upper West enjoy that level of wide seats and spacing!

Well a metre is around 3 feet so no you haven`t. but the seat in front is unoccpied, if you are not facing the person next to you it`s not really an issue.
I will be wearing a face covering too.

Glad that at least some (the considerate) will be wearing face coverings

But they really shouldn't be claiming that they're ensuring 1M spacing if they are not. And isn't 1M is regarded as a minimum, rather than the ideal, particularly if people are likely to be shouting/chanting at times?

Personally I think they should have played safe(r) and made more use of all of the seats that are available to them in the East Stand. However, the typical wishy washy guidance from the Government will ensure that they are able to direct the blame at the clubs and supporters, rather than hold their own hands up, should this initiative lead to another increase in cases.

Needle

by Needle » 01 Dec 2020 18:27

RoyalBlue Glad that at least some (the considerate) will be wearing face coverings

They're compulsory so even the inconsiderate will be wearing them.

Bought my seats using the mobile site and couldn't for the life of me work out how to select the print at home option.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Dec 2020 19:45

Royals and Racers
Hound if theres only 2k people, pretty sure they can spread people a lot wider than every other seat

You are totally wrong, the available seats are all in the upper half !

In terms of RB and the 1m thing, in England the rule is 1m if you have mitigation, so obviously making masks compulsory gives you that.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 01 Dec 2020 20:13

Anyone know if there are going to be any tickets left when they go on sale to those with >3000 points tomorrow?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Dec 2020 20:23

wingnut Anyone know if there are going to be any tickets left when they go on sale to those with >3000 points tomorrow?

I think there will be. Sure I saw online somewhere that we don't actually have more than 2,000 supporters who were able to buy tickets today, thus guaranteeing availability for tomorrow.

The Cube

by The Cube » 01 Dec 2020 20:27

Royals and Racers

Getreading / Berkshire live says only the lower bit. But they're wrong - it's only the upper bit.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Dec 2020 20:42

Hendo
wingnut Anyone know if there are going to be any tickets left when they go on sale to those with >3000 points tomorrow?

I think there will be. Sure I saw online somewhere that we don't actually have more than 2,000 supporters who were able to buy tickets today, thus guaranteeing availability for tomorrow.

I think it’s logical they set today’s buying criteria at 2000 eligible fans, no reason todo anything else really.
I think there will be a reasonable number for the lower echelon of our support.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 01 Dec 2020 21:27

My understanding is there is about 6000 people who have paid their retainer before the cut off point and anyone who qualified to buy today would be guaranteed a ticket. Happy to be corrected if wrong though

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Dec 2020 21:32

Hendo
John Madejski's Wallet
Nameless
Ever tried getting a refund on a lottery ticket if you don’t win ?

The ST retainer payment was pretty widely publicised, I got emails from the club and it was talked about on here.

I honestly never had an email

Also, what happened to my ST that rolled over from last year? How was that not a retainer? :?

I only got 1 e-mail, but that might be because I did it straight away.

JMW - you might want to check you're e-mail settings that it doesn't either go into junk or the club have the wrong e-mail address for you?
It was widely discussed on here and was on all social media as well, tbh. You did well to miss it.

The ST which rolled over from last year is/was the retainer. You just had to do it by 2nd October. Full FAQs are here - https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/faq.html

If last season tolled over doesn't that mean it automatically became the retainer before the cut off?

I assumed by doing absolutely nothing it would all roll over fine

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Dec 2020 22:45

Still shit loads of seats available tomorrow. the online queue will be busy at 10.00. get in there early.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Dec 2020 01:18

John Madejski's Wallet
Hendo
John Madejski's Wallet I honestly never had an email

Also, what happened to my ST that rolled over from last year? How was that not a retainer? :?

I only got 1 e-mail, but that might be because I did it straight away.

JMW - you might want to check you're e-mail settings that it doesn't either go into junk or the club have the wrong e-mail address for you?
It was widely discussed on here and was on all social media as well, tbh. You did well to miss it.

The ST which rolled over from last year is/was the retainer. You just had to do it by 2nd October. Full FAQs are here - https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/faq.html

If last season tolled over doesn't that mean it automatically became the retainer before the cut off?

I assumed by doing absolutely nothing it would all roll over fine

No, the retainer was the £60.
If you rolled over the value of the games you couldn’t attend last season hat didn’t mean you had decided to commit to a season ticket for this season, just that you had credit which you could use in some way at some point.
If the club had assumed you wanted to use that credit to pay for this season we’d have people complaining that their money had been stolen !
It was really clearly laid out on the website that you had to actively apply to retain your ST and I got at least 1 email.
I can see that for people who perhaps had other priorities at the time it might have not registered, but I thought it was very clearly spelled out. I doubt there is much can be done now though, which is a shame for those who might miss out.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 08:10

windermereROYAL Still shit loads of seats available tomorrow. the online queue will be busy at 10.00. get in there early.

Looking to buy for Brum midweek. Can you only access tickets online at 10am? Out in calls tomorrow so going to be stuffed.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Dec 2020 09:41

Zip
windermereROYAL Still shit loads of seats available tomorrow. the online queue will be busy at 10.00. get in there early.

Looking to buy for Brum midweek. Can you only access tickets online at 10am? Out in calls tomorrow so going to be stuffed.

From 10 am tomorrow- but you have all day to purchase before the fans who had tickets for the Forest game can apply from 10am Friday- i reckon you will still get one if you try late on Thursday

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 09:47

Royals and Racers
Zip

From 10 am tomorrow- but you have all day to purchase before the fans who had tickets for the Forest game can apply from 10am Friday- i reckon you will still get one if you try late on Thursday

I’m going to be in the car during the day so will take our member cards and do this over the phone.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 02 Dec 2020 10:15

Anyone else seeing this message?

Sorry, you cannot buy any more tickets to event Reading v Nottingham Forest 05/12/2020 12:30.
Please check the selling criteria for this match and if the ticket owners are eligible.

I haven’t bought a ticket yet. I have over 3,900 points & paid the renewal fee.

Can’t get through on the phone. Very annoying.

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 02 Dec 2020 10:25

Huckleberry Hound Anyone else seeing this message?

Sorry, you cannot buy any more tickets to event Reading v Nottingham Forest 05/12/2020 12:30.
Please check the selling criteria for this match and if the ticket owners are eligible.

I haven’t bought a ticket yet. I have over 3,900 points & paid the renewal fee.

Can’t get through on the phone. Very annoying.

Magically, after 15 minutes of refreshing, cancelling & reselecting, the message disappeared.
Ticket sorted.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2020 10:27

I'm getting the same error message, I'll keep trying to refresh.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 02 Dec 2020 10:30

Yep I had exactly the same problem and only resolved it by going to my points total page to confirm (to myself) that I had the requisite number and then back to my basket. Also, I wasn’t able to select the option to print my tickets at home and was only given the option to have them posted.
Usual Reading FC ticketing shambles in other words

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2020 10:32

Got mine purchased, cheekily tried to see if I could get one for my nephew as well but the system accurately knows he has less then 3k points. No surprise really when my dad and I only just have over 3000

302 posts