Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by Royals and Racers » 02 Dec 2020 10:46

I reckon about 300 left to sell mainly in Y 19 and Y 25

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Dec 2020 10:50

Theroyalbox Does anyone know if there will be Beer?

Yes- and the answer is NO

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Dec 2020 12:07

Nameless
John Madejski's Wallet
Hendo
I only got 1 e-mail, but that might be because I did it straight away.

JMW - you might want to check you're e-mail settings that it doesn't either go into junk or the club have the wrong e-mail address for you?
It was widely discussed on here and was on all social media as well, tbh. You did well to miss it.

The ST which rolled over from last year is/was the retainer. You just had to do it by 2nd October. Full FAQs are here - https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/faq.html

If last season tolled over doesn't that mean it automatically became the retainer before the cut off?

I assumed by doing absolutely nothing it would all roll over fine

No, the retainer was the £60.
If you rolled over the value of the games you couldn’t attend last season hat didn’t mean you had decided to commit to a season ticket for this season, just that you had credit which you could use in some way at some point.
If the club had assumed you wanted to use that credit to pay for this season we’d have people complaining that their money had been stolen !
It was really clearly laid out on the website that you had to actively apply to retain your ST and I got at least 1 email.
I can see that for people who perhaps had other priorities at the time it might have not registered, but I thought it was very clearly spelled out. I doubt there is much can be done now though, which is a shame for those who might miss out.

Fair enough.

Like many my focus was elsewhere early in the pandemic. Only found out as my neighbour mentioned it to me (too late obvs)

Though people would never have been able to claim their money was stolen if it was rolled over as an ST retainer as clearly they could have got it back

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2020 12:28

Tickets going on sale to any ST holders who paid the retainer before Oct 2nd at 2pm, so I'll try and get a ticket for my nephew then, seat next to me and my Dad is currently still available.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Dec 2020 12:34

John Madejski's Wallet
Nameless
John Madejski's Wallet If last season tolled over doesn't that mean it automatically became the retainer before the cut off?

I assumed by doing absolutely nothing it would all roll over fine

No, the retainer was the £60.
If you rolled over the value of the games you couldn’t attend last season hat didn’t mean you had decided to commit to a season ticket for this season, just that you had credit which you could use in some way at some point.
If the club had assumed you wanted to use that credit to pay for this season we’d have people complaining that their money had been stolen !
It was really clearly laid out on the website that you had to actively apply to retain your ST and I got at least 1 email.
I can see that for people who perhaps had other priorities at the time it might have not registered, but I thought it was very clearly spelled out. I doubt there is much can be done now though, which is a shame for those who might miss out.

Fair enough.

Like many my focus was elsewhere early in the pandemic. Only found out as my neighbour mentioned it to me (too late obvs)

Though people would never have been able to claim their money was stolen if it was rolled over as an ST retainer as clearly they could have got it back

Don’t think you can get the retainer back., it’s specifically stated in the FAQ that it is non refundable....if we can’t buy a ST this season I believe the retainer carries across to next season to be credited against the 21-22 ST.
How they will deal with someone who paid the retainer but isn’t renewing fornext season I don’t know.

I would love to offer to get you a ticket, I realise what you do workwise.
I have a second ST with decent points but they do state that they may be requiring photo id on entry and I can see why they would want tickets to be only used by people for whom they have names and contact details. In normal circumstances I’dhappily buy a ticket for you but my gut feel is it’s probably not the time to do it....

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Dec 2020 12:47

Royals and Racers
Theroyalbox Does anyone know if there will be Beer?

Yes- and the answer is NO

oxf*rd pointless then. I'm out

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Dec 2020 12:47

So as I understand it, if we don`t get full capacity this season the retainer will come off of next seasons ST.
My question is, will the individual tickets you pay for this season come off of that total too? *puts on tin helmet* :D

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 02 Dec 2020 12:52

windermereROYAL So as I understand it, if we don`t get full capacity this season the retainer will come off of next seasons ST.
My question is, will the individual tickets you pay for this season come off of that total too? *puts on tin helmet* :D

All you need is here: https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/faq.html#reduced%20Capacity , now please discontinue spamming the board with unnecessary questions

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Dec 2020 13:02

John Smith
windermereROYAL So as I understand it, if we don`t get full capacity this season the retainer will come off of next seasons ST.

All you need is here: https://ticketing.readingfc.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=custom/documents/html/faq.html#reduced%20Capacity , now please discontinue spamming the board with unnecessary questions

I don`t like John Smiths .

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Dec 2020 13:20

No, because it’s a down payment on your season ticket....

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Dec 2020 13:26

Can confirm that wife's grandparents, who have secured tickets for tonight, have paid for those tickets, and that the money is not deducted from their retainer.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Dec 2020 13:38

Sanguine Can confirm that wife's grandparents, who have secured tickets for tonight, have paid for those tickets, and that the money is not deducted from their retainer.

They have been scammed then
Tonight we are away at Sheffield Wed who are Tier 3 and not allowed fans yet....

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Dec 2020 13:41

Nameless
Sanguine Can confirm that wife's grandparents, who have secured tickets for tonight, have paid for those tickets, and that the money is not deducted from their retainer.

They have been scammed then
Tonight we are away at Sheffield Wed who are Tier 3 and not allowed fans yet....

Not tonight. Saturday. Obviously.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2020 14:13

Bit of a farce to not have the ticket office phone lines open. Essentially I bought tickets for me and my dad at 10am as I wasn't sure if we'd get tickets for my nephew as well if we waited until 2pm. Now I can see space on the row behind the seats I picked but some...person has selected the seats right next to us so I want to change the tickets to the row behind.

I get that there would be limitations to the online system but surely a human would have been able to arrange that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Dec 2020 14:16

tidus_mi2 Bit of a farce to not have the ticket office phone lines open. Essentially I bought tickets for me and my dad at 10am as I wasn't sure if we'd get tickets for my nephew as well if we waited until 2pm. Now I can see space on the row behind the seats I picked but some...person has selected the seats right next to us so I want to change the tickets to the row behind.

I get that there would be limitations to the online system but surely a human would have been able to arrange that.

Just booked my tickets over the phone. Had an 8 minute wait. Y23 row EE. Parking at the stadium for a tenner.
Job done.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2020 14:17

Zip
tidus_mi2 Bit of a farce to not have the ticket office phone lines open. Essentially I bought tickets for me and my dad at 10am as I wasn't sure if we'd get tickets for my nephew as well if we waited until 2pm. Now I can see space on the row behind the seats I picked but some...person has selected the seats right next to us so I want to change the tickets to the row behind.

Just booked my tickets over the phone. Had an 8 minute wait. Y23 row EE. Parking at the stadium for a tenner.
Job done.

Every time I try to call they just disconnect me. :x

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 02 Dec 2020 14:17

IN! x 2

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Dec 2020 14:18

I'm on hold this time.