Back to the Mad Stad

302 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back to the Mad Stad

by Nameless » 03 Dec 2020 15:03

RoyalBlue
Hendo
hughsies no.1 I really hope we sell those last remaining 80 tickets!

Imagine not being able to sell out 2,000 home tickets after no crowds for 9 months and we are 4th in the league :shock:

It's not like there is a major global even going one that would make people think twice about going or anything...

Exactly this. Proof that football isn't more important than life or death. Perhaps people are also concerned that the club aren't spacing supporters out as much as they could/should.

Charlton ran one of the pilot schemes and had supporters back again yesterday. Judging from the TV pictures, they were using more than one stand and were spacing their fans out far more than Reading appear to be proposing to do.

If we are spacing fans according to the rules on what basis are you suggesting we should make up our own rules and increase the spacing ?
It’s not RFC who decide how close people can be, it’s the licensing authority.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 03 Dec 2020 15:24

Can't believe it is being suggested people aren't purchasing tickets because of concerns that RFC aren't socially distancing the seats enough... :shock: I am sure the Club are meeting all the measures that need to be in place for the safe return of fans.

I understand that there will be some reservations (particularly from those more vulnerable) to going to football which is understandable. Even so, you would have thought after 9 months of no football and our team being 4th in the league that we could muster 2,000 fans for a Saturday lunchtime kick off...

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Dec 2020 15:37

hughsies no.1 Can't believe it is being suggested people aren't purchasing tickets because of concerns that RFC aren't socially distancing the seats enough... :shock: I am sure the Club are meeting all the measures that need to be in place for the safe return of fans.

I understand that there will be some reservations (particularly from those more vulnerable) to going to football which is understandable. Even so, you would have thought after 9 months of no football and our team being 4th in the league that we could muster 2,000 fans for a Saturday lunchtime kick off...

It depends though, doesn't it.

Say 6,000 people have paid the retainer, seen that number mentioned somewhere.

Only 3,000 of those have the required number of points (it is quite a high point threshold, I'm only just there and I've had a season ticket and been to cup and away games over the last 10 years).

It isn't inconceivable that 1,000 to 1,500 people of that group aren't willing to go to an event while a pandemic is still going on, considering;

a) I expect the majority of fans with the points required are probably older fans who have been going for a long time and as such are probably more cautious about going outside to an event like this

b) even if there are younger fans who do qualify, they may be shielding someone who is more vulnerable/doesn't want to get COVID (this is where I currently fall under)

c) people are still going to have to travel to get to the game, not everyone has a car, and public transport isn't the safest or the most readily available at this current time

d) its on TV, so why take the risk where there will be plenty of other games to go to this season

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Dec 2020 16:32

They extended it to 4.30pm- now OFF sale- i know at one late stage just 16 remained.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Dec 2020 16:40

Didnt buy for Forest as wanted to go to Brum instead. And had made other plans as assumed I wouldnt get a ticket

Anyway roll on next Weds, looking forward to it

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 03 Dec 2020 18:35

Why can`t Reading FC proof read before posting- from the website posted 2 hours ago- ref Birmingham game.

Thursday 3rd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline (excluding any supporters who got tickets for our Nottingham Forest fixture)
Friday 4th December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline (excluding any supporters who got tickets for our Nottingham Forest fixture)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Dec 2020 20:28

Watching the Arsenal game tonight, supporters 3 seats apart and the rows in front and behind empty, I feel the club have been very irresponsible here. the east stand is plenty big enough to give the fans more space.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Dec 2020 20:50

windermereROYAL Watching the Arsenal game tonight, supporters 3 seats apart and the rows in front and behind empty, I feel the club have been very irresponsible here. the east stand is plenty big enough to give the fans more space.

I don’t get why we all have to be in one stand.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Dec 2020 21:04

Zip
windermereROYAL Watching the Arsenal game tonight, supporters 3 seats apart and the rows in front and behind empty, I feel the club have been very irresponsible here. the east stand is plenty big enough to give the fans more space.

Yes that did cross my mind too.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Dec 2020 22:01

Zip

Would assume it limits the need for a lot of stewards and cleaners and other sanitising stations.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Dec 2020 22:07

What benefit would there be in spreading 2000 people out even more ?
The current arrangements are as required.
What evidence isn’t there that spreading people out further than required is any safer ?
We’ll all be wearing masks and I know I will be safer at the game than I am for 7.5 hours each day at work....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Dec 2020 22:19

Nameless What benefit would there be in spreading 2000 people out even more ?
What evidence isn’t there that spreading people out further than required is any safer ?
We’ll all be wearing masks and I know I will be safer at the game than I am for 7.5 hours each day at work....

Obviously social distancing is a lot easier if we are more spread about.

Delboy

by Delboy » 04 Dec 2020 06:27

M4 closed diversion on A33 spells disaster travel early

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2020 07:01

Delboy M4 closed diversion on A33 spells disaster travel early

There are a maximum of 2000 people going and not all of them will be driving. How much of a disaster are you anticipating? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Delboy

by Delboy » 04 Dec 2020 07:16

Not the 2000 fans but diverted traffic from M4 both ways down A33

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Dec 2020 07:54

I think "mild inconvenience" is the phrase you were looking for. "DISASTER" might be stretching it a bit.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 08:00

Delboy Not the 2000 fans but diverted traffic from M4 both ways down A33

Closure is between Junc 10 Winnersh to Junc 12 so A 33 not likely to be effected much, however A329m/A 3290/London rd/ Berkeley ave/Bath rd likely to be at a standstill.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Dec 2020 09:49

Reading FC A larger than usual contingent of matchday stewards will be on hand to assist supporters on Saturday, helping our fans enjoy the matchday experience in what will still feel like very unusual circumstances.

Can't wait.

Anyone know the crack on buses ? Probs get a cab.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Dec 2020 09:53

Zip
Nameless What benefit would there be in spreading 2000 people out even more ?

Obviously social distancing is a lot easier if we are more spread about.

But there is a point at which it becomes pointless to keep giving more space. If in a 7000 capacity stand with a large outside compound you can’t keep a metre from other people you probably won’t manage it in the South Dtand concourse.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Dec 2020 10:10

Royals and Racers Why can`t Reading FC proof read before posting- from the website posted 2 hours ago- ref Birmingham game.

Thursday 3rd December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline (excluding any supporters who got tickets for our Nottingham Forest fixture)
Friday 4th December, 10am: Renewing ST holders who paid their deposit by Oct 2nd deadline (excluding any supporters who got tickets for our Nottingham Forest fixture)

Looks as if above is correct and the club changed their original schedule of this morning at 10am allowing fans who brought tickets for the Forest game to buy for Birmingham.

302 posts