Catering outside Stadium

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Catering outside Stadium

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2021 16:07

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

Isn't that barely above shitting in the sink?

It is indeed.

Food Standards Agency definitions are :

5. Hygiene standards are very good
4. Hygiene standards are good
3. Hygiene standards are generally satisfactory
2. Some improvement is necessary
1. Major improvement is necessary
0. Urgent improvement is required

From what I recall a score of 1 also means the inspector also has little confidence in the current management of the catering establishment.

We once made the mistake of eating at a Lebanese restaurant in Bristol which hadn't displayed its 'Score on the Door' (it had 1 at the time) and soon realised why, as we watched a mouse happily running between the tables and right across the path of a waitress who seemed to regard it as an everyday occurrence. And no, it wasn't a hamster!

I certainly wouldn't buy food from a caterer that scores so low and I don't really understand why the club didn't use the rating to justify a red card for Compass.

I imagine anyone prepared to run a once a week catering set up for football fans requiring scores of staff is going to be hiring temps for it. Cheap temps. Who don't give a shit. Except in the sink.

Which is why blue collar was so good, because they gig around, they can use much the same people as they would normally through the week.

But yeah, if the club don't have a contract clause for poor food hygiene they need to reconsider who is looking at their contracts.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 16 Aug 2021 01:18

CATERING
For our first two home league fixtures of the season, the catering provision for home and away supporters visiting the Select Car Leasing Stadium will remain limited.

All concourses will host counters open for drinks sales pre-match, at half-time and after the final whistle, but food sales will primarily be restricted to mobile units outside of the stadium bowl for our matches against Preston North End and Bristol City.

We are delighted that football is returning to something close to normal once more, however the safety of our supporters remains paramount and to prevent the concourses becoming too congested we want to limit their primary use to being access routes to and from your seats in the stands.

Rest assured, matchday food and drink will be available for all supporters – but we ask fans to understand why the provision may remain limited on the concourses at the start of the season.

Rest assured, the matchday catering options will be expanded as the season progresses and will be subject to regular review - it is due to be reevaluated during the international break at the end of this month.

And, as always, the club would welcome your ongoing constructive feedback on this throughout the season

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2021/a ... e-you-go-/

Also, I saw that preston fans were saying that their section had stewards and catering staff from preston that they knew from home matches...no idea why, all very strange ..

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Sep 2021 12:30

The food from the current caterers is incredibly poor. Expensive, limited portion size and not great quality.

JR

by JR » 12 Sep 2021 18:22

The club apologised yesterday before the game to fans for expected delays and limited offering of the Compass outlets at upcoming games - due to staff shortages at Compass.

Indeed yesterday the level of staffing and common sense (never understood why they don’t pour 100 pints in advance of half time…) was very poor. I left my seat 2 minutes before first half ended and got beer one minute in to second half.

So not only is Compass shocking food, very expensive and poor service, they know have massive staffing issues.

Pretty sure Blue Collar would not be in this state!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 13 Sep 2021 11:18

Catering unit outside the East didn’t have any soft drinks available at half time :|

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 18 Sep 2021 14:52

Terrible last Saturday, the queues for a beer were just lolzworthy.

On the plus side, the burrito stall was fukking awesome

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Aug 2022 09:30

Can we talk about food on Saturday. For those in East Stand - Y24 etc - you could not get a burger. Nope, not one. No type of that catering was available and you were unable to walk out into a section near gate 7 or 6 to use their van.

So we had a choice of a burrito for a tenner or a pizza for a tenner..... dreary me.

Sort it out!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 08 Aug 2022 09:33

I just won`t pay the prices for neither food or drink there, have your fill before coming to the stadium, its only 2 or 3 hours if you live locally.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2022 09:43

windermereROYAL I just won`t pay the prices for neither food or drink there, have your fill before coming to the stadium, its only 2 or 3 hours if you live locally.

Just bring a flask of tea, some sandwiches and a (small) kitkat and you are sorted. Much cheaper and healthier.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Aug 2022 09:58

Nameless
windermereROYAL I just won`t pay the prices for neither food or drink there, have your fill before coming to the stadium, its only 2 or 3 hours if you live locally.

Just bring a flask of tea, some sandwiches and a (small) kitkat and you are sorted. Much cheaper and healthier.

Get what you are saying, but its football traditional fodder and my son loves a burger lol.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Aug 2022 09:58

Sorry - forgot - you could get Nacho's and cheese sauce inside stadium for £4.50. :lol:

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Aug 2022 13:03

This is one of those things where I question whether the money the club gets is really worth the bad feelings with the fans.

I mean - if they give the pitches away to food trucks presumably they could then charge £3-4 a burger or something. Would encourage more fans to get to the game earlier, might get them in a better mood before the start of the game. I don't know how much they'd lose out though.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Aug 2022 14:30

The other thing i would questions is does the pizza man actually make money. its a slow process to order, prepare, cook, cut and take..... he cant shift that many in a 15 minute window and so many people walk away because of the queues.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Aug 2022 15:11

paultheroyal The other thing i would questions is does the pizza man actually make money. its a slow process to order, prepare, cook, cut and take..... he cant shift that many in a 15 minute window and so many people walk away because of the queues.

Yeah, there was this 'craft pizza' truck at a festival I went to recently and the queue was insane as everything was made to order. I have no idea how that model makes any money.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Aug 2022 16:03

£6.10 for a pint now and no Guinness. Shocking.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 08 Aug 2022 16:06

Nameless

You will probably know nameless, are there still issues with taking water or other soft drinks into the ground?
As usual I walked rather slyly past the bloke checking bags and in the past have tucked my drink inside my coat but would prefer no to.

BTW well done to whoever at the club thought it would be a good idea to bring free glasses of water to the crowd in Y21 at half-time.
A very sensible idea for those caught in the sun trap.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Aug 2022 17:02

South Coast Royal
Nameless

You will probably know nameless, are there still issues with taking water or other soft drinks into the ground?
As usual I walked rather slyly past the bloke checking bags and in the past have tucked my drink inside my coat but would prefer no to.

BTW well done to whoever at the club thought it would be a good idea to bring free glasses of water to the crowd in Y21 at half-time.

Taking soft drinks in hasn’t been a problem ever AFAIK. There was a thing years ago where they removed lids from bottles but that stopped a long time ago.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Aug 2022 17:21

Nameless
South Coast Royal
Nameless

Taking soft drinks in hasn’t been a problem ever AFAIK. There was a thing years ago where they removed lids from bottles but that stopped a long time ago.

That's good to hear, although doubtless Compass will kick up a stink again if too many people start doing it and they can't shift their terribly overpriced product offering.

The removing lids time (for 'safety reasons') completely lacked logic, given that at the same time the concourse outlets were happily selling bottles with the lids still screwed firmly on. Mind you, easily countered with a spare bottle top in your pocket!

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 08 Aug 2022 17:28

Was on my way to the Fan Zone about 2.15 on Saturday to be met by a couple of mates coming the other way saying it was a 20 minute queue for the beer, so we went into the south stand for a beer, I bought two pints of Amstel and they were virtually undrinkable, it was only the thought of the queue that meant I had to drink them.

I reckon on 4 occasions last year I took a pint back because it was undrinkable, usually due to a horrible chemical taste or weird carbonation, no idea but its tastes foul. I saw two other people take theirs back on Saturday.

Cant understand why more people dont moan about this?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Aug 2022 22:23

paultheroyal Can we talk about food on Saturday. For those in East Stand - Y24 etc - you could not get a burger. Nope, not one. No type of that catering was available and you were unable to walk out into a section near gate 7 or 6 to use their van.

So we had a choice of a burrito for a tenner or a pizza for a tenner..... dreary me.

Sort it out!!

Tenner for a pizza? A whole pizza or a slice?