RFC 2020/21 accounts

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RFC 2020/21 accounts

by Green » 31 Mar 2022 22:10

Someone else's fault you reckon tidus?

Not for me. Blame the premier League (or EFL) all you like but that's the structure we play in, and have to adhere to like all other clubs.

This wouldn't have happened under JMs watch, and while there are other basket case clubs out there that doesn't excuse the wreckless fiscal attitude that threatens the very future of the club. Even with limitless funds from dubious overseas sources - the financial fair play rules (and point deductions) should be a clear indicator this just isn't sustainable.

Does everyone else think we're victims and this is all ok? It's an absolute shitshow.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Mar 2022 23:03

Green Someone else's fault you reckon tidus?

Not for me. Blame the premier League (or EFL) all you like but that's the structure we play in, and have to adhere to like all other clubs.

This wouldn't have happened under JMs watch, and while there are other basket case clubs out there that doesn't excuse the wreckless fiscal attitude that threatens the very future of the club. Even with limitless funds from dubious overseas sources - the financial fair play rules (and point deductions) should be a clear indicator this just isn't sustainable.

Does everyone else think we're victims and this is all ok? It's an absolute shitshow.

That's a big old false equivalence you've got going there.

We should play by the rules and we are heading that way now, just not by our own decisions, however hopefully it will push for a change of attitude when it comes to running the football club.

However it's still not going to stop the situation where 3 teams come down every season with a massive financial advantage over the rest of the division.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 01 Apr 2022 09:01

There needs to be a real shift in culture across these divisions in England really. I've always been a fan of the 50+1 rule for a start, but I understand that fan owned leadership can come with its issues such as incompetency, but I think it will go some way to alleviate some poor decisions being made by owners of some clubs and ensure the future of the club is decided by the fans themselves.

Wage caps really do need to be introduced as well. MLS have a wage cap that I've never totally been able to get my head around, although not looked at it in too great detail, but has made from a competitive league in America. I understand the English game is far ahead of America and it would be tough to implement that system into our game, but it's something we can certainly look at.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 Apr 2022 21:34

tidus_mi2
Green Someone else's fault you reckon tidus?

That's a big old false equivalence you've got going there.

We should play by the rules and we are heading that way now, just not by our own decisions, however hopefully it will push for a change of attitude when it comes to running the football club.

However it's still not going to stop the situation where 3 teams come down every season with a massive financial advantage over the rest of the division.

Don't worry about those three teams, worry about what's happening at your club.

There's plenty more teams beside those three we can't compete with financially.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2022 10:47

YorkshireRoyal99 Our wage bill to income ratio currently sits at 234% from the latest set of accounts posted, with the wage bill standing at £32.2m a year, that's staggering. Even a £16m wage bill would still be over 100% wage bill-income ratio, but obviously our income is likely to increase now with matchday and more revenue streams opening up post-pandemic and with fans allowed back in stadiums. Hopefully this seasons £21.1m limit (if we are on forecast for this) is somewhere near to, if not below, the 100% mark. That would indicate good progress.

Non parachute payment income in the Champ is going to be about £15m with decent attendances.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2022 10:48

Zip
Green
YorkshireRoyal99 Our wage bill to income ratio currently sits at 234% from the latest set of accounts posted, with the wage bill standing at £32.2m a year, that's staggering. Even a £16m wage bill would still be over 100% wage bill-income ratio, but obviously our income is likely to increase now with matchday and more revenue streams opening up post-pandemic and with fans allowed back in stadiums. Hopefully this seasons £21.1m limit (if we are on forecast for this) is somewhere near to, if not below, the 100% mark. That would indicate good progress.

Some pretty strong RTGs there. It's an absolute shitshow isn't it? The very future of the club hangs in the balance if this continues any further - and I'm not seeing any signs it won't.

Progress is being made and lessons are finally being learnt. The wages figure for the 21/22 season will be significantly lower and by 22/23 should finally be at a sensible level.
It should never have reached this stage and we are now incredibly reliant on our owners staying interested. If we go down I would fear for the future of the club. If we stay up then next season will be another slog just staying in this division

Progress is being made because the FL have forced us to make progress there's zero sign anyone at RFC has learnt anything.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Apr 2022 10:59

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Green Some pretty strong RTGs there. It's an absolute shitshow isn't it? The very future of the club hangs in the balance if this continues any further - and I'm not seeing any signs it won't.

Progress is being made and lessons are finally being learnt. The wages figure for the 21/22 season will be significantly lower and by 22/23 should finally be at a sensible level.
It should never have reached this stage and we are now incredibly reliant on our owners staying interested. If we go down I would fear for the future of the club. If we stay up then next season will be another slog just staying in this division

Progress is being made because the FL have forced us to make progress there's zero sign anyone at RFC has learnt anything.

I disagree. The club appear to be adhering to the constraints imposed and Yongge has said lessons have been learnt.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 02 Apr 2022 11:16

Exactly what someone not learning lessons would say.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Apr 2022 11:18

Green Exactly what someone not learning lessons would say.

Oh ok. So Yongge hasn’t learnt any lessons at all and we will go on a massive spending spree in summer 2023.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Apr 2022 14:11

Given the FL have set our wage budget, set our wage limit for new signings, approved our new signings before they can happen and imposed a points deduction on us, what choice have we had but to comply with their requirements?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Apr 2022 06:41

Snowflake Royal Given the FL have set our wage budget, set our wage limit for new signings, approved our new signings before they can happen and imposed a points deduction on us, what choice have we had but to comply with their requirements?

Of course the above isn’t actually true.
You missed the bit where it took ages for the points deduction to come through because we were working WITH the league on a business plan. They didn’t set it. Derby on the other hand didn’t work with the league, and got punished more harshly. Of course you will come back with the argument that actually we had no choice but to accept whatever the league decided but the evidence is against you on that. Your assertion that there is no sign anyone at the club has learned lessons seems odd, given there is no sign they haven’t !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Apr 2022 10:24

And the consequences of not doing that were double the points deduction.

That's being forced to do it.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Apr 2022 12:10

Snowflake Royal And the consequences of not doing that were double the points deduction.

That's being forced to do it.

The consequences of speeding are a fine, but no one forces you to stick to the limit.
We agreed a plan which halved our punishment, Derby didn’t and got walloped. Clearly we weren’tforced Into anything because Derby were able to not work with the league. We took the sensible line because it worked out better for us.
But of course some people will always find the worst line and cling to it. ...... I’m not sure I would waste so much time on something that gives me nothing but heartache !

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Apr 2022 20:28

Zip

Oh ok. So Yongge hasn’t learnt any lessons at all and we will go on a massive spending spree in summer 2023.

If he's still around.

I don't know how can you can even begin to predict what he'll do in summer 2023.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Apr 2022 20:29

Green
Zip

If he's still around.

I don't know how can you can even begin to predict what he'll do in summer 2023.

Well that goes both ways. I think he has learnt lessons. You and Ian don’t seem to.We will see.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 03 Apr 2022 20:33

Zip
Green
Zip

If he's still around.

Well that goes both ways. I think he has learnt lessons. You and Ian don’t seem to.We will see.

We will. I'm ready to eat my hat if this story has a happy ending.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Apr 2022 23:29

I disagree with spending so much more than we bring in as a matter of principle. But it's hardly an uncommon strategy in the league to be fair - The Championship is fundamentally designed to encourage high-level gambling. As long as you can get out of the league before the EFL catches up with you then FFP is irrelevant.

The issue is really just how appallingly wasteful we were with that money. Spending so much whilst having inexperienced managers was the biggest problem.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Apr 2022 17:22

Zip
Green
Zip

If he's still around.

One based in past experience, one based on forced action and wishful thinking. IMO only, of course.

And of course a healthy dose of bias as I can't stand the pcunt.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Apr 2022 18:41

And there it is, Ian’s evidence smh