2022/2023 Season Tickets

136 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 2022/2023 Season Tickets

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2022 07:18

YorkshireRoyal99
PATRIQT
YorkshireRoyal99 It doesn't effect me personally although I'd expect an increase on this seasons simply because of the pandemic where we lost fans for essentially a whole season and it would be wise to try and offset some of the losses there.

It's just trying to find the balance between what is enough of an increase for supporters and what can help benefit the club as well.

An increase when crowds are dropping to record lows? Only an idiot of an owner would do that. Oh.

Only because of the financial impact from Covid, that would be the only logical reason for an increase and I don't think it would make too much of a difference on the crowds we get anyway. People don't show up because of the football, not because of the price of tickets.

They show up because of habit, it's certainly not for the frequently dreadful football

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Apr 2022 09:24

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
PATRIQT
An increase when crowds are dropping to record lows? Only an idiot of an owner would do that. Oh.

Only because of the financial impact from Covid, that would be the only logical reason for an increase and I don't think it would make too much of a difference on the crowds we get anyway. People don't show up because of the football, not because of the price of tickets.

They show up because of habit, it's certainly not for the frequently dreadful football

The die-hard regulars will, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that crowds have been dwindling season after season, Covid not withstanding. It's those who won't show up because of the football that we need to try and attract back to the ground.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Apr 2022 10:52

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

The die-hard regulars will, but it doesn't take a genius to work out that crowds have been dwindling season after season, Covid not withstanding. It's those who won't show up because of the football that we need to try and attract back to the ground.

And part of that has to be the overall matchday experience. A good start would be to look at the shit-awful catering operations. When Blue Collar were there I used to think, 'at least if the football's shit I can get something decent to eat and drink'. It also made it easier for me to persuade my wife to come along to games too.

The club only need to look at @footyscran on social media to realise what a piss poor offering they provide to its supporters, in terms of price, variety and quality, compared to so many other clubs. The lack of numbers excuse doesn't fly either, given the offerings from some much smaller/less well supported clubs than us.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Apr 2022 11:37

RoyalBlue
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal They show up because of habit, it's certainly not for the frequently dreadful football

And part of that has to be the overall matchday experience. A good start would be to look at the shit-awful catering operations. When Blue Collar were there I used to think, 'at least if the football's shit I can get something decent to eat and drink'. It also made it easier for me to persuade my wife to come along to games too.

The club only need to look at @footyscran on social media to realise what a piss poor offering they provide to its supporters, in terms of price, variety and quality, compared to so many other clubs. The lack of numbers excuse doesn't fly either, given the offerings from some much smaller/less well supported clubs than us.

100%.
There are some excellent initiatives at the club (bus service is top notch) and Blue Collar was a giant leap forward in terms of football catering. I only really got coffee but an actual cup of proper coffee at a football ground ? Life changing ! The set up behind the East Stand is still decent but they have burned their boats with Blue Collar sadly.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 29 Apr 2022 12:38

RoyalBlue
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal They show up because of habit, it's certainly not for the frequently dreadful football

Yeah agree about the overall matchday experience as well, I think it all culminates as factors as to why crowds have suffered over the last few seasons. There does need to be a greater focus on incentives to get fans through the door, even if it's just an extra 100, it's a small percentage but it will all count.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 29 Apr 2022 12:59

Equally though, the match day 'experience' is governed by what happens on the pitch. Last 5 seasons, 114 homes games, we've only won 39 times. That means roughly two thirds of all those games have ended in defeat or a draw. I'm not walking away disappointed because my burger didn't measure up to Blue Collar's standards or the half-hour queue to get a pint of Good Old Boy. I'll still be there tomorrow for West Brom, but for those that come less and less; or newbies who came when the club pushed the Coventry and Burton games, it's a really hard sell when we've been so dismal where it counts.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Apr 2022 13:07

Whore Jackie Equally though, the match day 'experience' is governed by what happens on the pitch. Last 5 seasons, 114 homes games, we've only won 39 times. That means roughly two thirds of all those games have ended in defeat or a draw. I'm not walking away disappointed because my burger didn't measure up to Blue Collar's standards or the half-hour queue to get a pint of Good Old Boy. I'll still be there tomorrow for West Brom, but for those that come less and less; or newbies who came when the club pushed the Coventry and Burton games, it's a really hard sell when we've been so dismal where it counts.

Although some of the draws (even a few of the defeats) have been absolutely cracking games. No one would have gone away after the Swansea game saying ‘I’m not bothering with that rubbish again’.
Totally agree that winning is a big attraction though !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2022 13:22

Nameless
Whore Jackie Equally though, the match day 'experience' is governed by what happens on the pitch. Last 5 seasons, 114 homes games, we've only won 39 times. That means roughly two thirds of all those games have ended in defeat or a draw. I'm not walking away disappointed because my burger didn't measure up to Blue Collar's standards or the half-hour queue to get a pint of Good Old Boy. I'll still be there tomorrow for West Brom, but for those that come less and less; or newbies who came when the club pushed the Coventry and Burton games, it's a really hard sell when we've been so dismal where it counts.

Although some of the draws (even a few of the defeats) have been absolutely cracking games. No one would have gone away after the Swansea game saying ‘I’m not bothering with that rubbish again’.

Would say it all evens out with dreadful wins and unlucky defeats

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Apr 2022 13:25

Snowflake Royal
Nameless

It does for the actual fan, how the club guarantee a stunning 5-2 victory with a couple of candidates for goal of the season, a bit of controversy and a cracking atmosphere every week is probably something they need to talk to Liverpool about. It’s what the casual fan needs....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Apr 2022 13:34

Nameless
Snowflake Royal
Nameless

It does for the actual fan, how the club guarantee a stunning 5-2 victory with a couple of candidates for goal of the season, a bit of controversy and a cracking atmosphere every week is probably something they need to talk to Liverpool about. It’s what the casual fan needs....

Feeling you need to differentiate between casual and actual is all a bit 'I'm better than you"

Any fan should reasonably be able to expect to see their club win at home ~40%+ of the time and lose there less than ~35% of the time, on average.

A home win rate of under 35% - inflated by one or two exception seasons is going to put a lot of fans off over the course of seasons. 'casual' or 'actual'

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Apr 2022 13:55

Very true but at least decent food and drink can help soften the blow/misery of a shit show on the pitch. Once Blue Collar went IMO it reverted to shit food and drink (with the exception of GOB) outside in the concourse as the warm up act for the often shit offering on the pitch!

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Apr 2022 14:05

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Snowflake Royal Would say it all evens out with dreadful wins and unlucky defeats

Feeling you need to differentiate between casual and actual is all a bit 'I'm better than you"

Any fan should reasonably be able to expect to see their club win at home ~40%+ of the time and lose there less than ~35% of the time, on average.

A home win rate of under 35% - inflated by one or two exception seasons is going to put a lot of fans off over the course of seasons. 'casual' or 'actual'

Nothing to do with ‘better than you” (even though the people who year after year buy season tickets and go to home games probably deserve to be considered slightly higher up then pecking order than those for who a trip to a game is an occasional thing. Those who travel up and down the country watching and way games as well sit even higher up in my estimation).
But saying people have different things they look for from a game seems obvious. If you go a couple of times a season and pick poor games / defeats you are less likely to go again. If you’re support is a long term thing that isn’t swayed by the odd dodgy game/ result/ season then you see things differently.
Across my time supporting the club I’ve built huge memories, saw us play Arsenal in 72, win the 13rh game at Newport (then drawnthe 14th), saw all The Simod Cup run, saw us win Div 4 and Div 3 promotions/titles etc etc etc. For me a dull season isn’t one amongst many good times and doesn’t make me question whether I go next time. I’m not claiming to be better, my supportnis just in a very different context.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Apr 2022 14:29

RoyalBlue

Very true but at least decent food and drink can help soften the blow/misery of a shit show on the pitch. Once Blue Collar went IMO it reverted to shit food and drink (with the exception of GOB) outside in the concourse as the warm up act for the often shit offering on the pitch!

WBB is the only thing I will purchase at the ground.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 May 2022 08:47

Well here we are at the end of another appalling home season and it`s time to start evaluating whether I want to shell out and sit through another season of that dross, if you had asked me when I left the ground yesterday it would have been a big fat no.
Even this morning my thoughts are negative, but how do we know what this club has in store for us?

The deadline to pay and keep your seat is normally late June but it`s doubtful too much transfer (if any) business would have been done by then, I`m willing to wait it out this time and if i decide to renew hope that my seat is still available, tbf i doubt people will be falling over themselves to buy this summer.

If we are potentially going into next season with a team made up of 23s then i will not renew for the first time in over 30 years.
I`m not saying they can`t do a half decent job but they will surely get found out and I`m not prepared to sit through another 23 games of it.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 03 May 2022 10:59

OK

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 05 May 2022 10:45

Although 2022-23 season tickets haven't been officially announced yet by the club, if you log into your account on the Ticket website and then select SEASON TICKETS from the drop-down menu at the top on the right-hand side you will see it is possible to renew them for next season.
Last edited by DelBoyRodders on 05 May 2022 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 05 May 2022 10:55

I'm seeing £375 for an adult renewal in the East which wouldn't be an increase on last season.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 May 2022 12:36

RG30 I'm seeing £375 for an adult renewal in the East which wouldn't be an increase on last season.

Yeah, that would mean prices are frozen and I think that is fair, tbh. As mentioned above, we still have one of the best value tickets in the league.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 05 May 2022 14:31

Hendo
RG30 I'm seeing £375 for an adult renewal in the East which wouldn't be an increase on last season.

Yeah, that would mean prices are frozen and I think that is fair, tbh. As mentioned above, we still have one of the best value tickets in the league.

Yes they are frozen. Same price as they were for 2018-19 and 2019-20.
Earlier today I made the mistake thinking the prices had risen because I only paid £315 for my 2021-22 ST. But I remember now that included a £60 credit I had carried over from the 5 home games we all missed at end of 2019-20 because we were in lockdown and games ended up being played behind closed doors.

I will renew at some stage in the next few weeks.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 May 2022 14:27

Presume new ST prices in East and North will still be around £395 then if the renewal is still £375.

Not sure if I can be bothered, really don’t want to witness yet another season of struggle at home under what turns out to be yet more clueless management (with a mixture of players that are too young, too cr@p, too don’t want to be there or just too out of position) but hard to see anything else given the mess the club are in. Perhaps review towards Xmas and get a half season deal.

136 posts