2022/2023 Season Tickets

136 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 2022/2023 Season Tickets

by Zip » 26 Apr 2022 17:56

Keep ST prices on hold but do four matches with kids for a quid to get more bums in seats. ST holders cant really complain about it because going to 16/17 home games a season makes the ST value for money anyway.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Apr 2022 19:43

Jackson Corner Money is tight people will be looking at ways to save and football needs to be realistic. Netflix and all the other TV companies are losing subscribers. Inflation at high levels then an increase after several poor seasons in the bottom half would be crazy. I will get one but a few around me in the East stand have had enough of mediocre football and relegation battles every season.

Yep, three in our row have already said they won't be renewing for those sort of reasons. For those who don't live in Reading and have transport costs on top, it really does become quite an expensive exercise (costs me an additional £25-30 in petrol and parking).

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 Apr 2022 21:42

RoyalBlue
Jackson Corner Money is tight people will be looking at ways to save and football needs to be realistic. Netflix and all the other TV companies are losing subscribers. Inflation at high levels then an increase after several poor seasons in the bottom half would be crazy. I will get one but a few around me in the East stand have had enough of mediocre football and relegation battles every season.

Yep, three in our row have already said they won't be renewing for those sort of reasons. For those who don't live in Reading and have transport costs on top, it really does become quite an expensive exercise (costs me an additional £25-30 in petrol and parking).

Appreciate old habits die hard but would you ever consider going to watch your local side, RoyalBlue?

I guess I lost the bug sometime ago but the idea of being a STH in exile always seemed like madness to me.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 27 Apr 2022 09:52

YorkshireRoyal99 It doesn't effect me personally although I'd expect an increase on this seasons simply because of the pandemic where we lost fans for essentially a whole season and it would be wise to try and offset some of the losses there.

It's just trying to find the balance between what is enough of an increase for supporters and what can help benefit the club as well.

An increase when crowds are dropping to record lows? Only an idiot of an owner would do that. Oh.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 27 Apr 2022 09:55

PATRIQT
YorkshireRoyal99 It doesn't effect me personally although I'd expect an increase on this seasons simply because of the pandemic where we lost fans for essentially a whole season and it would be wise to try and offset some of the losses there.

It's just trying to find the balance between what is enough of an increase for supporters and what can help benefit the club as well.

An increase when crowds are dropping to record lows? Only an idiot of an owner would do that. Oh.

Only because of the financial impact from Covid, that would be the only logical reason for an increase and I don't think it would make too much of a difference on the crowds we get anyway. People don't show up because of the football, not because of the price of tickets.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Apr 2022 09:58

PATRIQT

Record lows ?
For years we dreamed of getting 10k crowds !

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Apr 2022 10:03

Nameless
PATRIQT

Record lows ?

Thing that people forget is we are and always have been a pretty poorly supported club. We have a very decent die hard support of around 9k and the rest are made up of fairweather supporters who will come back to the stadium when things are going well. We aren't a Leeds United where the supporters will keep coming no matter what, we never will be. We have to be realistic.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Apr 2022 11:41

Green
RoyalBlue

Appreciate old habits die hard but would you ever consider going to watch your local side, RoyalBlue?

I guess I lost the bug sometime ago but the idea of being a STH in exile always seemed like madness to me.

I go to watch my local non-league team (Level 9) when The Royals aren't playing at home. £6 to get in, I can have a beer whilst watching and know some of the people and players there from when our kids played for them. So if I did finally manage to kick The Royals Bug I guess that's where I would get my football fix. I could never bring myself to support another EPL/EFL team though.

The closest I get to supporting another top professional team is in MLS and that now involves a 560 mile return journey when I am in the States! That makes the regular trip to the SCL Stadium something of a breeze!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 28 Apr 2022 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Apr 2022 11:56

Zip Keep ST prices on hold but do four matches with kids for a quid to get more bums in seats. ST holders cant really complain about it because going to 16/17 home games a season makes the ST value for money anyway.

When kids can go to games for £2 every week how would making it £1 for 4 games be much of an incentive ?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 27 Apr 2022 12:24

It would also be nice for the club to encourage and maybe incentivize more ST holders to attend regularly. I accept midweek games are difficult when you have the 8pm kick-off, red button choice and in some instances kids have school the day after, but some of the no shows for the Saturday 3pm matches have been disappointing.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 27 Apr 2022 12:30

I live in Staffordshire, so can rarely make midweek games and sometimes have to miss the odd weekend game. Also, it costs loads to travel to Reading every other week. But yes IN for renewing and moving one seat in front of me!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 27 Apr 2022 13:10

My travel costs have actually reduced after moving out of London. It was £14.95 on the train from Padders, which is still pretty reasonable imo. Now £11.85, takes about the same time as well when you factor in the time spent on the tube, only downside is that I can't get the train on a midweek game - well I can get there, it is getting back which is proving difficult, but driving to midweek games only will be no bother at all.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 28 Apr 2022 16:25

Nameless
PATRIQT

Record lows ?

We're going back to the early 90's there old chap.

PATRIQT

Nameless
PATRIQT

Record lows ?

PATRIQT

Nameless
PATRIQT

Record lows ?

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 28 Apr 2022 16:26

Nameless
PATRIQT

Record lows ?

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 28 Apr 2022 16:28

HNA? has had a wobble, sorry. I can't delete the duplicate posts.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2022 19:34

Nameless
Zip Keep ST prices on hold but do four matches with kids for a quid to get more bums in seats. ST holders cant really complain about it because going to 16/17 home games a season makes the ST value for money anyway.

When kids can go to games for £2 every week how would making it £1 for 4 games be much of an incentive ?

For a start kids don’t go on their own. They need adults to accompany them. Those adults may not necessarily want to pay for a ST.
Besides reduce adults prices to a tenner for those four games. Our biggest gates by miles this season were the two games v Coventry and Cardiff when it was made cheaper to encourage parents and their children to attend.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Apr 2022 20:24

Zip
Nameless

For a start kids don’t go on their own. They need adults to accompany them. Those adults may not necessarily want to pay for a ST.
Besides reduce adults prices to a tenner for those four games. Our biggest gates by miles this season were the two games v Coventry and Cardiff when it was made cheaper to encourage parents and their children to attend.

A matchday ticket in the ED for a kid is £2, nothing to do with ST. £5 everywhere for a match ticket for U12.
It’s really cheap as standard !
There’s a 25% discount on a group of 10 tickets for ANY game. So 3 adults could take 7 kids to ANY GAME for just over £50 total.
I absolutely agree that getting people in the ground is really important, and using pricing to encourage them makes sense. We do it every game, maybe we just don’t publicise it well enough.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Apr 2022 20:34

Nameless
Zip
Nameless

A matchday ticket in the ED for a kid is £2, nothing to do with ST. £5 everywhere for a match ticket for U12.
It’s really cheap as standard !
There’s a 25% discount on a group of 10 tickets for ANY game. So 3 adults could take 7 kids to ANY GAME for just over £50 total.
I absolutely agree that getting people in the ground is really important, and using pricing to encourage them makes sense. We do it every game, maybe we just don’t publicise it well enough.

I don't think it is publicised anywhere near enough. For this level of football these prices are terrific. There was a real push for the Coventry game. Less so for Cardiff but it makes sense to fill as many seats as possible without peeing off season ticket holders.

136 posts