QPR (A) tickets

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

QPR (A) tickets

by windermereROYAL » 06 Sep 2022 11:39

£36 :shock: Well done to anyone paying that to sit in that shit hole with only enough leg room for Warwick Davis.
I trust they will get charged the same when they come here.

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/s ... a-2022-23/

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Re: QPR (A) tickets

by RG30 » 06 Sep 2022 11:49

IN!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 06 Sep 2022 13:03

windermereROYAL £36 :shock: Well done to anyone paying that to sit in that shit hole with only enough leg room for Warwick Davis.

Not how it works, we can only charge away fans what we charge home fans in equivalent seating, looking at Sunderland who I assume didn't reciprocate our £20 offer, their tickets are priced at £22.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 06 Sep 2022 13:19

Same price every year. The travel is cheaper being more local so this outweighs it for me.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 06 Sep 2022 18:39

Looks like this one is selling out quite well already (according to the seat plan!)

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 06 Sep 2022 19:10

A least Dick Turpin wore a mask. Still, I guess it is what you have to pay to visit the museum where legends of the game like Stan Bowles, Tony Currie and Reading boy Steve Wicks once played nearly 50 years ago.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Sep 2022 19:42

windermereROYAL £36 :shock: Well done to anyone paying that to sit in that shit hole with only enough leg room for Warwick Davis.

QPR fans get ripped off EVERY home game, ripping them off when they come to us wouldn’t help. It’s not the fans that set the prices, but I wouldn’t pay over double what I pay at Reading to go to QPR.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 06 Sep 2022 21:03

‘All 20 Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed to maintain the £30 price cap on away tickets for the next three seasons. The cap is in recognition of the additional travel costs involved with attending away matches’

Could go to a Man City, Liverpool, Man U , Chelsea game for less :|

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Sep 2022 08:35

The problem, as always, with high ticket prices like this is that people complain but then still pay them.

The only way, outside legislation or a league wide agreement such as the 30 quid PL deal, to have prices lowered is for fans as a whole to stay away from games where they are charged over a certain amount.

As mentioned, seems like this is selling quickly, so QPR will feel satisfied with their pricing policy.

It is crazy that you can see a PL game for cheaper. I'm paying less to go to Eintracht v Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga on Saturday, and my ticket price includes free public transport to and from the game.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Sep 2022 08:51

Stranded The problem, as always, with high ticket prices like this is that people complain but then still pay them.

The only way, outside legislation or a league wide agreement such as the 30 quid PL deal, to have prices lowered is for fans as a whole to stay away from games where they are charged over a certain amount.

As mentioned, seems like this is selling quickly, so QPR will feel satisfied with their pricing policy.

It is crazy that you can see a PL game for cheaper. I'm paying less to go to Eintracht v Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga on Saturday, and my ticket price includes free public transport to and from the game.

I think it would require an organised movement to stop fans buying tickets to such a nearby game though, it's a really shitty practice because they know fans are loyal and there isn't an alternative, this is the only way to watch QPR + whoever their opponent is play live that game week.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Sep 2022 09:56

tidus_mi2
Stranded The problem, as always, with high ticket prices like this is that people complain but then still pay them.

I think it would require an organised movement to stop fans buying tickets to such a nearby game though, it's a really shitty practice because they know fans are loyal and there isn't an alternative, this is the only way to watch QPR + whoever their opponent is play live that game week.

In terms of being in the stadium yes, but a game like this should be easier to boycott given Sky are showing it live.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 07 Sep 2022 12:31

tidus_mi2

Not how it works, we can only charge away fans what we charge home fans in equivalent seating, looking at Sunderland who I assume didn't reciprocate our £20 offer, their tickets are priced at £22.

Indeed. This is what Reading said at the start of the season:

For clarity’s sake, clubs are only allowed to charge away fans the equivalent price that they charge their own supporters in a comparable section of their stadium. So by keeping matchday ticket prices so low at Reading, we have also been committed to keeping prices for visiting supporters at the same level.

In 2022-23, adult matchday ticket prices will, in some sections, be elevated slightly above the £20 mark – meaning we will now be permitted to set the equivalent price to away fans. However, every Championship club will be given the opportunity to offer their fans £20 tickets when their team visits RG2…but only if they commit in advance to a reciprocal arrangement for our loyal away fans in the reverse fixture.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Sep 2022 17:23

Which owner was it that really p*ssed Man Utd off when we played them in the cup by refusing to charge us the full price as determined by MAn Utd and subsidised the difference between £20 and the face value themselves ?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 07 Sep 2022 17:25

Stranded
tidus_mi2

In terms of being in the stadium yes, but a game like this should be easier to boycott given Sky are showing it live.

It’s the only game I can get to for a while so will go.

If you factor in the travel, it’s still cheaper than to watch Reading in say Preston.

Doesn’t make it justifiable though.

If there’s a £30 cap in the Prem, it should go down a fiver per division as , as someone has already said, the product is worse

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Sep 2022 21:56

Notts Royal
Stranded
tidus_mi2 I think it would require an organised movement to stop fans buying tickets to such a nearby game though, it's a really shitty practice because they know fans are loyal and there isn't an alternative, this is the only way to watch QPR + whoever their opponent is play live that game week.

It’s the only game I can get to for a while so will go.

If you factor in the travel, it’s still cheaper than to watch Reading in say Preston.

Doesn’t make it justifiable though.

If there’s a £30 cap in the Prem, it should go down a fiver per division as , as someone has already said, the product is worse

But you have hit the nail on the head there. There is always a reason to go. Oh, it's closer so the travel is cheaper than going to Preston, fine if you plan to go to both but you know the travel bit before you head north.

If you aren't going to both then it's just mental gymnastics and clubs like QPR will keep charging silly money as they know enough saps will pay it. Until enough people actually say, you know what I love football but I just can't justify playing X for something I might not even enjoy then, barring legislation, it will never change.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Sep 2022 12:38

I completely agree. You have to just boycott clubs that charge this - no excuses.

It's the only way things will change long term.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 08 Sep 2022 12:48

What makes me laugh is the QPR fans that go on about "you get charged the same as the home fans, etc.."

Yeah, ok. That isn't a good thing and you should be as pissed off as us about these ticket prices.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 08 Sep 2022 22:32

Unpopular opinion…but has anyone thought maybe we price our tickets too low?

It’s not exactly led to an increase in home attendances, and encourages higher away attendances.

Plus, it’s not financially savvy

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 Sep 2022 12:25

Notts Royal Unpopular opinion…but has anyone thought maybe we price our tickets too low?

It’s not exactly led to an increase in home attendances, and encourages higher away attendances.

Plus, it’s not financially savvy

We can do the maths.

- Say that we sell on average 3,000 home tickets and 2,000 away tickets for every game (almost certainly an overestimate at the moment).
- That's 5,000 a game, times 23 games a year, so 115,000 tickets a season.
- If we charged £10 more for every ticket, that would equal an additional £920k a year once you take off VAT.
- Though, we can't really charge £10 more for every ticket as a lot will be concessions, and that would be a step increase.
- Also, basic supply and demand suggests that we would sell fewer tickets.
- A more reasonable estimate might be something like we would gain £500k from a 50% increase in ticket prices.
- £500k would be equal to one additional squad player on £9,600 a week - actually, given that we have a lot of ancillary costs associated with hiring players (employer NI, pension, insurance etc etc), it's fair to say that it would work out at about enough additional income for one £8k player a week.

Is that really worth it for the reduction in attendance and general fan (both home and away) goodwill?

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 21 Sep 2022 16:17

Tickets now available in the lower tier now. Top tier sold out. Should be c.2,500 there!