Reading fail to pay staff full salary

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading fail to pay staff full salary

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Dec 2022 19:03

Guys (and Girls) at the bottom of the food-chain have been paid ok…thankfully….the players and staff can struggle :roll:

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 15 Dec 2022 16:13

PieEater Transferring funds from abroad isn't as trivial as a normal payroll run. The transfer is presumably from Yuan to Sterling, that rate changed about 2% on the day so whatever amount they calculated would have been short a day later.

Nonsense, if you needed a set amount of sterling to pay the salaries that would be the fixed amount in the transaction. If the people moving the money around are fixing the Yuang amount and hoping for the best its no wonder we're financially screwed.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 16 Dec 2022 10:40

6ft Kerplunk
PieEater Transferring funds from abroad isn't as trivial as a normal payroll run. The transfer is presumably from Yuan to Sterling, that rate changed about 2% on the day so whatever amount they calculated would have been short a day later.

Nonsense, if you needed a set amount of sterling to pay the salaries that would be the fixed amount in the transaction. If the people moving the money around are fixing the Yuang amount and hoping for the best its no wonder we're financially screwed.

Yes, I mean I've seen some shoddy working practices in my time but I struggle to accept for a company that has to do this monthly it's anything other than trivial.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 16 Dec 2022 20:37

think this might be because club1871 are stopping valuable revenue coming in?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Dec 2022 09:45

Green
Weymouth Royal
Forbury Lion It would certainly start alarm bells ringing as this could be a sign of things to come, but most of us, myself included can get by with 20% of their monthly wages being deferred a week

Post of the day!

We're in a fuel/food/energy/poverty crisis so most would be absolutely dandy...

Quite! Glad things are so cushy in the Forbury Lion household.

If you can't cope with 20% of your salary being deferred by 1 month then what the oxf*rd are you going to do if you lose your job or your mortgage rate goes up again, electricity, gas and petrol prices increase again, council tax goes up again?

Yes, not everyone has a buffer like this, I am fortunate I can choose not to spend money on non essentials like netflix and alcohol if I have to, I'm sure football players on £10k a week can afford to receive £80k of their monthly salary on time and £20k the next week. Sure, they probably have bigger mortgages and higher bills to pay but they're not going to starve.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Dec 2022 09:48

Green
6ft Kerplunk

Yes, I mean I've seen some shoddy working practices in my time but I struggle to accept for a company that has to do this monthly it's anything other than trivial.
To be fair, recent history would suggest that Reading FC is a company that doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Dec 2022 10:07

Forbury Lion
Green
6ft Kerplunk Nonsense, if you needed a set amount of sterling to pay the salaries that would be the fixed amount in the transaction. If the people moving the money around are fixing the Yuang amount and hoping for the best its no wonder we're financially screwed.

To be fair, recent history would suggest that Reading FC is a company that doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow.

Would explain why our injury list is always so long.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 23 Dec 2022 11:59

Forbury Lion
Green
Weymouth Royal
Post of the day!

We're in a fuel/food/energy/poverty crisis so most would be absolutely dandy...

Quite! Glad things are so cushy in the Forbury Lion household.

If you can't cope with 20% of your salary being deferred by 1 month then what the oxf*rd are you going to do if you lose your job or your mortgage rate goes up again, electricity, gas and petrol prices increase again, council tax goes up again?

Yes, not everyone has a buffer like this, I am fortunate I can choose not to spend money on non essentials like netflix and alcohol if I have to, I'm sure football players on £10k a week can afford to receive £80k of their monthly salary on time and £20k the next week. Sure, they probably have bigger mortgages and higher bills to pay but they're not going to starve.

Most people would expect to get severance pay in such a situation. And whilst many be fortunate enough to have assets saved away they may not be immediately accessible - again in a situation such as redundancy you'd have time to plan for that.

But it has to be said, in case you've not put the news on lately, many households are indeed living hand to mouth - especially at this time of year.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Apr 2023 10:13

Speculation on twatter today that staff have only been paid 65% of their wages this week with the rest to follow after the bank holiday.
How very timely if true.
Citing problems getting funds transferred from HK as the reason.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Apr 2023 11:46

windermereROYAL Speculation on twatter today that staff have only been paid 65% of their wages this week with the rest to follow after the bank holiday.
How very timely if true.

Are players counted as staff?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 May 2023 17:29

windermereROYAL Speculation on twatter today that staff have only been paid 65% of their wages this week with the rest to follow after the bank holiday.
How very timely if true.

Pressure is on Dai at home. You do wonder if the foray into English football is starting to draw to a close.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 04 May 2023 12:15

Shocking that during a cost of living crisis that there's a delay to anyone getting paid on time

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2023 13:03

Lower West
How very timely if true.

Pressure is on Dai at home. You do wonder if the foray into English football is starting to draw to a close.

Then there's what might happen if the Chinese invade Taiwan! Funny isn't it though, Russia rightly get turned on for invading Ukraine and no doubt the same will happen to China if they invade Taiwan yet when the US and Britain etc. invade Iraq that's all OK and above board. God the world is utterly bent! Aren't you all glad we're supposedly the good guys?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 04 May 2023 14:35

Sutekh
Lower West
How very timely if true.

Then there's what might happen if the Chinese invade Taiwan! Funny isn't it though, Russia rightly get turned on for invading Ukraine and no doubt the same will happen to China if they invade Taiwan yet when the US and Britain etc. invade Iraq that's all OK and above board. God the world is utterly bent! Aren't you all glad we're supposedly the good guys?

Good guys who happily get into bed with the bad.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 04 May 2023 15:59

Hendo
Forbury Lion
Green Yes, I mean I've seen some shoddy working practices in my time but I struggle to accept for a company that has to do this monthly it's anything other than trivial.

Don't think this got the credit it deserved....nice work.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 May 2023 16:31

Dave the rave
Hendo
Forbury Lion To be fair, recent history would suggest that Reading FC is a company that doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow.

Thanks!

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 04 May 2023 16:44

Hendo
Dave the rave
Hendo

Thanks!

Credit where it's due.... :wink:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 05 May 2023 09:30

Dave the rave
Hendo
Dave the rave

Thanks!

Credit where it's due.... :wink:
Would have got plenty of Likes if that was a thing on this board

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 May 2023 18:22

Do we get another 3 points knocked off? Just to make sure.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 May 2023 08:14

Sutekh
Lower West
How very timely if true.

Wee bit of difference in that Russia invading Ukraine is an act of conquest by a dictatorship using brutal and illegal methods of warfare targetting civilians to subsume the area into Russia. Which would be similar to aChinese invasion of Taiwan.

The invasion of Iraq was bullshit but ultimately about regime change, not conquest.