will you be renewing your season ticket next year?

are you renewing your ST for next season?

definitely yes
77%
definitely no
10%
maybe yes
9%
maybe no
4%

Total votes: 231
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Apr 2006 12:25

Any ideas when details of the instalment plan will come out?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Apr 2006 12:27

In a word, yes.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 12 Apr 2006 12:28

I've saved all year and I'm going to renew mine. This is despite the fact i'm getting married and moving to the north peak district in july. It's going to be expensive, but it may one of the final seasons I can afford to see us play!! What better way to go out than in the Prem :wink:

Di No Saw

by Di No Saw » 12 Apr 2006 12:29

Platypuss Any ideas when details of the instalment plan will come out?

They will release details in stages.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 12 Apr 2006 12:30

Di No Saw
Platypuss Any ideas when details of the instalment plan will come out?

They will release details in stages.

:lol:

Wonder if they'll charge an admin fee on that too?

Crasher

by Crasher » 12 Apr 2006 12:34

Surely one of the dumbest polls on HNA?

Of course i'll be renewing. Mine and my son's.

I've also signed up to Sky in case there's a midweek game i cannot make.

No-brainer really.

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 12 Apr 2006 12:42

Crasher Surely one of the dumbest polls on HNA?

No-brainer really.

hmmm, the (current) 28 page thread on 'prices' would indicate otherwise... not that i'm personally offended!!

:lol:

Toxteth O'Grady (USA)

by Toxteth O'Grady (USA) » 12 Apr 2006 13:10

I think the issue here is the offers made in the last two years to get people to renew early - by tempting them with the prospect of premierleague football at championship prices is not being made available again. I think a reward is appropriate for those people who took invested in the club early last year.

Funding investment in the club is an easy way to try to dampen the clear outrage many of those people who renewed early in previous are feeling now.

In reality, a club run with prudence will write contracts that depreciate in remuneration with (god forbid) relegation in the same way they have balooned with promotion.

This all makes me think the increase close to exploitation. I am quite angry but in no way surprised. I heard that at the fans forum on Thursday the club will not be answering non "on the pitch" related questions. I doubt they'll be saying much then!

But in answer to the poll, of course i'm renewing - who wouldn't?

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 12 Apr 2006 13:28

Toxteth O'Grady (USA) I think the issue here is the offers made in the last two years to get people to renew early - by tempting them with the prospect of premierleague football at championship prices is not being made available again. I think a reward is appropriate for those people who took invested in the club early last year.

spot on! If we did get relegated next season I'd expect a very good renewal discount to be offered - fans showing loyalty and all that!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Apr 2006 13:31

Blue Hooped Moose
Toxteth O'Grady (USA) I think the issue here is the offers made in the last two years to get people to renew early - by tempting them with the prospect of premierleague football at championship prices is not being made available again. I think a reward is appropriate for those people who took invested in the club early last year.

spot on! If we did get relegated next season I'd expect a very good renewal discount to be offered - fans showing loyalty and all that!

I understand that is why STAR has asked the club to make sure prices are at the appropriate level for the division, rather than trying to tell the club what price they should be setting.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Apr 2006 14:04

Crasher Surely one of the dumbest polls on HNA?

No-brainer really.

I think you need to be objective and take into account that for some people finding £500+ to spend it quite difficult.

Fortunately I am not one of these people and have decided to buy 2 season tickets so I can always take a friend to the game, or alternatively have a free seat to rest my coat on.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 12 Apr 2006 14:07

Further to my earlier post, I rang the club to ask whether the arrangements in force for the last couple of years are to be continued (i.e. buy an adult ST in the Family stand and get a child ST included). I was told that they're not! When I asked why, I was told that it was to maximise the revenue.

Prices:
Adult: Last Season: 390; this season: 575
Child 1: Last Season: 0; this season: 290
Child 2: Last season: 110; this season: 290

Total: Last Season: 500; this season: 1155.

I expected an increase this year, but I really didn't expect to pay more than twice as much.

This strikes me as being little more than a cynical attempt to collect a one-off windfall on the back of our success this season, and I remain very doubtful that my 131% increase will be spent in a serious attempt to establish ourselves in the Prem. I have had a season ticket since the Elm Park days, and never moaned about prices because I had confidence that my money was being spent in an attempt to get the club where we are now.

I hope I'm wrong, but my overwhelming feeling is that this will change next season in that the extra money will disappear into a black hole and that the club will once again try to do it on the cheap. Also, I wonder by how much the ST prices will fall if we get relegated.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Apr 2006 14:13

It may be a bitter pill to swallow, but the club are a buisness and will charge what they feel people will pay.

dogmark01

by dogmark01 » 12 Apr 2006 14:18

it really supprises me how stupid people are sometimes , if you look at our season ticket prices compaied to other premiership teams they are fair
charlton is roughly what ours are , for a worse seat / view.

all we have been going on about for the last 10 or so years is getting up and premiership this premiership that.now we are there you moan at the season ticket prices.

i wasnt in the postion to get a second half season ticket , so i missed out , it hurt , i have been going for 15 years , now it looks like i wil miss out on premiership football.

would i like a season ticket ?? i would take someones arm off if i could get one.

stop moaning ffs , if you dont want to renew then dont and let someone else have the chance to go each week and watch chelsea rather then crewe.

Alan Titchmarsh

by Alan Titchmarsh » 12 Apr 2006 14:28

STAR Campaigns If it helps, I have a 15 year old stepson who's 16 next week so it's a double-whammy - an "age" increase and a PL increase.

'bout time they left home and got a job then!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Apr 2006 14:36

The Surgeon of Crowthorne I will renew - but I'm not going to tell Mrs TSOC how much the thing costs. A few white lies may be in order...

Made fatal mistake of telling telling Mrs Leon last night. Now in return for me renewing she's demanded the £1000 wardrobe that I've been telling her she can't have for the last 6 months.

I'm now going to be £1600 out of pocket....jesus.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Apr 2006 14:38

leon
The Surgeon of Crowthorne I will renew - but I'm not going to tell Mrs TSOC how much the thing costs. A few white lies may be in order...

Made fatal mistake of telling telling Mrs Leon last night. Now in return for me renewing she's demanded the £1000 wardrobe that I've been telling her she can't have for the last 6 months.

Just make sure she spends the entire £1000 at Ann Summers. I'm sure you won't be too dissapointed.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Apr 2006 14:46

Big Ern
leon

Just make sure she spends the entire £1000 at Ann Summers. I'm sure you won't be too dissapointed.

If only. This is £1000 on an ACTUAL f*cking wardrobe - ie some bits of wood nailed together....I despair.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 12 Apr 2006 14:50

leon
Big Ern
leon

If only. This is £1000 on an ACTUAL f*cking wardrobe - ie some bits of wood nailed together....I despair.

Well surpise her and spend £1000 at Ann Summers and then claim to have made the same mistake as I have :oops:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Apr 2006 15:00

Big Ern
leon
Big Ern
leon

Well surpise her and spend £1000 at Ann Summers and then claim to have made the same mistake as I have :oops:

Hmmm you might be onto something.

Steve Coppell's got a lot to answer for.