Away Season Tickets

royalsteve

Away Season Tickets

by royalsteve » 07 Jul 2006 23:43

I see the club have changed things then.

The AST is even more of a joke now....you dont need a Home ST to get one....what the f**k!

so any muppet who doesnt get watch home games can watch all the lucrative Away games.

I may just get a AST for one season even though ill only be able to get to 1/2 the games!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Away Season Tickets

by londinium » 08 Jul 2006 00:54

royalsteve I see the club have changed things then.

The AST is even more of a joke now....you dont need a Home ST to get one....what the f**k!

so any muppet who doesnt get watch home games can watch all the lucrative Away games.

I may just get a AST for one season even though ill only be able to get to 1/2 the games!

So why all of a sudden do you want to get an AST for just one season???

Is it so you can see all of the "lucrative away games'?? just like all the others!!!!!!!!

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 08 Jul 2006 04:01

How's it a joke? FWIW I have both but if given the choice I would much rather have an AST than a HST as you aern't surrounded by bunch of glory boys who have only started following us since Christmas.

We have got around 700 so far and bearing in mind the smallest capacity is Portsmouth which is 2,000 maximum then there will still be tickets available for others to purchase.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 08 Jul 2006 05:37

I hope the rules have changed here because most home games are expected to sell out next season.

So, there will be many fans who won't get to the Madstad very often and I for one wouldn't begrudge someone in that position who is prepared to buy a ticket for every away fixture (cup matches as well) from doing so.

Whilst I'm delighted that I'm now one of 700 AST's rather than the 50 odd we've grown accustomed to, there's still plenty of scope for more to join and that's after safeguards have been put in place to ensure there's room for substantial numbers who wish to cherry pick the matches they attend...................expect about 700 at Bolton :roll:

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 08 Jul 2006 09:15

Why was it a joke before?

Why is it more of a joke now?

Why on earth is it a joke at any time when they have nowhere near sold out? Maybe you should meet some of the "muppets" who live in the north of England for whom an away st is a positive bonus with 50% of teams being north of Brum.

A little tip - engage brain before starting keyboard.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 08 Jul 2006 10:21

RG30 How's it a joke? FWIW I have both but if given the choice I would much rather have an AST than a HST as you aern't surrounded by bunch of glory boys who have only started following us since Christmas.

We have got around 700 so far and bearing in mind the smallest capacity is Portsmouth which is 2,000 maximum then there will still be tickets available for others to purchase.

they've made 1000 available

season ticket holders haven't bought them all

so now they are making them available to non season ticket holders

i don't have a problem with that, season ticket holders have had the chance to make that commitment before non season ticket holders were. They chose not to do that

If these people make a commitment to buy every away ticket good luck to them

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 09 Jul 2006 22:57

londinium

So why all of a sudden do you want to get an AST for just one season???

Is it so you can see all of the "lucrative away games'?? just like all the others!!!!!!!!

exactly ...to stop those who have NEVER seen the Royals play going to watch Man UTD, etc away.

some of us supported this club for a long time...more then 30 years in fact and ive hardly ever missed a home game and been to very large no of away games

some of us cant commit too much time to football, some of us work for ourselves and have families, which means buying an AWST is a bit of a waste as ill only be able to get to about 1/2 the games - but i want to go to Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Pompey, Watford, Tottenham, West Ham, Fulham and possibly a couple of others.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 09 Jul 2006 23:08

Yes, but now those who have NEVER seen RFC play (ever!) can buy an AST and jump the queue and watch RFC play at the top venues at the expense of those who have supported RFC for a long time, now run the risk of not being able to get a ticket.......i mean what is the point of the Royalty points system?

I dont care if you cant get to the home games. Why should i lose out the chance to get to Old Trafford - which i have been waiting for for over 30 years - because some muppet who has NEVER watched an RFC game goes instead because they bought an AST this season and jumped the queue

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 09 Jul 2006 23:10

royalsteve Yes, but now those who have NEVER seen RFC play (ever!) can buy an AST and jump the queue and watch RFC play at the top venues at the expense of those who have supported RFC for a long time, now run the risk of not being able to get a ticket.

If they really cared that much they would have got an AST already, wouldn't they? :?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 09 Jul 2006 23:16

royalsteve Yes, but now those who have NEVER seen RFC play (ever!) can buy an AST and jump the queue and watch RFC play at the top venues at the expense of those who have supported RFC for a long time, now run the risk of not being able to get a ticket.......i mean what is the point of the Royalty points system?

yip,

you've been given a chance to make a commitment for every away ticket up front

you've chosen not to do that

so people who have never been to see reading have been given the chance to make that same commitment

i see no problem with that

if you've been to so many games you'll be at the top of the royalty points list for the remaining tickets so "long term" fans can cherry pick some of the top away games

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 09 Jul 2006 23:18

royalsteve Yes, but now those who have NEVER seen RFC play (ever!) can buy an AST and jump the queue and watch RFC play at the top venues at the expense of those who have supported RFC for a long time, now run the risk of not being able to get a ticket.......i mean what is the point of the Royalty points system?

I dont care if you cant get to the home games. Why should i lose out the chance to get to Old Trafford - which i have been waiting for for over 30 years - because some muppet who has NEVER watched an RFC game goes instead because they bought an AST this season and jumped the queue

How the feck are they jumping the queue when there patently isn't one?
Oh, I get it - you think they should stop selling away season tickets just so you can get tickets to your games of choice. Nice!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Jul 2006 15:47

Surely the point of the AST (it should be renamed as it isn't, in fact, a ticket!) is that those of us who have applied have COMMITTED to purchasing a ticket for EVERY away game, regardless of changes for TV, if they are in Newcastle mid-week or whatever.

Unlike last season, where you could return 3 tickets at no charge, there is no such dispensation this season.

That, to me, sounds like a major commitment (approx £800) in order to see Reading at Old Trafford, The Emirates or Stamford Bridge. Therefore, slagging anyone off who has got an AST who isn't an STH seems a bit daft (to put it mildly).

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 10 Jul 2006 17:39

I didnt get a AST in the end, so those who do - fair play its a lot of money etc.

We all moaned when our attendances were low, that nobody in the media rated us, our away support was a 'joke'. Now all you oxf*rd are whinging because too many people want to buy tickets FFS.

Of course you could return 3 tickets last season, the club were desperate for away season ticket holders..this season its easy for them to sell away ends out on a regular basis.

If we get relegated, maybe then you lot will be happy once again?

Then again if we stay in the Prem for a few seasons the hype will die down and the most loyal fans will remain, once again. This is a honeymoon period, just enjoy the football! At least us home season ticket holders get to see 50% of the games guaranteed.

l0y4l R0y4l
Location: Be Proud, Be Loud, Back The Boys and Make Some Noise.

by l0y4l R0y4l » 10 Jul 2006 18:16

BTW How would it be possible to sit next to the person you want to sit next to? I mean your AST would only get you a ticket? So your friend would be sitting on the otherside of the stand.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 10 Jul 2006 18:18

I assume you can book a few AST's at once if you wanna sit together?

Usually away tickets arrive at the club in long lines so if 2 are bought together theyl usually be sat next to each other

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 10 Jul 2006 18:30

l0y4l R0y4l BTW How would it be possible to sit next to the person you want to sit next to? I mean your AST would only get you a ticket? So your friend would be sitting on the otherside of the stand.

It is possible to get the club to "group" AST's together for all games. It is equally possible for them to make sure you are not sat next to someone you would prefer not to :wink:

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 10 Jul 2006 21:04

ayjaydee
l0y4l R0y4l BTW How would it be possible to sit next to the person you want to sit next to? I mean your AST would only get you a ticket? So your friend would be sitting on the otherside of the stand.

It is possible to get the club to "group" AST's together for all games. It is equally possible for them to make sure you are not sat next to someone you would prefer not to :wink:

I've just e-mailed them requesting not to be sat near you. :wink:

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 10 Jul 2006 21:48

Finch Royal
ayjaydee

I've just e-mailed them requesting not to be sat near you. :wink:

That'll be one more beer I don't have to buy next season!

RFCSinceBury1971

by RFCSinceBury1971 » 11 Jul 2006 07:37

I have no problem with people asking for an away season ticket if there intentions are to go to every game. As a regular who travels away I like to see as many of us there as possible. However what I do not want to see is people reselling tickets to games they cant attend. Ok the odd one or two is fine with me, but we have already had one person stating he will be selling tickets on HNA for the ones he cant go to.
I dont know why this should bother me as it will not affect me. I suppose its because im a life long fan who feels that supporters who have supported the club for a number of season's, but either cant go to every game or cant afford every game and have a large number of points do have a right to be some where near the front of the queue. Also anyone who resells tickets gets the points and the buyer doesnt.
Thats my opinion and I would hope people respect it.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 11 Jul 2006 08:11

RFCSinceBury1971 I have no problem with people asking for an away season ticket if there intentions are to go to every game. As a regular who travels away I like to see as many of us there as possible. However what I do not want to see is people reselling tickets to games they cant attend. Ok the odd one or two is fine with me, but we have already had one person stating he will be selling tickets on HNA for the ones he cant go to.
I dont know why this should bother me as it will not affect me. I suppose its because im a life long fan who feels that supporters who have supported the club for a number of season's, but either cant go to every game or cant afford every game and have a large number of points do have a right to be some where near the front of the queue. Also anyone who resells tickets gets the points and the buyer doesnt.
Thats my opinion and I would hope people respect it.

Whilst I may respect your opinion do we really need to re-hash a discussion that dragged over many pages previously?

I fully intend to go to every game (missed 4 in total last season)but work circumstances/illness may dictate that there are occasions where this will not be possible and I will have no hesitation to sell my ticket (for face value of course) to a fellow 'nobber.

Should I not have acquired an AST then?

Surely it is better to resell knowing that someone will benefit from seeing us play rather than me sitting at home listening to the radio whilst clutching my ticket?

I also have to admit to a feeling of being held a little bit to ransom by the club in insisting that cup tickets are included. I would probably choose not to go and watch our second string perform away to some northern Div 2 club in the meaningless cup.