Home Cups STs

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Home Cups STs

by Volvicanus » 19 Sep 2006 11:22

I called the club to purchase some Darlington tickets and was told that I had actually already purchased them as I have signed up for Home Cup Matches Season ticket. I was quite surprised - and it sounds like something I probably would want anyway - but I don't remember actually signing up for this or ever being asked about it either. Can someone tell me the specifics of when I might have signed up for this?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 Sep 2006 11:28

There was a box on the season ticket application form to tick if you wanted home cup tickets as well as the away season ticket and STAR membership. I can only assume you marked the box although oddly i don't remember doing it either but i apparently have as well.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 19 Sep 2006 11:29

wasn't thsi the box that was out of line and looked like it had been ticked when it had not?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 19 Sep 2006 11:53

Reading FC are clever aren't they?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Sep 2006 12:06

Well, I and a couple of mates all ticked this "Home cup ST" box and the club completely ignored this!

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 19 Sep 2006 12:20

Same situation for me, wasnt' going because of work commitments but on my barclay card statement I had one £5 payment, called them up and they said I had signed for it. Going to make a complaint after the game. Reading FC had no right to do that at all and I advise everyone who isnt going to check their statements.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 19 Sep 2006 12:32

biscuitman Same situation for me, wasnt' going because of work commitments but on my barclay card statement I had one £5 payment, called them up and they said I had signed for it. Going to make a complaint after the game. Reading FC had no right to do that at all and I advise everyone who isnt going to check their statements.

This could explain why the official Reading FC website is stating a crowd of 12000 for tonight.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 19 Sep 2006 12:36

I did sign up for the cup games with my away season ticket but can not tell wether I have a ticket for tonights match or not.
If I check online it says that they have taken payment for Pompey and West Ham games away but has no mention of the Darlington game tonight. Have tried contacting the ticket office to confirm but I ended up 30th in the que so decided to hang up and try my luck this evening.

Does anybody else that did sign up for the cup matches with an away season ticket have confirmation online at Readingfc.co.uk?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 19 Sep 2006 12:39

Warfield Royal
biscuitman Same situation for me, wasnt' going because of work commitments but on my barclay card statement I had one £5 payment, called them up and they said I had signed for it. Going to make a complaint after the game. Reading FC had no right to do that at all and I advise everyone who isnt going to check their statements.

This could explain why the official Reading FC website is stating a crowd of 12000 for tonight.

surely it would be 18,000 if they included all sts, or did they just pick on a few to imagine a tick in the box.

From personal experience the inclusion/exclusion of the ticks seems quite haphazard or else otherwise sensible people all had a mad moment when filling the form in.

However, from the other point of view those who helped us send out the membership forms for STAR will remember how you cannot allow your concentration to drop for a moment when doing such a repetative yet varied task and that was for just a few hours!

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 19 Sep 2006 12:43

BenReadingFC I did sign up for the cup games with my away season ticket but can not tell wether I have a ticket for tonights match or not.
If I check online it says that they have taken payment for Pompey and West Ham games away but has no mention of the Darlington game tonight. Have tried contacting the ticket office to confirm but I ended up 30th in the que so decided to hang up and try my luck this evening.

Does anybody else that did sign up for the cup matches with an away season ticket have confirmation online at Readingfc.co.uk?

AFAIK the away season ticket includes all away and only away fixtures for league and cup and if we were playing Darlington away then you would have been charged and received a ticket.

The automatic home cup matches option was separate to the away season ticket.

If your online order history does not show the Darlington match then you have not been charged or allocated a ticket for this match.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 19 Sep 2006 12:46

surely it would be 18,000 if they included all sts, or did they just pick on a few to imagine a tick in the box.

They picked on the poeple who are paying in installments throughout the season, just got a call from a mate and its happened to him aswell, he is also paying installments.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Sep 2006 12:56

starliaison surely it would be 18,000 if they included all sts, or did they just pick on a few to imagine a tick in the box.
I renewed mine online so no boxes to tick, others may have renewed over the phone.

Harps stay sharp

by Harps stay sharp » 19 Sep 2006 13:15

I ticked the box, but I thought it was for seat priority for cup tickets not that tickets would automatically be charged for.

I have checked online and it says I have a ticket confirmed tonight, but the club haven't taken any money from my accout yet!

I am just going to go and see what happens. :?

BeastOfWinnersh

by BeastOfWinnersh » 19 Sep 2006 15:15

I did the st payment installments for mine and sons - but when I bought the Darlington tickets on-line it did not tell me I had already been allocated them, I had to buy them - so far do nto think I've been charged twice.

But looking back over my creadit card statements since July and my on-line purchases it makes odd reading so I will have to aks the club what is going on as there are odd ammount and some only a couple of days apart and the on-line states things like test not for sale.
But I guess as long as the total for the two STs is what I expect then it will be okay - will just have to keep a close eye and record what I put on my credit card for other tickets etc.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 19 Sep 2006 16:04

I am on the installments plan as well - any one else confirm that they seem to have purchased this option without remembering doing so along with the installment payment plan?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 19 Sep 2006 16:07

As far as I can tell, people ticked their choice of boxes on the ST forms, and then the people in the Sales Centre entered that data in a completely random way, which may or may not match what the person wanted.

The accuracy rate of this data entry in the SC is atrocious, so anything could happen.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 Sep 2006 16:20

I'm not on the instalment plan but still appear to have the home cup ticket option added.

Having said that i filled mine in on the day of the QPR game and was to put it mildly slightly the worse for wear so chances are it was my mistake.
I'm quite glad it's happened mind as i'm quite looking forward to tonight's game now.

I've just realised that i've not received my STAR membership which is the box i thought i'd ticked so i had better get that checked out asap.

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 19 Sep 2006 18:06

Wish I could check my points, but as an AOL user I cant. Tried to phone the sales centre, but at postion 70, really couldnt be bothered.

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1