Spurs Tickets

198 posts
Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 02 Mar 2007 14:33

Platypuss
I'd be grateful if you could explain as to who has now been disadvantaged by the way the Spurs ticket sales have been handled.

OK before you get on your high horse, I'm not saying its right or wrong, but in my opinion, which i am entitled to, by increasing the upper numbers, less people "who make the effort" are going to be able to get tickets.

Effectively it is just reducing the number of people given the chance to go, Spoon feeding the fans who, and I tread carefully when I say it "found an excuse" for why they missed out on Arsenal tickets. Those people are still going to have to get themselves down the club or on the phone on a given day, so no real change.

Someone in the 'old' second bracket is now in the fourth bracket, and in the case of a high demand game, such as Arsenal, they may not even get a chance to purchase a ticket. OK, I agree this may be fair as those with higher points deserve first chance to get tickets, but as we all know people who don't want to go pass their cards on to people who want to go. The old system at least gave more people a chance to get tickets.

By raising the upper limit and creating 3? new bands, the ticket office are effectively giving themselves an easy ride. They are unlikely to have another occasion where they have to sell 3 games at once including a Home tie with Man Utd and an away trip to Arsenal.

And that is my explanation.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Mar 2007 14:39

That's a hell of a lot of words just to say "no one".

I hope you don't mind that I didn't bother reading all of them.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 15:00

Spirit of Elm Park
Platypuss
I'd be grateful if you could explain as to who has now been disadvantaged by the way the Spurs ticket sales have been handled.

OK before you get on your high horse, I'm not saying its right or wrong, but in my opinion, which i am entitled to, by increasing the upper numbers, less people "who make the effort" are going to be able to get tickets.

Effectively it is just reducing the number of people given the chance to go, Spoon feeding the fans who, and I tread carefully when I say it "found an excuse" for why they missed out on Arsenal tickets. Those people are still going to have to get themselves down the club or on the phone on a given day, so no real change.

Someone in the 'old' second bracket is now in the fourth bracket, and in the case of a high demand game, such as Arsenal, they may not even get a chance to purchase a ticket. OK, I agree this may be fair as those with higher points deserve first chance to get tickets, but as we all know people who don't want to go pass their cards on to people who want to go. The old system at least gave more people a chance to get tickets.

By raising the upper limit and creating 3? new bands, the ticket office are effectively giving themselves an easy ride. They are unlikely to have another occasion where they have to sell 3 games at once including a Home tie with Man Utd and an away trip to Arsenal.

Surely that is the whole point of it, those with the most points don't have to wade through the queuing system along side all those members in a 50 point bracket. Queuing times are shorter, all those supporters in the highest brackets get first dibs without a person that has been to less games getting one and everyone is happy.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 02 Mar 2007 15:28

Platypuss That's a hell of a lot of words just to say "no one".

So you ask for an explanation and don't bother reading it?

I trust your 14 year old imported lady boy was impressed by your keyboard warrior braggodoccio?

I'll always listen to others opinion, I'm afraid you just put yourself on the list of those that I won't bother in future.

But then you'll say you don't care....so :wink:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 02 Mar 2007 15:34

The club really can;t win can it

make the points in each band big and people complain that people with less points them them got a ticket coz they didn't get time to sort themselves out

Make the points gap small the people with the lower points within a bracket are unhappy coz now those with more points have longer to sort themselves out meaning they are more likely to miss out

is it time to just go back to a free for all and people who never go to a game have the same chance as those that went to lots of games
Last edited by weybridgewanderer on 02 Mar 2007 15:35, edited 2 times in total.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 02 Mar 2007 15:34

Huntley & Palmer
Spirit of Elm Park
Platypuss

Surely that is the whole point of it, those with the most points don't have to wade through the queuing system along side all those members in a 50 point bracket. Queuing times are shorter, all those supporters in the highest brackets get first dibs without a person that has been to less games getting one and everyone is happy.

Yes, As I said, I'm not on one side more than the other, I just think, and maybe its the businessman in me, that the more people who are able to get tickets the better it is.

As has been proven on here also over time, those with high figures haven't always been to the games to get them, some pass their card around to others that require it, therefore accumulating points.

I feel the old system allowed a larger number of fans 'the chance' to go to games, first come first serve.

Its all irrelevant anyway, as the tickets will sell out at a point, it just sat better with me if more people had a chance. Like the old Elm Park days when everyone was equal, if you got there first, you got a ticket :wink: .

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 02 Mar 2007 15:37

weybridgewanderer The club really can;t win can it

make the points in each band big and people complain that people with less points them them got a ticket coz they didn't get time to sort themselves out

Make the points gap small the people with the lower points within a bracket are unhappy coz now those with more points have longer to sort themselves out meaning they are more likely to miss out

is it time to just go back to a free for all and people who never go to a game have the same chance as those that went to lots of games

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Well....if I am I'm complaining at the complainers that complained and got the club to change what IMO was a perfectly just and fair system. If that makes sense :?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 16:36

weybridgewanderer The club really can;t win can it

If RFC were to do it properly, then you would have an Away Club Membership. Away game tickets are only taken into consideration for whether you get a ticket or not, not if you go to Home games. People with the most away visits in that season get first dibs, broken down by home many then have been to. This scales down until you have an amount left for people that have not been, these are then placed into a ballot where people put their member card number forwards. It changes season upon season so everyone gets a clean slate, first away game goes to complete ballot. Second away game is offered to those that went to the first, then ballot etc.

This way would give both Reading folk and exiles a level playing field every season. It works for all the other clubs it is in place with.

The problem is that it would be unworkable now, as the membership scheme was only ever brought in to reward those that went to home games.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 05 Mar 2007 10:34

Anyone phoned up yet ?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Mar 2007 13:25

Spirit of Elm Park
Platypuss That's a hell of a lot of words just to say "no one".

So you ask for an explanation and don't bother reading it?

I trust your 14 year old imported lady boy was impressed by your keyboard warrior braggodoccio?

I'll always listen to others opinion, I'm afraid you just put yourself on the list of those that I won't bother in future.

But then you'll say you don't care....so :wink:

A five-second skim was all that was required to show that your answer was effectively "no one". Please don't go down the Frimmers route - most time less is more.

BTW I think you'll find that the term is actually braggadocio, and be advised that as I actually am a 14-year old Vietnamese ladyboy I have no need of a similar companion.

HTH, HAND, FOAD.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Mar 2007 13:31

Huntley & Palmer
roland*
Huntley & Palmer Have you ever been to White Hart Lane? The segregation is stewards either side of the away support in the top tier and a line to the right of the away fans in the lower tier. There is no official barriers or netting between the fans. Just like at Newcastle and hence why just under 200 seats are lost

I've been and understand what you are saying. Argument is; why is it our allocation that should suffer?

Because there is not set segregation at White Hart Lane, apart from a visitors entrance. It's under 200 seats, I can't see why RFC fans get so steamed over such trivial matters. The home club always wants as many of it's own fans in as possible, they have probably justified the small reduction in tickets on safety grounds.

Point is, why have an absolute rule if big clubs like Spurs can then come up with any old excuse to bend it? So Spurs would have to undertake some building work to comply - big deal, it's not like they can't afford it and have had a few seasons to think about it.

I bet the PL wouldn't be as accommodating to a small/new arrival to their club.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Mar 2007 13:33

I tell you what, go to the game and you will see what I mean. There are no means of increasing away fans tickets.
Last edited by Huntley & Palmer on 05 Mar 2007 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 05 Mar 2007 13:33

Hoop Blah Well the club seem to have realised their mistake with the points thresholds for the Arsenal tickets, I wonder if the HNA posters who defended it have now seen the light too.At least the TO look like they're learning from their mistakes, thats an improvement!

I fully expect them to argue that the ticket office got it right for the Arsenal game and got it right for the Spurs game despite them doing something completely different on the two occassions.

As you say, at least it appears that the ticket office realised they cocked up over Arsenal even if their apologists don't.

Symposium

by Symposium » 05 Mar 2007 15:43

Huntley & Palmer I tell you what, go to the game and you will see what I mean. There are no means of increasing away fans tickets.

Admittedly, I haven't been to WHL, but surely they could give us another stand instead? It's their fault they haven't got a suitably sized away facility, so it should be home tickets that are reduced as a result.

So put us in a 8000 capacity area if they must, but I can't see why they get permission to punish us for their poor facilities!

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Mar 2007 15:47

You obviously don't understand the way it works, then.

Spurs will, according to FAPL rules, set aside the required 3000 tickets for away fans. They're completely meeting the rules in that.

But then their FLA rep, and the safety peopel at the local council will say "You don't have adequete segrageation for this to be safe - we order you to introduce segregation, and we order you to reduce the away allocation to make this happen."

So blame the FLA and whoever the local licensing authority is.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Mar 2007 15:52

Symposium
Huntley & Palmer I tell you what, go to the game and you will see what I mean. There are no means of increasing away fans tickets.

Admittedly, I haven't been to WHL, but surely they could give us another stand instead? It's their fault they haven't got a suitably sized away facility, so it should be home tickets that are reduced as a result.

So put us in a 8000 capacity area if they must, but I can't see why they get permission to punish us for their poor facilities!

What Dirk said basically. Whilst it is a rule, it is possible to get round it on the basis of crowd safety and police advice. It's nothing new.

Symposium

by Symposium » 06 Mar 2007 00:23

Dirk Gently You obviously don't understand the way it works, then.

Spurs will, according to FAPL rules, set aside the required 3000 tickets for away fans. They're completely meeting the rules in that.

But then their FLA rep, and the safety peopel at the local council will say "You don't have adequete segrageation for this to be safe - we order you to introduce segregation, and we order you to reduce the away allocation to make this happen."

So blame the FLA and whoever the local licensing authority is.

Indeed I don't! Fair enough, then... just seems a bit odd to have a minimum, and then allow clubs to get away with offering less than the minimum! Maybe they should be setting timescales for clubs to get the segregation or whatever up to scratch? :wink:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 06 Mar 2007 00:47

Is this another stadium where we get put in the corner :roll:

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Mar 2007 06:05

Yep but WHL is a really good stadium. Upper Tier is much better than the Lower Tier.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Mar 2007 09:01

RG30 Yep but WHL is a really good stadium. Upper Tier is much better than the Lower Tier.

No it isn't. It might look nice but when I visited there a few seasons ago I thought the all round experience was terrible.

Getting there is a nightmare, parking is a nightmare, facilities weren't anything special, seats were very cramped.

On the plus side the atmosphere was fairly decent.

198 posts