Gourmet Burgers

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Apr 2007 16:56

Hoop Blah
Dirk Gently
Hoop Blah Exactly, and Reading Town is still within most peoples price range if they don't like the premium product served up at Madjeski!

Agreed! Sadly that's what professional football is all about in the 21st century.

Unfortunately yes, but you can't have a pop at Seb for moaning about the extortionate price of food when also campaigning for fair ticket prices...

Just watch me ;-)

Food is an optional extra that you can decide not to have at the match, and there are also a variety of cheaper alternatives. No-one comes here to eat the burgers - they are ancillary to the football.

But the match is the whole raison d'etre.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 17 Apr 2007 21:09

Matt de K Scrumptious Burgers : hamburger £3. cheeseburger £3. hotdog £3. hotdog with cheese £3.20???? hows that work out then???

Anyway, surely we could goto Trading Standards and report them because their names are extremely misleading

Violently sick burgers is more appropriate

cheeryoleary

by cheeryoleary » 17 Apr 2007 21:11

Get a portable gas oven in the STAR HQ. Sell a few burgers and hot dogs.
Nice bit of revenue for the fan police.

With any luck the place willl catch fire and burn to the ground.

Do I need to add a wink?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Apr 2007 09:41

Dirk Gently But the match is the whole raison d'etre.

Which you can take or leave if the price isn't to your liking....

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 18 Apr 2007 12:11

I think at EP I bought less than 10 burgers in the time I was there and 0 at the Madjeski.
Eat before you go is what I do, the food up there is a rip off.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Apr 2007 12:18

Hoop Blah

I agree with you Hoop Blah and would've posted what you have had you not got in there first. You can't have a go at someone for saying burger prices are a disgrace and then on the other hand say that bus fares and ticket prices are a disgrace yourself. Doesn't make any sense.

FWIW I saw the van, saw how much it cost and LOLed a lot. £7 for a burger is ridiculous.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 18 Apr 2007 12:29

I prefer to go to Wetherspoons and eat a reasonably decent plate of food and have a pint for about £6, but I usually end up having a pie in there anyway...

royal goof

by royal goof » 18 Apr 2007 12:58

Don't buy any of the food or drink! It's all crap and over priced.

Eat and drink before you go then take some snacks and a hip flask for half time!!

Then if everyone stopped buying it these people (and the club's counters inside) would have no choice but to reduce their prices and improve quality..

Then you can reassess your options.. It's not rocket science.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Apr 2007 13:53

I salute the the bloke who when asked for £40 for 5 burgers and chips told them where to get off.

It used to just be a pie and a cup of bovril at half time and then back to the pub. When I say used to be, up until five years ago it would have been a quid or so for a bovril and £1.50ish for a pie.

It probably still is if you go to Meadow Lane, Spotland, Boundary Park, Saltergate etc etc

We are Premier League now - that means, unfortunately, we are going to be milked until your nips are sore!

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 18 Apr 2007 14:19

royal goof Don't buy any of the food or drink! It's all crap and over priced.

Eat and drink before you go then take some snacks and a hip flask for half time!!

Then if everyone stopped buying it these people (and the club's counters inside) would have no choice but to reduce their prices and improve quality..

Then you can reassess your options.. It's not rocket science.

Surely our really poor club have to charge the food vans excessive rates and they just pass it onto the mugs that buy from there?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Apr 2007 12:18

Royal Lady
Silver Fox I honestly thought Reading fans could come up with less valid things to complain about than they already do (new shirts, away fans standing, Oliver Holt) but there's always the capacity to surprise I guess :roll:
Did you know that you won't be able to smoke outside the North stand from next season?

Had it confirmed by the club that there are no plans to change the smoking policy in the North Stand next season, they did not even consider talking about changing it. So whoever gave us the information was wrong

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Apr 2007 12:50

Clearly it was RL, trying to stir up unrest amongst the cool folks of the North

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 19 Apr 2007 12:51

Mr Optimist I salute the the bloke who when asked for £40 for 5 burgers and chips told them where to get off.

It used to just be a pie and a cup of bovril at half time and then back to the pub. When I say used to be, up until five years ago it would have been a quid or so for a bovril and £1.50ish for a pie.

It probably still is if you go to Meadow Lane, Spotland, Boundary Park, Saltergate etc etc

We are Premier League now - that means, unfortunately, we are going to be milked until your nips are sore!

its still only £1.10 for a bovril

RfcMad2002

by RfcMad2002 » 19 Apr 2007 13:21

weybridgewanderer
Mr Optimist I salute the the bloke who when asked for £40 for 5 burgers and chips told them where to get off.

its still only £1.10 for a bovril

it is now clear what is happening.

the price of bovril has been frozen, and to make up for the loss in profit on said item, the price of other products has increased!!!

now we know what all the bovril was about!

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 19 Apr 2007 13:39

Hoop Blah

True but are you likely to be at the Mad Stad with the opportunity to buy an overpriced burger unless you are there for the football.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Apr 2007 13:50

Maybe that's the answer! Imagine if hundreds of supporters did that!

Do you think they might get the message? Or at least get very annoyed! :wink:

size 12

by size 12 » 19 Apr 2007 15:22

The best food at the stadium, although still very expensive, are the pies on sale in the hotel. £4.50, but at least they are made with unprocessed meat and vegetables

However, why anyone drinks in there is beyond me. £3.75 for a pint of Guinness is an outrage