Play-Off Tickets

405 posts
Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Play-Off Tickets

by Wizard » 05 May 2009 16:51

Cheers WSM. I don't have any mates who are going, don't have any Reading supporting mates.

I can't really come and queue coz I live in Manchester now and I work shifts including 3 in 4 Saturdays, which is why I haven't been to as many matches as I'd like and therefore have fewer points. I've only been to about 16 this season but I can make the final if we get there, so I'd love to go.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 May 2009 17:17

Wizard I don't have any mates

yeah we got thank, thanks.

Fact is all of the above is just a long way of saying you're 100% nailed on for a final ticket with your royalty points.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 05 May 2009 17:20

Just to help those that maybe are not regulars at home games, IF we get to Wembley
then all rules go out of the window. What I mean by that is it does not matter in the
slightest how many fans we have !
I took a coachload to the Simod Cup final....some of the folks on that coach never
saw Reading play before or after. Same for 1995 at Wembley.

So...IF we get to Wembley;
13,000-14,000 ST holders - banked
4,000-5,000 recent season ticket holders (in Prem seasons) - banked
5,000-6,000 who each attend between 1-5/6/7 games a season - banked

So that is 23,000 for a kick off. Since Sunday, I must have had half a dozen requests from
folks asking about 'potential Wembley tickets'. These are your "one game every few years" type.

If I recall correctly, the home game after the Simod Cup final (where we took around 40,000)
was something like 10,000. Make no mistake, IF we get to Wembley, we will sell our allocation.
No debate required.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 May 2009 17:30

'gree we'd sell out, but someone with 100 points like the above are 100% on for a ticket, no bother.

My mum and sister went to Wembley in '95 - neither have been to a football match since.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 05 May 2009 17:31

How many people do we have that have either an active member card or a season ticket member card or season ticket ?

If it is less than 35000 then I suspect every season ticket holder and member card holder will get a ticket

This should be where we see benefit of the Royalty points system. Its not a mad scramble for tickets with people who have virtially no histroy of ever having gone to a Reading game (eg me at the play off final v Bolton)

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 May 2009 18:59

weybridgewanderer How many people do we have that have either an active member card or a season ticket member card or season ticket ?

If it is less than 35000 then I suspect every season ticket holder and member card holder will get a ticket

This should be where we see benefit of the Royalty points system. Its not a mad scramble for tickets with people who have virtially no histroy of ever having gone to a Reading game (eg me at the play off final v Bolton)

It's over 40,000 cards issued.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 May 2009 19:03

West Stand Man
Maguire
Wizard Maybe it is a slight premature, but what are the chances of me getting tickets for Wembley?

Absolutely 100% nailed on. How many fans do you think we have?!

Well, on both the last 2 occasions that we have been to a play off final we have sold out and could have taken more. At the time, our ticket sales for the Bolton game represented the highest number of tickets for a club to have sold for a Wembley game (because they don't allocate as many to Cup Final teams of course).

We have a huge fan base for this type of game, and I'd be surprised if we don't sell out again even in the newly enlarged Wembley. Having said that, if you have Royalty points and are happy to get to the ticket office to queue when they announce that you are eligible I'd be surprised if you don't get one. As a fall back, see if you have mate with more points who isn't going.

Our support at the Cardif play off weekend was the best out of all six teams. Mind we were the nearest geographicly!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 05 May 2009 19:14

Jackson Corner
weybridgewanderer How many people do we have that have either an active member card or a season ticket member card or season ticket ?

But less than 40,000 card holders.

I must have a dozen or more cards.... obtained for friends / visitors over the years and with varying numbers of points on them.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 05 May 2009 19:50

Jackson Corner It's over 40,000 cards issued.

when they first came out i got a member card, i later replaced this with a season ticket and as a result got a new member number

do i count once or twice in the 40 000 cards issued?

i suspect many of the 9000 half season tickets issued in 05/06 were to people that already had a member card

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 May 2009 19:53

New or replacement member cards though.?

New accounts speak for themselves. Replacments or S/T's just overwrite the old member number.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 05 May 2009 20:41

royalexile New or replacement member cards though.?

New accounts speak for themselves. Replacments or S/T's just overwrite the old member number.

hhmmm, i could still log in to my old member card account. never tried buying a ticket on it.

i did have to change the email address as it would not let me have 2 cards with the same email address

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 05 May 2009 20:42

Anyone know how much tickets will cost for the final?
Obviously a rough estimate....

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 05 May 2009 20:53

I should think depending on seating plan 30 - £80 max.

The Cube

by The Cube » 05 May 2009 21:41

West Stand Man At the time, our ticket sales for the Bolton game represented the highest number of tickets for a club to have sold for a Wembley game (because they don't allocate as many to Cup Final teams of course)

That's nonsense, even after the Wembley capacity was reduced. What you have got confused with is the fact that our turnout at the 2001 play-off final was the highest that any club had managed for a game there at the time (beaten a couple of years later by Bristol City for - I think - an LDV final).

However, your general point about the number of people who will be interested in this game is entirely valid.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 05 May 2009 22:27

Jackson Corner

Does that include now-defunct cards? I'm on my fourth. (Original card, replaced by season ticket, then replaced by club because of a computer glitch, then replaced with a new member card when I didn't renew my season ticket.)

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 05 May 2009 22:28

rabidbee
Jackson Corner

Does that include now-defunct cards? I'm on my fourth. (Original card, replaced by season ticket, then replaced by club because of a computer glitch, then replaced with a new member card when I didn't renew my season ticket.)

rabidbee = 4 x plastic

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 05 May 2009 22:29

What's going on? Are we really in the play-offs? Booked my home tickets with no fuss when I got home from the pub on Sunday night, and got through on the phone without having to wait to book the away game today. It's not like the days of queuing all the way around Elm Park, is it?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 May 2009 23:01

rabidbee What's going on? Are we really in the play-offs? Booked my home tickets with no fuss when I got home from the pub on Sunday night, and got through on the phone without having to wait to book the away game today. It's not like the days of queuing all the way around Elm Park, is it?

Am hoping I get through nice and quickly on Thursday for my tickets. It being my bday I'm sure I will have no problems...

(I am aware I have jinxed myself terribly here).

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 06 May 2009 00:59

Cheers for all the info guys. I should be fine for tickets then I suspect.

Though course we gotta get there first!

Dr Hfuhruhurr

by Dr Hfuhruhurr » 06 May 2009 09:05

West Stand Man
Maguire
Wizard Maybe it is a slight premature, but what are the chances of me getting tickets for Wembley?

Absolutely 100% nailed on. How many fans do you think we have?!

Its not the number of fans you have to count, its the number of fans' wives and children.

405 posts