New Kit - Rate the kit POLL ADDED

745 posts

What do you think of the new kit, and most notably, no traditional white shorts and socks again?

I like the home kit
47%
I don't like the home kit
32%
I like the home shirt, but I dislike the non traditional blue shorts and blue socks
16%
I don't like the home shirt, but I do like the non traditional blue shorts and socks
5%

Total votes: 173
Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

New Kit - Rate the kit POLL ADDED

by Deathy » 09 Apr 2009 20:18

Rate the home kit - Poll added

[/quote]
Last edited by Deathy on 16 Jul 2009 13:10, edited 3 times in total.

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New kit next season, or just a Sale?

by AlexY25 » 09 Apr 2009 20:57

Im pretty sure there's a new kit next season because with renewing your season ticket you get £10 off next years one. So unless there just going to give the kit for a tenner now out for free, i'd expect a new one.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Apr 2009 11:48

New kit next season.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 10 Apr 2009 12:09

Dirk Gently New kit next season.

Can STAR ask the club to justify why this kit wont last two seasons?

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 10 Apr 2009 13:33

Deathy

£££££

Toon Toon Blue army

Re: New Kit Again Next Season - R£ADING FC

by Toon Toon Blue army » 10 Apr 2009 14:14

Not a bother for me as I no longer buy football shirts. Actually I think its quite good, the club gets more money from the mugs who actualy buy the shirts.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Apr 2009 14:26

It's actually compulsory to buy the new shirts.....

I always find this knee jerk reaction a bit odd.

If you like buying replica shirts then having them changed on a regular basis must be a good thing.

if you don't then it doesn't matter when they change.

it can only be the people who feel incomplete unless they are wearing a pseudo replica of what the players are actually wearing who are impacted, and the message there must be 'get a life'.....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Apr 2009 15:16

Deathy

Do they have to justify it? It will last for as long as you decide to wear it.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Apr 2009 15:18

Dirk Gently
Deathy

Do they have to justify it? It will last for as long as you decide to wear it.

'greed!

Why everyone feels that they HAVE to buy the shirt every season, I don't know.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Apr 2009 15:23

I'm a shirter and proud of it.

I have two. A slightly faded Auto Trader and the premiership Kyocera.

Obviously I'm fuming that there might be a new one next season.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 10 Apr 2009 15:25

It's been a long time since I last bought one, and wont be any time soon. But it was always the case that a kit lasted two seasons, or usually, anyway.

I just think the club take piss to be honest. It doesn't affect me anyhoo, just having a good bitch.

RIP-OFF R£ADING.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Apr 2009 15:26

No different to any other club, and the simple principle is Don't buy it if you don't want to.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Apr 2009 15:29

Dirk Gently No different to any other club, and the simple principle is Don't buy it if you don't want to.

Closest I can find to Pantone 286.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 10 Apr 2009 23:28

Isn't it sort of good to have a shirt from previous seasons anyway? A bit like saying "Look I'm no plastic!"

Just thinking...

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 11 Apr 2009 07:48

still got my shirt from the 93/94 season, no reason not to wear that..... think I might get it made up with Quinn's name on the back just for a laugh.....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Apr 2009 14:17

Deathy It's been a long time since I last bought one, and wont be any time soon. But it was always the case that a kit lasted two seasons, or usually, anyway.

I just think the club take piss to be honest. It doesn't affect me anyhoo, just having a good bitch.

RIP-OFF R£ADING.

Agreed!

Dirk Gently No different to any other club, and the simple principle is Don't buy it if you don't want to.

Again agreed. Show the money grabbing p*ss taking barstewards where they can stick their £35+ new shirts every season. I really hope the tactic of introducing a new shirt every season (with the most pathetic & unbelievable excuses as to why that is necessary) backfires on them.

At the very least they could stop taking supporters for stupid and make a clear statement that they intend to try to maximise revenue every way possible and therefore will be introducing a new shirt every season. As for their charter - not worth the paper it was written on.

Sun Tzu It's actually compulsory to buy the new shirts.....

I always find this knee jerk reaction a bit odd.

If you like buying replica shirts then having them changed on a regular basis must be a good thing.

Why must it be a good thing? Particularly at the inflated prices they charge for them.

Presumably most people buy them because they are a replica i.e. they want to wear the same shirt as the players. Why does that mean they would want to keep shelling out hard earned cash every year because their 'replica' shirt is no longer the same as the players wear? Don't you think the normal preference would be to keep their £35+ in their pocket and still be wearing the same shirt as the players?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 11 Apr 2009 14:47

True. I buy shirts now and then, but only if I think the new one is better than the one I have. A quick check on oldfootballshirts.com suggests I've bought 6 of 14. Of course the problem comes for those with kids, who are perhaps more eager to want the new shirt every time.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 11 Apr 2009 17:52

RoyalBlue Presumably most people buy them because they are a replica i.e. they want to wear the same shirt as the players. Why does that mean they would want to keep shelling out hard earned cash every year because their 'replica' shirt is no longer the same as the players wear? Don't you think the normal preference would be to keep their £35+ in their pocket and still be wearing the same shirt as the players?

I think you misuse the word 'normal' in this context....

I don;t think there is anything too 'normal' in an obsession to dress identically to a bunch of footballers when that extends to having to ditch a reasonably expensive but perfectly functional shirt in order to wear one with some subtle changes.

'Normal' would be being able to recognise that a club shirt is a club shirt and there is absolutely no 'need' to wear an exact replica when it is obvious to everyone that the wearer is not a team member anyway !

I assume you don;t have the same attitude in the rest of your consumer behaviour - I want to eat at my favourite restaurant but don;t want to fork out for it, I want to wear a brand of sunglasses but won't pay extra for the designer label....

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Apr 2009 17:55

True. I buy shirts now and then, but only if I think the new one is better than the one I have. A quick check on oldfootballshirts.com suggests I've bought 6 of 14. Of course the problem comes for those with kids, who are perhaps more eager to want the new shirt every time.

I'd suggest that is more of an parenting probem than a football problem.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 11 Apr 2009 19:17

Sun Tzu
RoyalBlue Presumably most people buy them because they are a replica i.e. they want to wear the same shirt as the players. Why does that mean they would want to keep shelling out hard earned cash every year because their 'replica' shirt is no longer the same as the players wear? Don't you think the normal preference would be to keep their £35+ in their pocket and still be wearing the same shirt as the players?

'Normal' would be being able to recognise that a club shirt is a club shirt and there is absolutely no 'need' to wear an exact replica when it is obvious to everyone that the wearer is not a team member anyway !..

Nobody who buys a shirt is trying to look like a member of the team. It's just about "wearing your colours" as a way of supporting the team. Whether it makes a slightest bit of difference to a performance is open to debate, but there is no doubt that a set of fans in colours is far more impressive than one that's not (and probably more inspiring that hearing songs about stabbing Swindon fans as well). Fans, even the most hardcore supporters around the world, wear club shirts. It's only in England that some fans seem to have a hang up about it.

745 posts