Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

2186 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Qatar Hero - The World Cup 2022 thread

by genome » 29 Nov 2022 20:58

Don't really get the Welsh game plan. You only need a win. Surely you go for it from the off, and try and establish a lead to defend rather than sit back and let England dictate play.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 29 Nov 2022 20:59

Zip We have been truly terrible at this tournament.

:|
Wtf you on about we just won 4-0 and had a blip and drew 0-0 last game after destroying Iran 6-2

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 29 Nov 2022 21:00

Green Yes England have dominated but the BBC commentary has been incredibly patronising to the Welsh.

"Cheers for turning up boyos hope you enjoyed your days out"

"They'll give themselves a little pat on the back" :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2022 21:05

Loafer

Wtf you on about we just won 4-0 and had a blip and drew 0-0 last game after destroying Iran 6-2

:roll:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Nov 2022 21:05

Green Yes England have dominated but the BBC commentary has been incredibly patronising to the Welsh.

To be honest, England have given them a lesson today
The US gave them a lesson for an hour
Iran were ordinary but still Wales couldn’t put a decent performance together

Sadly, their generational talent has passed and all they had at this tournament were the days out

That’s not patronising, it’s my opinion of where they’re at

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Nov 2022 21:07

Brogue
Royal Rother It is comical how the commentators love to create a story - Rashford being brilliant from start to finish is just such a ridiculous misreading of his contribution.

Pretty electric in the 2nd half for sure (and fair play to him) but he was terrible in the 1st.

2 goals, (even if both due to poor goalkeeping) is a decent end result for him (and us) but please don’t over go OTT.

They’ve got to talk for 90 minutes + you try talking for 90 mins straight without talking shit at some point. Hell, you type alot of shit and it’s almost been every other post over the last few sporting occasions

:lol: Fair comment!

Joao is still crap though.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 29 Nov 2022 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 29 Nov 2022 21:07

Your two talesmen didn't turn up, tournament too far for them and with the pool if players you have it stuffed you.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2022 21:07

genome Don't really get the Welsh game plan. You only need a win. Surely you go for it from the off, and try and establish a lead to defend rather than sit back and let England dictate play.

The one thing we absolutely had to do was high press. Yet we did nothing of the sort. It was more than that though. Our passing was embarrassing. It was far too easy for England.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2022 21:09

6ft Kerplunk

Your two talesmen didn't turn up, tournament too far for them and with the pool if players you have it stuffed you.

Ramsey was terrible. He was match fit but he is well past his best. Bale simply isn’t fit these days. He can no longer carry the team.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Nov 2022 21:12

Zip
genome Don't really get the Welsh game plan. You only need a win. Surely you go for it from the off, and try and establish a lead to defend rather than sit back and let England dictate play.

The one thing we absolutely had to do was high press. Yet we did nothing of the sort. It was more than that though. Our passing was embarrassing. It was far too easy for England.

Very strange wasn’t it?
Thought that after about five minutes of first half. Why aren’t they closing us down?!

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 29 Nov 2022 21:15

Zip
Loafer

What?

Edit: forgot your Welsh lol
Last edited by Loafer on 29 Nov 2022 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Nov 2022 21:15

bcubed
Zip

Very strange wasn’t it?
Thought that after about five minutes of first half. Why aren’t they closing us down?!

Trouble is that England have the quality of players to skip round them and really hurt them (not that they do it all the time, obviously)
I think Page was genuinely concerned they might get a real pasting if they pushed too hard and I think he genuinely thought they didn’t really have much of a chance

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 29 Nov 2022 21:16

Loafer

"They'll give themselves a little pat on the back" :lol:

Lolz he was picked up on that comment. "No, they'll be disappointed, Jeff"

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Nov 2022 21:16

Zip
Loafer

Get him to describe the fourth, or better still, link to it

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 29 Nov 2022 21:18

I guess it's a measure of how far England have come tbf.

We used to say "there's no such thing as an easy game in international football" as they drew with Algeria, whereas we're now quite happy to crow about how nice it is that Wales have had their big day.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2022 21:18

bcubed
Zip

Very strange wasn’t it?

It was the same in the 2016 Euros. England did all the pressing and we were passive. When you are up against a better side you have to get stuck in. We sat back.
Having said that I’m not going to criticise Page. He got us there and I am appreciative of that but I’m not convinced I will see Wales at another World Cup Finals.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Nov 2022 21:20

Zip

Just got in from a wonderful spa day at Nirvana. So I kept my word and didn't see the game.
I can only assume it was as expected, not seen the stats, but from your comment I will say this. Under Giggs we were slowly progressing nicely before the stupid twat decided he wanted to be a jail bird as a change of career. Rob Page has taken over and carried on but we hadn't improved as we had been doing and now it appears it's caught up and we seem to be playing this defensive bullshit drop deep side passing bullshit we see at Reading......The first game to drop Moore was nigh on criminal, our best front man. I'm sorry but I don't think he is the man for the job and we need to come out of this with a plan and build a new young side with someone who knows what they are doing, as we did around 2012. As my relative texted me after the first game "Rob Page has turned into Bobby Gould"

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Nov 2022 21:25

Senegal will be a much sterner game for England on Sunday.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 29 Nov 2022 21:26

Franchise FC
Zip
Loafer :|

Get him to describe the fourth, or better still, link to it

It was 3, I've had 7 pints

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 29 Nov 2022 21:27

Ascotexgunner
Zip

Just got in from a wonderful spa day at Nirvana. So I kept my word and didn't see the game.
I can only assume it was as expected, not seen the stats, but from your comment I will say this. Under Giggs we were slowly progressing nicely before the stupid twat decided he wanted to be a jail bird as a change of career. Rob Page has taken over and carried on but we hadn't improved as we had been doing and now it appears it's caught up and we seem to be playing this defensive bullshit drop deep side passing bullshit we see at Reading......The first game to drop Moore was nigh on criminal, our best front man. I'm sorry but I don't think he is the man for the job and we need to come out of this with a plan and build a new young side with someone who knows what they are doing, as we did around 2012. As my relative texted me after the first game "Rob Page has turned into Bobby Gould"

Don't believe for 1 seconds you haven't watched any games or listened to any or caught any highlights

You and Ian will watch if England get to the semis and final :lol:

2186 posts