England - the future....

3567 posts
LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: England - the future....

by LUX » 31 Mar 2022 11:40

well, the under 17's just got knocked out of the Euros by, get this, Luxembourg (who have qualified with France from the Group).

Lux beat England 2-0 on Tuesday. England had two players sent off in the closing minutes. Rare to get sendings-off at that age.

Lux is a future powerhouse.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Apr 2022 11:31

Do wonder what plans, if any, the England setup has for Michael Olise and Fabio Carvalho. Olise born here but has represented France at youth levels (qualifies by his mother) including the U21s last month. Carvalho born in Portugal but raised in England, played for England U18s, but for Portugal U21s after a call-up in March. Both players who I think could earn England caps, Carvalho probably a higher ceiling - but I think we might miss out on both.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 20 Apr 2022 12:15

Sanguine Do wonder what plans, if any, the England setup has for Michael Olise and Fabio Carvalho. Olise born here but has represented France at youth levels (qualifies by his mother) including the U21s last month. Carvalho born in Portugal but raised in England, played for England U18s, but for Portugal U21s after a call-up in March. Both players who I think could earn England caps, Carvalho probably a higher ceiling - but I think we might miss out on both.

Not sure Olise will make the France squad at any point soon, think England is more likely given the lack of form of Rashford and Sancho. He needs to nail down his place in the Palace side before anything though.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 20 Apr 2022 12:23

Sanguine Do wonder what plans, if any, the England setup has for Michael Olise and Fabio Carvalho. Olise born here but has represented France at youth levels (qualifies by his mother) including the U21s last month. Carvalho born in Portugal but raised in England, played for England U18s, but for Portugal U21s after a call-up in March. Both players who I think could earn England caps, Carvalho probably a higher ceiling - but I think we might miss out on both.

I don't think either would get a first team call up in the next 12 months in either squad really, especially with Carvalho moving to Liverpool, but it depends on what they can both do in the PL from next season onwards. If Carvalho can move on loan to a PL side or can get some good minutes in Liverpool's side, then he probably has the bigger chance.

Olise will have certainly had an U21 cap for England by now as well. If Olise was to have chosen England, he'd have probably had more of an opportunity of an England call up at this time rather than France.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Apr 2022 13:28

I thought Olise had pledged his international career to France over England, he certainly played for the French u21 side last month.

Same with Carvalho, he was born in Portugal and only moved to England in 2013 (he was 11 at the time) and I think he’s opted for Portugal over England despite u18 caps for England. He was called up to Portugal’s u21 side last month though I’m not sure if he played at all.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 29 Apr 2022 13:26

Channel 4 has nabbed the rights from ITV/Sky to show England matches for the next two years. Uefa Nations League games, Euro 2024 qualifiers and friendlies will shown by the channel until 2024. :shock:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Apr 2022 13:34

Whore Jackie Channel 4 has nabbed the rights from ITV/Sky to show England matches for the next two years. Uefa Nations League games, Euro 2024 qualifiers and friendlies will shown by the channel until 2024. :shock:

Good for them! Will be interesting to see if it just the usual faces who migrate over.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 29 Apr 2022 14:40

Hendo
Whore Jackie Channel 4 has nabbed the rights from ITV/Sky to show England matches for the next two years. Uefa Nations League games, Euro 2024 qualifiers and friendlies will shown by the channel until 2024. :shock:

Good for them! Will be interesting to see if it just the usual faces who migrate over.

Vernon Kay nailed on to present it.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Apr 2022 15:09

Hendo

I hope we don't see the resurrection of Clive Tyldesley.
Expect to see inane Jermain Jenas who appears all over the place on TV at the moment.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Apr 2022 15:39

South Coast Royal
Hendo

Expect to see inane Jermain Jenas who appears all over the place on TV at the moment.

Would be interested to know why, he is certainly better than Sam Matterface.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Apr 2022 16:15

Hendo
South Coast Royal
Hendo

Would be interested to know why, he is certainly better than Sam Matterface.

Not a great fan of Matterface but have always found Tyldesley annoying (see also posts from times gone by from Silver Fox).

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 May 2022 09:10

Squad announcement at 2pm. If Fikayo Tomori is excluded in favour of Coady and Mings then serious questions need to be asked of Southgate.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 May 2022 14:21

NathStPaul Squad announcement at 2pm. If Fikayo Tomori is excluded in favour of Coady and Mings then serious questions need to be asked of Southgate.

I like Coady as a squad player - can take it or leave it with Mings
Not watched Tomori at all so have no idea how well he’s playing … I’d be hoping that Southgate and his staff would know

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 May 2022 14:34

It appears we’ve got all we wanted

Surprised, but pleased, with the Bowen selection

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 May 2022 14:41

Strange how we have so many good RB’s but so short at LB’s. Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s not a single left footed player in that squad in defence or midfield

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 May 2022 16:06

Franchise FC It appears we’ve got all we wanted

Surprised, but pleased, with the Bowen selection

100% deserves it.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 24 May 2022 16:29

URZZZZ Strange how we have so many good RB’s but so short at LB’s. Correct me if I’m wrong but there’s not a single left footed player in that squad in defence or midfield

Depends on whether you'd call Foden and Saka midfielders or forwards. It'll probably be Trippier at left back or could go with a back 3 and Saka as an attack minded left wingback.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Jun 2022 19:02

Jesus that must have been a hard watch for an England fan.
Hungary were really impressive.
Defo penalty for me. Not sure why Channel 4 think it's debatable. James has no intention of getting the ball when the guy has clearly got behind him.
Suspect England fans won't be happy with that. Bowen was awful as well.
Worst performance was Owen as usual.

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 04 Jun 2022 19:36

Ascotexgunner Jesus that must have been a hard watch for an England fan.
Defo penalty for me. Not sure why Channel 4 think it's debatable. James has no intention of getting the ball when the guy has clearly got behind him.

No idea what you were watching but Hungary were awful and bowen one of our better players

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Jun 2022 20:51

Loafer
Ascotexgunner Jesus that must have been a hard watch for an England fan.

No idea what you were watching but Hungary were awful and bowen one of our better players

The first sentence remains absolutely spot on

3567 posts