Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: England - the future....

by Green » 14 Jul 2021 20:08

Doing the rounds in Germany

St Pauli
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by St Pauli » 15 Jul 2021 02:41

windermereROYAL Think our bid for 2030 WC should be withdrawn, absolute waste of time, the organisers would only need to look at news clips of ticketless fans forcing their way in and the disgusting trashing of Leicester square to throw it out without a second thought.

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=2mwguk

+1

St Pauli
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by St Pauli » 15 Jul 2021 02:42

NathStPaul
windermereROYAL think our bid for 2030 WC should be withdrawn, absolute waste of time, the organisers would only need to look at news clips of ticketless fans forcing their way in and the disgusting trashing of Leicester square to throw it out without a second thought.

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=2mwguk

Fairly certain this happens in many places during the hosting of a major tournament. Agree it isn't a good look for us but we are by no means alone when it comes to bad behaviour.

Not in the same numbers, to the same extent, with the same number of drunks.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by St Pauli » 15 Jul 2021 02:55

Sanguine
NathStPaul
WestYorksRoyal The thought of hosting a major tournament used to excite me but I'm not sure I want it after this weekend. At least overseas we can force the known hooligans and thugs to stay at home.

Hoping lessons will be learnt by 2030. Whilst the blame for the events outside Wembley are the sole responsibility of the idiots doing it, I am very unahppy with the levels of policing and contingency planning. Wembley should have had a ring of steel around it and a huge police presence in place. Also ridiculous to have fan parks so close to the stadium in which ticketless fans could get pissed up in all day. If you have to have them then have them well away from the stadiums.

Yep, the most shocking bit of the footage for me was seeing stewards, and very few of them too, getting flattened by rampaging England fans. The police presence looked to be tiny. Awful planning.

I’m not sure how you police thousands of shitfaced blokes all trying to get to one location. Placing fan parks far away would have just meant empty fan parks.

The only thing I think might have limited it is stopping tube travel to Wembley to stop thousands arriving pissed and then getting more pissed on Wembley way. But then how do you help non pissed ticket holding fans get to the game? If you move ticket checks to another tube station you’ll just have to have huge policing operations on every tube station. And even then if fans have all day they can just walk to Wembley. So what do you do then? Make a huge G8 summit style perimeter fence around Wembley? That also has the capacity to allow tens of thousands of legitimate ticketed fans through?

When you present that kind of plan to the FIFA/UEFA you’re basically already accepting that you’re not really able to host safely.

The lesson that needs learning is ‘don’t drink all day and be a massive c/nt’. Not a lesson I think we’re going to learn by 2030.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Jul 2021 08:09

Green Doing the rounds in Germany

Who said the Germans don't have a sense of humour!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sanguine » 15 Jul 2021 08:43

St Pauli
Sanguine
NathStPaul
Hoping lessons will be learnt by 2030. Whilst the blame for the events outside Wembley are the sole responsibility of the idiots doing it, I am very unahppy with the levels of policing and contingency planning. Wembley should have had a ring of steel around it and a huge police presence in place. Also ridiculous to have fan parks so close to the stadium in which ticketless fans could get pissed up in all day. If you have to have them then have them well away from the stadiums.

Yep, the most shocking bit of the footage for me was seeing stewards, and very few of them too, getting flattened by rampaging England fans. The police presence looked to be tiny. Awful planning.

I’m not sure how you police thousands of shitfaced blokes all trying to get to one location. Placing fan parks far away would have just meant empty fan parks.

The only thing I think might have limited it is stopping tube travel to Wembley to stop thousands arriving pissed and then getting more pissed on Wembley way. But then how do you help non pissed ticket holding fans get to the game? If you move ticket checks to another tube station you’ll just have to have huge policing operations on every tube station. And even then if fans have all day they can just walk to Wembley. So what do you do then? Make a huge G8 summit style perimeter fence around Wembley? That also has the capacity to allow tens of thousands of legitimate ticketed fans through?

When you present that kind of plan to the FIFA/UEFA you’re basically already accepting that you’re not really able to host safely.

The lesson that needs learning is ‘don’t drink all day and be a massive c/nt’. Not a lesson I think we’re going to learn by 2030.

All fair points, especially the final one. I'm not sure the problem can be answered - there's just been a shift change, it seems, in the way some fans think that they are entitled to behave.

I was at the Nou Camp five or six years ago when City played Barca in the Champions League. A few thousand very pissed up City fans arriving at a single 'gate' at the stadium - I remember thinking how relaxed entry was but admit I didn't really consider the potential for trouble, or notice much policing. I say 'gate' as the entry for City fans amounted to gap in the outer concourse on to which had been placed some concrete bollards to separate fans into lines. Security doing random body searches and bag searches, but otherwise just show your ticket and walk on through. And no trouble that I encountered, or read about subsequently.

The England stuff has left me totally perplexed. I don't really understand what I saw, why it happened, or what can be done about it - just feels to me like we've gone back 30 years to the bad old days of hooliganism and our European ban.

Zip
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Zip » 15 Jul 2021 10:08

I’ve never really understood the drinking culture surrounding football. It’s never interested me. It’s all about the game for me. That’s what I look forward to along with going with my son and mixing with the various ST holders who I have gotten to know over the years.

What happened on Sunday was thuggish, embarrassing and all part of a sense of entitlement that some people seem to have these days.

Hendo
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hendo » 15 Jul 2021 10:43

Zip I’ve never really understood the drinking culture surrounding football. It’s never interested me. It’s all about the game for me. That’s what I look forward to along with going with my son and mixing with the various ST holders who I have gotten to know over the years.

What happened on Sunday was thuggish, embarrassing and all part of a sense of entitlement that some people seem to have these days.

Agree. I like to have a pint or 2 before the game, but that is usually about it.

Said to Lady Hendo on Sunday that I didn't want to have loads to drink because it might end up being a day I want to remember for the rest of my life and if I have too much, I will just forget it.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Regular

by NathStPaul » 15 Jul 2021 10:50

Hendo
Zip I’ve never really understood the drinking culture surrounding football. It’s never interested me. It’s all about the game for me. That’s what I look forward to along with going with my son and mixing with the various ST holders who I have gotten to know over the years.

Agree. I like to have a pint or 2 before the game, but that is usually about it.

Said to Lady Hendo on Sunday that I didn't want to have loads to drink because it might end up being a day I want to remember for the rest of my life and if I have too much, I will just forget it.

Yep I'm the same. It sounds very boring but if I go to a Reading away game I like to have a look around the town and ground, take some photos of the stadium and have a nice lunch before the game. I also like to get in early and watch the warm up, it fascinates me. As a coach myself I sometimes take notes of any goalkeeping warm ups that I've not seen before to use going forward. I'd hate to be going on a long journey and getting pissed up before the match, pointless to me.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by St Pauli » 15 Jul 2021 11:15

I like getting smashed at football on occasion but I tend to draw the line at barging my way through disabled doors pushing kids in wheelchairs out of the way.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Jul 2021 11:26

NathStPaul
Hendo

Yep I'm the same. It sounds very boring but if I go to a Reading away game I like to have a look around the town and ground, take some photos of the stadium and have a nice lunch before the game. I also like to get in early and watch the warm up, it fascinates me. As a coach myself I sometimes take notes of any goalkeeping warm ups that I've not seen before to use going forward. I'd hate to be going on a long journey and getting pissed up before the match, pointless to me.

I don’t know - a good coping mechanism to get through Stam’s games

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jul 2021 12:10

St Pauli I like getting smashed at football on occasion but I tend to draw the line at barging my way through disabled doors pushing kids in wheelchairs out of the way.

I used to get drunk at away games on the journey up there, last time it got me kicked out and banned for abusing somebody that wronged me (that oxf*rd oxf*rd oxf*rd :evil: ), then got into a fight and ended up winning by headbutt outside a pub in reading against a few people vs me

was drinking rom 7 am that day... bad times

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jul 2021 12:12

URZZZZ
NathStPaul
Hendo

I don’t know - a good coping mechanism to get through Stam’s games

I use to sneak in hip flasks to those games with whisky in my Bovril or Coke... I got banned before and flicked beer over somebody which apparently is an arrestable offence and violent abuse :roll: when drinking at a game

It is all past me now, and I never drink at games anymore

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jul 2021 14:18

Used to beer it up before matches....away games started with the journey itself.

Nowadays, not a chance....old mans bladder syndrome

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Jul 2021 22:05

No chance we will host a competition anytime soon with oxf*rd idiots like this in public

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/15/idiot-dr ... p.whatsapp

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jul 2021 22:18

Sounds like an average night out with the in-laws tbf

Etc etc...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Jul 2021 23:37

Hendo

Oh fcuk off, Víctor Mature.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Jul 2021 10:06

Mature.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 16 Jul 2021 10:15

Simmops No chance we will host a competition anytime soon with oxf*rd idiots like this in public

"It was the biggest day of my life. There were no rules that day. All I know is that I loved it all. I was off my face and I loved every minute"

lol

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Jul 2021 11:04

Winston Biscuit
Simmops No chance we will host a competition anytime soon with oxf*rd idiots like this in public

"It was the biggest day of my life. There were no rules that day. All I know is that I loved it all. I was off my face and I loved every minute"

lol

What a oxf*rd helmet

I never knew there was such thing as a "jibber", which is basically somebody who breaks into games

3041 posts