The womens world cup

195 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The womens world cup

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2019 18:15

Record breaking attendances and viewership probably a better indication than your shambolic view of watching a couple of games.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Jun 2019 20:40

Not watched much of it but from the bits I've seen, the standard is very much improving and as others have said, whilst goalkeeping is still a weakness in the game generally, the very best keepers look excellent.

I don't get the comparisons with the men's game, I really don't. It's a bit like comparing Dina Asher-Smith to Usain Bolt and declaring she's a shit runner. it's a different game and whilst there's such a disparity in funding worldwide, comparisons are irrelevant.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2019 22:23

The one thing I've noticed is a lot of loose passing. Usually caused by a panicked moment after a heavy touch or beating someone without quite close enough control and seeing another player coming in to sweep up. To be honest that just makes me appreciate the skill, control and fitness in the men's game more rather than the women's game less. I think it also shows a greater ambition with the ball (that may surpass ability).

Which is comforting seeing as it's what I do regularly on a Wednesday night. To a far* lower standard of course.

*×far

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jun 2019 22:29

Snowflake Royal Record breaking attendances and viewership probably a better indication than your shambolic view of watching a couple of games.

No you are wrong. I would turn up to a game with free comped tickets given to me. Doesn't mean it isn't a shambles still or upto standard. Like I said it is a shame that the biggest thing to come out of the World Cup is VAR.

I have a very good knowledge and understanding of football, far better then you and a lot of other people. I know quality when I see it and have watched every game in detail and at this moment in time it ain't there yet. Maybe a few more years.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Jun 2019 22:32

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Record breaking attendances and viewership probably a better indication than your shambolic view of watching a couple of games.

No you are wrong. I would turn up to a game with free comped tickets given to me. Doesn't mean it isn't a shambles still or upto standard. Like I said it is a shame that the biggest thing to come out of the World Cup is VAR.

I have a very good knowledge and understanding of football, far better then you and a lot of other people. I know quality when I see it and have watched every game in detail and at this moment in time it ain't there yet. Maybe a few more years.

Time to catch up with your doctor to review your state.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Jun 2019 22:56

Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71

So sad that you can't have a proper intellectual discussion and resort to insults and try to make yourself out to be a big man with a drama degree, and all it does is proove your mental capacity is that of a banana.

Record attendances because a lot of the tickets were free. I know this. Record viewerships.... that is fair. It is obvious that the BBC are doing their best to shove this down peoples throats. And all the discussion you see is about VAR.... So yes the entire World Cup has pretty much centred about some frankly awful refereeing decisions and VAR. I have watched every game so far. More then an armchair fan like you.

It's a shame you can't ever have a reasonable discussion Ian. Maybe one day you will grow up and be able too.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Jun 2019 02:11

The Enfield Royal71

Interesting phrasing. OMA used that line on a number of occasions.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Jun 2019 06:11

sandman
The Enfield Royal71

Interesting phrasing. OMA used that line on a number of occasions.

:|
OMA is Kes and John Smith, we have already established that.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Jun 2019 08:09

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71

Maybe one day you will grow up and be able too.

:lol: - don’t know if you’re being serious or not

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Jun 2019 09:29

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71

So sad that you can't have a proper intellectual discussion and resort to insults and try to make yourself out to be a big man with a drama degree, and all it does is proove your mental capacity is that of a banana.

Record attendances because a lot of the tickets were free. I know this. Record viewerships.... that is fair. It is obvious that the BBC are doing their best to shove this down peoples throats. And all the discussion you see is about VAR.... So yes the entire World Cup has pretty much centred about some frankly awful refereeing decisions and VAR. I have watched every game so far. More then an armchair fan like you.

It's a shame you can't ever have a reasonable discussion Ian. Maybe one day you will grow up and be able too.

'Oh dear, Gladys, we're going to have to watch the football tonight. We can't possibly change the channel, the BBC are shoving it down our throats!'

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Jun 2019 09:50

The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71

I'm taking you at your word that you have genuine mental health issues rather than assuming you are a basement dwelling incel troll.

Just friendly advice that your behaviour is swinging from normal to trolling, which is usually a sign you're having a meltdown.

Take care of yourself.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Jun 2019 09:53

Snowflake Royal
The Enfield Royal71
Snowflake Royal Time to catch up with your doctor to review your state.

I'm taking you at your word that you have genuine mental health issues rather than assuming you are a basement dwelling incel troll.

Just friendly advice that your behaviour is swinging from normal to trolling, which is usually a sign you're having a meltdown.

Take care of yourself.

I genuinely don't see where I have said anything that isn't a regular discussion and can be construed as trolling. Im just stating facts here. There is no meltdown anywhere as i am very happy right now.

You take care of yourself too.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 25 Jun 2019 10:28

The Enfield Royal71 [I have a very good knowledge and understanding of football, far better then you and a lot of other people.

such a shame you're legally prevented from sharing any of this knowledge with us

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Jun 2019 18:50

I've really enjoyed it.
I'd go if it was over here. Been some exciting games. Norway v Australia was the best game.
I've never been to a women's professional match, I'd feel awkward screaming one of the
players for underperforming.
On the flip side the ladies (except the Cameroonians) seem a lot tougher, they don't seem to feign injury or stay down until a player is booked (apart from the US players).
All in all very enjoyable and exciting......apart from VAR......and the rubbish refereeing.

On a side note I suspect they Chinese defence and keeper will be shovelling a lot of salt when they get home after that performance.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Jun 2019 20:13

Silver Fox
The Enfield Royal71 [I have a very good knowledge and understanding of football, far better then you and a lot of other people.

such a shame you're legally prevented from sharing any of this knowledge with us

Not all of it. Just some of the top secret technology and projects I work on.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Jun 2019 22:00

RIP accidental handball after that decision. What the hell is happening to the game. The ball was drilled at her and there was no way her arm was unnatural and she was trying to get it out of the way. There was nothing she could do!!!!

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Jun 2019 22:09

Ascotexgunner RIP accidental handball after that decision. What the hell is happening to the game. The ball was drilled at her and there was no way her arm was unnatural and she was trying to get it out of the way. There was nothing she could do!!!!

Another example of terrible refereeing that seems to be rife at this wc.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Jun 2019 22:38

Although tbf to the lasses, that Japan goal wouldn't look out of place in the premier league.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Jun 2019 10:45

The Enfield Royal71
Ascotexgunner RIP accidental handball after that decision. What the hell is happening to the game. The ball was drilled at her and there was no way her arm was unnatural and she was trying to get it out of the way. There was nothing she could do!!!!

Another example of terrible refereeing that seems to be rife at this wc.

The ref is always going to give it now though as they know that VAR will back them up.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 26 Jun 2019 11:09

Yep, terrible decision.
Might as well be done with it and make it the same as when the ball contacts a foot in hockey.

195 posts