Euro 2020

2571 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Euro 2020

by NathStPaul » 11 Jun 2021 10:57

Oh god it has quoted me. Is there a way of blocking someone quoting you?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Jun 2021 11:05

NathStPaul Oh god it has quoted me. Is there a way of blocking someone quoting you?

Grow up, nobody is here to argue with anybody. We are talking about the Euros, stop holding grudges from months ago, it is childish.

I will talk to whoever about whatever I please and that is the end of it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jun 2021 11:24

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman Where's all the hype for Turkey come from? Their recent results don't exactly scream dark horses.

There is no hype for them. Just have a smashing few players (Yilmaz, Cahlanoglu, Soyuncu, Yokuslu) and completely demolished a very strong Dutch team. And are in a relatively weak group.

Only an utter fool can not see that they have a decent chance of upsetting Italy.

In tournament games literally anything can and has happened. I do not see why Turkey could sneak a result.

This was in response to "a Turkish team tipped by many to be an an underdog who could maybe get to the last 8". So there you go. Of course there's every chance of an upset tonight, but other than beating Holland, in recent games they've drawn with Guinea and Latvia, and snuck past Moldova and Azerbaijan.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Jun 2021 11:28

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Where's all the hype for Turkey come from? Their recent results don't exactly scream dark horses.

This happens every tournament, it is normally Croatia that get a lot of hype built up around them for no reason but this time it is Turkey. Turkey will do absolutely nothing of note, might sneak one of the 3rd place qualifying slots if they are lucky. Only a complete and utter fool would back them.

to get a top 2 place in the group?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Jun 2021 11:29

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops

There is no hype for them. Just have a smashing few players (Yilmaz, Cahlanoglu, Soyuncu, Yokuslu) and completely demolished a very strong Dutch team. And are in a relatively weak group.

Only an utter fool can not see that they have a decent chance of upsetting Italy.

In tournament games literally anything can and has happened. I do not see why Turkey could sneak a result.

This was in response to "a Turkish team tipped by many to be an an underdog who could maybe get to the last 8". So there you go. Of course there's every chance of an upset tonight, but other than beating Holland, in recent games they've drawn with Guinea and Latvia, and snuck past Moldova and Azerbaijan.

Oh, no idea who said that. Don't think they will go that far but stranger things have happened eh

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Jun 2021 11:33

Winston Biscuit
NathStPaul

This happens every tournament, it is normally Croatia that get a lot of hype built up around them for no reason but this time it is Turkey. Turkey will do absolutely nothing of note, might sneak one of the 3rd place qualifying slots if they are lucky. Only a complete and utter fool would back them.

Italy and Switzerland are nailed on to get 1st and 2nd.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Jun 2021 11:45

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit
NathStPaul This happens every tournament, it is normally Croatia that get a lot of hype built up around them for no reason but this time it is Turkey. Turkey will do absolutely nothing of note, might sneak one of the 3rd place qualifying slots if they are lucky. Only a complete and utter fool would back them.

right click. save.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Jun 2021 11:47

I have no idea, we are all guessing here, but I think 2nd place in that group is right up for grabs and Turkey getting it would be no shock

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Jun 2021 11:51

Winston Biscuit
NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit

right click. save.

Add to:

Trump will win
No lockdown will happen

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jun 2021 11:51

Winston Biscuit Starting with a cracking fixture too. This would have been one of the group games I was most looking forward to seeing.

A rejuvenated Italian team who are very unitalian in their attacking approach Vs a Turkish team tipped by many to be an an underdog who could maybe get to the last 8

really massively buzzing for this!

Gerrin there football!!!

Italy have won 8 on the bounce - with a clean sheet in every game

Italy to win 2-0, Jorginho to score a penalty

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Jun 2021 11:53

Winston Biscuit I have no idea, we are all guessing here, but I think 2nd place in that group is right up for grabs and Turkey getting it would be no shock

Think the Swiss are due a decent tournament, they have been threatening to have a really decent side for a number of years now.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 11 Jun 2021 12:55

NathStPaul
Winston Biscuit I have no idea, we are all guessing here, but I think 2nd place in that group is right up for grabs and Turkey getting it would be no shock

Think the Swiss are due a decent tournament, they have been threatening to have a really decent side for a number of years now.

I don't know anything about the Swiss tbf, so I am basing predictions on them being the usual Swiss

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jun 2021 14:02

It looks like it might be better for England to finish runner-up in the group - winning it means we will face either France, Germany or Portugal in the R16 (unless Hungary pull a miracle)

Bit like in World Cup, finishing runner-up gave us a much easier route through

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jun 2021 14:02

Ascotexgunner Christ we are 5/4 to NOT get out of our group and 3-1 to beat Switzerland. Might be worth a flutter though I'm starting to realise the cuckoo clockers maybe better than I thought.

Nah. We will be fine. Everyone else on here is dismissing us. We are more than capable of getting out of the group. We will need to play well though as it’s a tough group especially playing what really amounts to two away games v Italy and Turkey.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Jun 2021 14:03

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jun 2021 14:04

URZZZZ
Winston Biscuit Starting with a cracking fixture too. This would have been one of the group games I was most looking forward to seeing.

A rejuvenated Italian team who are very unitalian in their attacking approach Vs a Turkish team tipped by many to be an an underdog who could maybe get to the last 8

really massively buzzing for this!

Gerrin there football!!!

Italy have won 8 on the bounce - with a clean sheet in every game

Italy to win 2-0, Jorginho to score a penalty

I didn’t realise they are unbeaten in 27 games :?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 11 Jun 2021 14:05

genome It looks like it might be better for England to finish runner-up in the group - winning it means we will face either France, Germany or Portugal in the R16 (unless Hungary pull a miracle)

If we want to win it then we will have to beat the best teams eventually, can't worry about who we get and when we get them.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jun 2021 14:29

Of course it is. Of the four Turkey are the lowest rank with the Swiss just ahead of us. It wouldn’t surprise me if we finish 1-1 with the Swiss tomorrow.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Jun 2021 14:55

Zip
Ascotexgunner Christ we are 5/4 to NOT get out of our group and 3-1 to beat Switzerland. Might be worth a flutter though I'm starting to realise the cuckoo clockers maybe better than I thought.

Nah. We will be fine. Everyone else on here is dismissing us. We are more than capable of getting out of the group. We will need to play well though as it’s a tough group especially playing what really amounts to two away games v Italy and Turkey.

Welcome to Hell

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 11 Jun 2021 14:56

genome It looks like it might be better for England to finish runner-up in the group - winning it means we will face either France, Germany or Portugal in the R16 (unless Hungary pull a miracle)

I would prefer to play as best we can, win our group, have confidence and hopefully take that through to the next round and smash one of the other teams

Fear Germany the most by far, although I do honestly not want to see Mbappe in full stride against our defence :shock:

2571 posts